Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No one slags off Vladimir... Opposition Leader Shot Dead.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Putin critic may have been shot dead by Islamic extremists, says president-led committee

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/boris-nemtsov-shot-dead-investigators-say-islamic-extremists-may-have-murdered-politician-10077276.html

In Russia. Lee Harvey Oswald is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

He messed with the wrong man and was Putin his place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Egginacup wrote: »
    He can kill who he wants in his own country.

Please explain.

But if you feel the onus is upon you to criticise the machinations within another person's land then surely you would have no issue with them commenting or even interfering in your land, No?

Seriously twisted logic there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

And what does any of this have to do with you or I?

Even if, in your fantastic imagination, Vladimir Putin killed someone, then why are you so animated about it?
    He can kill who he wants in his own country. Why are you cribbing about what happens in another country? UNLESS you think you have a right to tell how others ought to be.

Is that the case?

Murder is an abomination and state sanctioned murder is beyond reproach. But if you feel the onus is upon you to criticise the machinations within another person's land then surely you would have no issue with them commenting or even interfering in your land, No?

Just to get this clear, if Nazi Germany never expanded borders. You would say the extermination of Jews in Germany is occurring in Hitler's own country. Why would we be cribbing about it?

The lengths which you go to, to praise a megalomaniac is frankly terrifying. Have you ever considered emigrating to Russia? We all support you, I imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

The likelihood of an average person from Ireland supporting or having anything but contempt for what Russia has been doing to former colonies does not even register as a statistic.

The likelihood of pro-Putin comments being from the Troll army paid by Russia to flood western media with 'supposedly local' support for Russia's actions, is very probable.

I wouldn't mind supplementing my income. How much do you get paid and how do I sign up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The likelihood of an average person from Ireland supporting or having anything but contempt for what Russia has been doing to former colonies does not even register as a statistic.

The likelihood of pro-Putin comments being from the Troll army paid by Russia to flood western media with 'supposedly local' support for Russia's actions, is very probable.

I wouldn't mind supplementing my income. How much do you get paid and how do I sign up?

Going by the quality of the shills on here its a job bridge position

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

brimal wrote: »
    Please explain.

Seriously twisted logic there.

What I'm saying is that I don't believe for a second that Putin had anything to do with Nemtsov's death. The moment I heard about the assassination I thought "false flag". Putin may be a lot of things but he's not naive and he's certainly not stupid. Why would he order Nemtsov's execution when it would have no benefit at all to him and would have incalculable negative ramifications for him.
    So Nemtsov was a Putin critic, so what. If he was that much of a pain in the neck to Putin he could simply have been set up with a honey-trap or some fake case of fraud. Doubtless the guy was more than likely involved in shady dealings anyway given his "friends" in Israel and Washington.

Putin is being demonized every move he makes ... even when he tries to broker a ceasefire and the fact that empty vessels like that clown Harper in Canada came straight out and blamed Putin for the killing speaks volumes. That idiot should be banned from the airwaves. He gives Canadians a bad name.

Who benefits from Nemtsov's death? Certainly not Putin, but for everyone who has an interest in vilifying Putin, the killing is like Christmas for them.

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Just to get this clear, if Nazi Germany never expanded borders. You would say the extermination of Jews in Germany is occurring in Hitler's own country. Why would we be cribbing about it?

The lengths which you go to, to praise a megalomaniac is frankly terrifying. Have you ever considered emigrating to Russia? We all support you, I imagine.

Always the Nazis when talking about Putin. Always dredging up that tired old meme in an atempt to connect the two. Did you leam that trick in the "How to connect Saddam to 9/11" school of speech writing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Always the Nazis when talking about Putin. Always dredging up that tired old meme in an atempt to connect the two. Did you leam that trick in the "How to connect Saddam to 9/11" school of speech writing?

You stated that he should be able to kill whoever he wants in his own country, that is a concerning view .... Now you're on about false flags, you're nuttier than a Snickers at this point ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

you're nuttier than a Snickers at this point ...

