Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No one slags off Vladimir... Opposition Leader Shot Dead.

Options
  • 27-02-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭

Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov has been shot dead in central Moscow.

Russian media is reporting an unidentified attacker shot Mr Nemtsov four times, while he was walking with a woman near the Kremlin.

The 55-year-old was an outspoken critic of Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Posing for homoerotic photos just ain't enough for our aspiring Vlad.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

They have the head lost there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

CJ Haughey wrote: »
    They have the head lost there.

No they lost what little democracy they had for Hitler 2.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Nemtsov was against the way in Ukraine. That's it now Putin is a dictator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Has the new RT intern photoshopped Obama into the pictures yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Putin will oversee the investigation...no I'm not joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well they used poisoning before, Gun more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Putin throwing back Russia decades - he is slowly by surely getting more unpredictable... bullying to re-establish old USSR borders I fear is his ultimate aim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

who's to say who done it ??

politicians by nature have lots of enemies and business interests.

same as when Nisman was killed in Argentina. Everyone flipped out and said it was CFK.

Pretty handy tactic for a third party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Putin the boot in good and proper. Oppose me at your peril.

I wonder does he have a pond out back, with ducks that visit occasionally, and a garbage haulage business on the side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

who's to say who done it ??

politicians by nature have lots of enemies and business interests.

same as when Nisman was killed in Argentina. Everyone flipped out and said it was CFK.

Pretty handy tactic for a third party.
    Yeh, I'm not part of the baffling Putin love-in, but we don't actually know that he's responsible - even if it looks that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

In mother Russia, government oppose you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bad shít this.

Seriously. Easy to laugh and joke, but this is very sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Russia has essentially been a mafia state since the USSR collapsed, not surprised really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Lapin wrote: »
    Bad shít this.

Seriously. Easy to laugh and joke, but this is very sinister.

Yep, if you get rid of the opposition there is no one to oppose you is a handy way of being a Dictator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Baby Jane wrote: »
    Yeh, I'm not part of the baffling Putin love-in, but we don't actually know that he's responsible - even if it looks that way.

Yeah there's no point Russian straight in and blaming the bright tsar without putin any thought into it whatsoever.

People Moscow and gather their evidence first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Do yous sheep really think Putin is that stupid to murder him? I'm no fan of Putin but there is no way on earth he would do this in such a chaotic time for his country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Can I ask, has anyone here ever been to Russia? Ever have any hassle or encounter any corruption?

Particularly at the airport, usually involving your passport and $100 dollars.

B#stards. Was caught 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Do yous sheep really think Putin is that stupid to murder him? I'm no fan of Putin but there is no way on earth he would do this in such a chaotic time for his country.

Why not?

Putin is the most powerful man in the world.

Who do you see f#cking with the Russians?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It was the gay Butler in the library with the hardback copy of 50 shades of grey

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well the pro-western Ukrainian leader was poisoned but survived, face became disfigured.
    See pictures here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1123026/Ukrainian-president-Victor-Yushchenkos-ugly-poison-scars-disappear.html

Then Litvinenko who opposed Putin was poisoned with Polonium and died.

Journalist Anna Politkovskaya was shot and murdered in Moscow, herself and Nemtsov were friends. Nemtsov was to lead a major rally tomorrow in Moscow against Putin.
    Nemtsov had written a number of reports linking Putin and his inner circle of associates to corruption.

Does anyone remember the last Presidential election in the US, where Obama laughed at Romney for saying Russia was the number one geopolitical issue in the world?

From 2012: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/obama-romney-russia_n_2003927.html
    “Gov. Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al Qaeda is a threat,” Obama said, “because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia.”
    “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War's been over for 20 years,” Obama said.

Obama went onto say:
    “Governor, when it comes to our foreign policy, you seem to want to import the foreign policies of the 1980s,

I guess Putin was laughing then seeing how blind and asleep on the job Obama had been towards Russia. Then went full steam ahead, Putin rightly stopped the US bombing Assad in my opinion, Assad's Syria is an ally of Russia, started a war with Ukraine over a non pro-Russian President leading the country, as I said earlier, tried poisoning the previous pro-western one.

Well we are back in the 1980s, there is a stand off against between the west and Russia. Weak leadership in America hasn't helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Russian opposition leader falls down an elevator shaft....on to some bullets

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Married with four kids. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

irishfeen wrote: »
    Putin throwing back Russia decades - he is slowly by surely getting more unpredictable... bullying to re-establish old USSR borders I fear is his ultimate aim.

Except some of those countries are now members of EU/NATO.

Interesting BBC Article from an ex MI6 Boss stating that Russia is now a real threat to the west and the west needs to prepare for this now..a return to the cold war is real.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31669195

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Except some of those countries are now members of EU/NATO.

Interesting BBC Article from an ex MI6 Boss stating that Russia is now a real threat to the west and the west needs to prepare for this now..a return to the cold war is real.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31669195

I think the west is more of a threat to Russia than the other way around. I can't recall the Russians starting or being the aggressor in any wars like the U.S or Britain for that matter, in the last half century.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

myshirt wrote: »
    Can I ask, has anyone here ever been to Russia? Ever have any hassle or encounter any corruption?

Particularly at the airport, usually involving your passport and $100 dollars.

B#stards. Was caught 4 times.
    Is this a joke or did you actually pay $400 in bribes?

I don't know whether Putin would be so blatant in having Nemstov killed but having such a prominent role in investigating the murder seems like a great way to make it so that it won't be impartial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I like Putin you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I think the west is more of a threat to Russia than the other way around. I can't recall the Russians starting or being the aggressor in any wars like the U.S or Britain for that matter, in the last half century.

The 'west' is more than just America and the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

What about the Afghanistan war, or Chechnya or Georgia or http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Spring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Thats why is being flying TU-95's off the UK Coast to remind the west of it's 8000 nuclear warheads sitting in submarines, silos, etc.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    The 'west' is more than just America and the UK.

Indeed. But if anything were to kick off between these 2 western nations and Russia all of us will be effected unfortunately.

I just hate the hypocrisy of it all. The media painting the Russians as the bad guys all the time, the news reports pointing the finger towards Putin as the murderer when they haven't a shred of evidence. Georgia were the aggressors in the South Ossetia war and the media painted it out that it was the Russians, the same with Ukraine and Crimea. The Yanks and Brits should look in the mirror before pointing the fingers at others.

Advertisement