Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony DR-BTN200 Wireless Bluetooth NFC Headphones - €29.99 [Carphone Warehouse]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just ordered for collection in Sligo with the link in post 12.

It was reported earlier that the link was not working, it must be fixed now.

48 hours to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

Great BA, picked up the last one in Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

works a treat with NFC, turns on headphones, pairs and starts playing :) much better sound than I was expecting too -super headphones for 30 a steal. Colour is my only complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

Cheers OP, bought one earlier. Do those bluetooth adaptors work with a non smart tv if you stick them in the usb slot? Have wireless headphones but one side is constantly going off so these would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

In case anyone is wondering, they won't work with a PS4 which is a shame cos they are white like my PS4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

superg wrote: »
    In case anyone is wondering, they won't work with a PS4 which is a shame cos they are white like my PS4!

The guy in the shop told me he has them hooked up to his PS4. Probably talking out through his arse tho.
    It does pair up with the Bluetooth dongle from Dealz but it constantly cuts out and frezzes up the PC aswell. 2.0 isn't good enough for streaming music I suppose. Ah well, bound to be a cheap 3.0 on Amazon. Decent enough headphones aswell, worth 30 anyway.

I tried them on mine earlier and it was a no go so he was talking through his hoop alright.

I have an Asus Bluetooth dongle in my pc and they work fine with that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will these work with an iphone 5?

Work fine with my iPhone 4 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

What's the bass like on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

The guy in the shop told me he has them hooked up to his PS4. Probably talking out through his arse tho.
    It does pair up with the Bluetooth dongle from Dealz but it constantly cuts out and frezzes up the PC aswell. 2.0 isn't good enough for streaming music I suppose. Ah well, bound to be a cheap 3.0 on Amazon. Decent enough headphones aswell, worth 30 anyway.

Bludio wireless 20 quid and twice as powerful as the Sony. Drawback is the slightly more plastic Chinese feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Ordered to pick up in Harvey Norman Carrickmines, bit strange isn't there an actual carphone warehouse in Carrickmines?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Reserved in blanch. Lubly jubly :)

Another gadget for the man drawer, destined for a life of dust and darkness following the "once off" obligatory test.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Ordered to pick up in Harvey Norman Carrickmines, bit strange isn't there an actual carphone warehouse in Carrickmines?

Did the same with the carphone warehouse in harvey norman in Waterford. Went in to collect to meet two lads clueless about the headphones and clueless about how the reservation system works. They didn't even sell headphones they said. They rang another store and reserved one there for me.

Sounds like this reservation system isn't very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

There is ..... that's where I got mine! It's opposite TK Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Black ones available here.... for an extra 19e

http://www.expansys.ie/sony-wireless-headset-dr-btn200m-black-241558/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Furzy wrote: »
    Black ones available here.... for an extra 19e

http://www.expansys.ie/sony-wireless-headset-dr-btn200m-black-241558/

Less hassle from Arogs: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1087479/Trail/searchtext%3EBLUETOOTH+HEADPHONES.htm. And no postage, but I'd still go for the white ones if you can get them for 30.

I have a pair of these, good quality sound, ridiculously long battery life and comfortable to wear. Would recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Would these work with a ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Bludio wireless 20 quid and twice as powerful as the Sony. Drawback is the slightly more plastic Chinese feel.
    Lovely, another unnecessary buy.. they look more the part for me anyway. Will be buying when I get home . Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

i got these yesterday and so far im impressed. Good Quality feel, sit comfortably on my head and over my ear, when playing they have good sound and base, blocks out background noise (haven't tested in busy public area yet tho). Overall im impressed, especially for €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Does anybody know which courier delivers these? And if they're shipped from Ireland?
    Got a dispatched email yesterday, wondering if someone should be home today to receive delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Bought a set in wexford, they had 3 more being the counter and a sign advertising them at €29.99 so presume they will be on offer for a while. Cheers Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Link is dead and not on website..

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Picked up a pair on Grafton street yesterday and tried them out on my walk to work through the city this morning

Sound wise they are pretty good, could still hear city noise but the quality of the sounds and the volume meant I could drown it out if I wanted
    The are relatively light and comfy to wear and the controls all work well

My only niggle was that I got sound drops and stuttering which was disappointing but then I was walking through the city centre so interference would have been high

Having looked up the manual it appears you can drop the bit rate when you turn on the headphones so i will try that this evening and report back on the outcome

If it solves the problem then these are great value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Res'd the last set in Blanchardstown earlier. Looking forward to trying them out with the Minix x8 later.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My only niggle was that I got sound drops and stuttering which was disappointing but then I was walking through the city centre so interference would have been high

Bluetooth is congested as hell in urban areas unfortunately. I've two blackspots on my commute, corner on Stephens green and Grafton and at the north end of Westmoreland St. Link always degrades there and can be stuttery until past the GPO.

This is the price we pay for never ever having a frayed cable again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

ED E wrote: »
    Bluetooth is congested as hell in urban areas unfortunately. I've two blackspots on my commute, corner on Stephens green and Grafton and at the north end of Westmoreland St. Link always degrades there and can be stuttery until past the GPO.

This is the price we pay for never ever having a frayed cable again :D

Walked all that route on my way to work this morning and it was in those areas where it was worst alright

Will try the bit rate drop this evening anyway and see if it makes much of a difference

I did very much enjoy not having a cable this morning alright :)

superg wrote: »
    Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Would these work with a ps4?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ash.c92

If there are any left in any store for delivery can someone please send me the link please? I cant find any mention of them online! thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I reserved a set in the Mill Centre yesterday and got a reservation number but they emailed back to say they were all gone and will try get a set from somewhere else. Following that, I made 2 reservations for a set each under different names as one for a friend, and I recieved reservation numbers, but when i went down this morning, they only had one set left and they were out on the shelves for anyone to buy, so they never put the stock on hold. Just a caution for anyone hoping to pick up a set later. Great set of headphones. So simple to use. Sound not bad at all but volume is a bit low. Great bargain. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Loads in Ashbourne this afternoon. Picked up 2 for the kids. Seems as of they wont connect to any device without a full charge.

Advertisement