Are you trying to say that this is a new development?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Given that you were hoping the entire Georgian population would be crushed you do seem to have very right wing militaristic tendencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

And what does any of this have to do with you or I?

Even if, in your fantastic imagination, Vladimir Putin killed someone, then why are you so animated about it?
    He can kill who he wants in his own country. Why are you cribbing about what happens in another country? UNLESS you think you have a right to tell how others ought to be.

Is that the case?

Murder is an abomination and state sanctioned murder is beyond reproach. But if you feel the onus is upon you to criticise the machinations within another person's land then surely you would have no issue with them commenting or even interfering in your land, No?

This is the dumbest argument ever. If followed to its logical conclusion no dictator could ever be criticised less the dictator "interferes" with people doing the criticism. I bet we don't have to search too far to find egg in a cup criticising politicans in countries not his own though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And always classic whataboutery from you.

He didn't actually equate Putin to the Nazi's. He used the Nazi's of an example of a situation, that going by the exact logic you just posted, is fine by you.

You stated:

Then it was put to you that by your own logic, indisputably evil regimes such as the Nazi's - or lets say ISIS - are an entirely domestic issue and the outside world should not interfere in any shape or form.

Seems a little incompatible with Russia's annexation of Crimea and intervention in eastern Ukraine but I eagerly await your well thought out reply addressing the issue in-depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Do yous sheep really think Putin is that stupid to murder him? I'm no fan of Putin but there is no way on earth he would do this in such a chaotic time for his country.

But what if Putin is so smart that he knows nobody thinks he's dumb enough to murder the opposition leader,so he murders the opposition leader anyway, and everybody says "no, he's too smart to murder the leader of the opposition", thus proving that he's even smarter than we all think he is, although, since I've worked this out for myself, maybe he's not that smart after all..... err....excuse me, what's that noise downstairs, ?.........back in a minu......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Gatling wrote: »
    No they lost what little democracy they had for Hitler 2.0
    Previous crazy Russian leaders have made hitler look like a soft touch. Unfortunately there's precedent for it to be much worse than hitler 2.0.
    RobertKK wrote: »
    Well we are back in the 1980s, there is a stand off against between the west and Russia. Weak leadership in America hasn't helped.
    That's not fair on Obama, nobody could have know just how much Putin liked the 80's.
    SpaceTime wrote: »
    Sure, they have a lot of weapons and scary nukes, but they've 143 million people which is declining at a rate of 0.5% per year due to high emigration, high death rates and low birth rates.
    That's not a lot of people, spread out over a very wide area. I don't know why but I always thought Russia had a bigger population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Joe prim wrote: »
    But what if Putin is so smart that he knows nobody thinks he's dumb enough to murder the opposition leader,so he murders the opposition leader anyway, and everybody says "no, he's too smart to murder the leader of the opposition", thus proving that he's even smarter than we all think he is, although, since I've worked this out for myself, maybe he's not that smart after all..... err....excuse me, what's that noise downstairs, ?.........back in a minu......

Could be that. Its confused the crap out of everybody.

CT forum -->

Given that you were hoping the entire Georgian population would be crushed you do seem to have very right wing militaristic tendencies.

No, I WASN'T hoping the entire Georgian population were crushed. Those are your words, not mine. Let's get our facts right now before we make baseless statements the like of which you have just thoughtlessly spat out.

You are completely wrong. All the west wanted was Assad to transition to proper democracy and give the large number of secular politicians a chance to have a proper functioning democracy. Most of the opposition at the time were secular and progressive. The huge Syrian army could have been kept in place, and that would have been easily big enough to deal with any ISIS groups. The Syrian Army was 500,000 strong at its height with 4000 tanks and so on. Now it can't even defeat a ragtag outfit like ISIS. That and the fact thousands of foreigners joined ISIS in order to fight Assad and he did nothing to stop its growth in the early days and so on.

Assad and Putin must share the blame for the mess Syria is today. And they haven't even bothered to try to stop ISIS. Only for the Americans, Kobane and other places would have falled to ISIS.

