Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting bluetooth headphones to bluetooth transmitter...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not sure how it'd work either, I've only paired from phone/laptop to BT speakers. Maybe there's a button you press on that device to begin pairing, and some button combo on the Sony's to complete pairing? (that's only an educated guess though)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Not sure how it'd work either, I've only paired from phone/laptop to BT speakers. Maybe there's a button you press on that device to begin pairing, and some button combo on the Sony's to complete pairing? (that's only and educated guess though)

Cheers for the response! Yeah it's a funny one alright!

Apparently the Sony will pair, if you just hold the power button for 7 seconds, but how it decides on what to pair with I just don't know. The transmitter isn't exactly expensive so I might just go with it and see. But equally I figured someone else must have tried something similar!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

S'pose it's worth a punt, you'd probably be able to sell on the BT transmitter on adverts if it didn't work out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

S'pose it's worth a punt, you'd probably be able to sell on the BT transmitter on adverts if it didn't work out.

I've taken a punt! Cheers! Not a big risk at least.

Update!

This does indeed work. However there are latency issues, there's probably .5 of of a second delay. Depending on usage this may not be an issue!

• Advertisement

Update 2:

Just another update on this. After further testing, the latency really is negligible. I'm happily using this with my PC to watch youtube videos etc. If you concentrate really hard you might just be able to notice a tiny delay. But it really is tiny. So in short, this works well. And it's cheap. Works with my TV too.

Advertisement