Since WHEN do you or anyone else get to determine how another land is ruled?
    Who has bestowed that right, duty and responsibility upon you?

If a foreign power or kingdom or some kind of realm stated that they had more of a right to tell the leaders of your land what to do than you did, what would you say?

Would you say "fvck! Thank the stars for those outsiders telling me what to do. Where would I be without them? Me and my fellow countrymen and women are so thick that we can't do jackshlt, especially when it comes to the leaders of us."

Nodin wrote: »
    I'm not seeing how him being right on various issues lessens him being a bollocks, tbh.

Nodin, can you explain this whole "bollocks" thing?
    I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Who say's the government did it ?

Even if Putin or his cohort isn't directly responsible, it's because of them that there's such a climate of extreme nationalism in Russia, and that critics of the regime are labelled as traitors and viewed with suspicion by so many people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

What I'm saying is that I don't believe for a second that Putin had anything to do with Nemtsov's death. The moment I heard about the assassination I thought "false flag". Putin may be a lot of things but he's not naive and he's certainly not stupid. Why would he order Nemtsov's execution when it would have no benefit at all to him and would have incalculable negative ramifications for him.
    So Nemtsov was a Putin critic, so what. If he was that much of a pain in the neck to Putin he could simply have been set up with a honey-trap or some fake case of fraud. Doubtless the guy was more than likely involved in shady dealings anyway given his "friends" in Israel and Washington.

Putin is being demonized every move he makes ... even when he tries to broker a ceasefire and the fact that empty vessels like that clown Harper in Canada came straight out and blamed Putin for the killing speaks volumes. That idiot should be banned from the airwaves. He gives Canadians a bad name.

Who benefits from Nemtsov's death? Certainly not Putin, but for everyone who has an interest in vilifying Putin, the killing is like Christmas for them.

Really I remember another thread where people were told not to jump immediately to false conclusions with a plethora of made up other evidence. Think it had the same user name that made this post. Odd that is it not, I would go with KGB old style killing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Since WHEN do you or anyone else get to determine how another land is ruled?
    Who has bestowed that right, duty and responsibility upon you?

If a foreign power or kingdom or some kind of realm stated that they had more of a right to tell the leaders of your land what to do than you did, what would you say?

Would you say "fvck! Thank the stars for those outsiders telling me what to do. Where would I be without them? Me and my fellow countrymen and women are so thick that we can't do jackshlt, especially when it comes to the leaders of us."

Just ask Ukrainians how they feel about Russian's wanting to control there country.

Get the feeling you'd be dumped in a skip after been giving a kicking by some *hot Ukrainian chicks*

** actually by some very nice Ukrainian gentleman**

Would most likely be the answer you would get

Think it had the same user name that made this post.

And you would be thinking wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

You stated that he should be able to kill whoever he wants in his own country, that is a concerning view .... Now you're on about false flags, you're nuttier than a Snickers at this point ...

Wish there was a 'give 100 thanks' option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

CT forum -->

Ever been to Russia?

Beautiful country but it's a bit of a culture shock at first. It's a very different culture and no one on the street speaks English, so it's learn Russian or f*ck off. A little bit like a hard core gaeltacht, give it a try I think you'd love it.

It might give you a more informed outlook on current events too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭SeanW

CT forum -->
    What I'm saying is that I don't believe for a second that Putin had anything to do with Nemtsov's death. The moment I heard about the assassination I thought "false flag".

Oh the irony ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Nodin, can you explain this whole "bollocks" thing?
    I don't get it.

Robert Mugabe is a bollocks. Stalin was a Bollocks. Vladimir is a bollocks. See?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭mulbot

Nodin wrote: »
    Robert Mugabe is a bollocks. Stalin was a Bollocks. Vladimir is a bollocks. See?

would you consider any "western leaders" a bolox? just curious

• Advertisement

mulbot wrote: »
    would you consider any "western leaders" a bolox? just curious

Tony Abbott is a front runner, could be his last week though...

Advertisement