Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And at the start of the clip that same Bozo changes lanes for no reason at all if you see where he then leaves the roundabout.
    Not a single ****ing clue on how to drive but still sitting in 1000+ kilos of metal doing whatever the **** he or she wants.
    And judging by all the "sudden" steering that is going on several times, probably busy on a phone in one way or the other as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fakedel

The first in Dun Laoghaire - a somewhat distracted pedestrian... the second is someone in a hurry in Lucan, with a little wheelspin across the traffic island.

https://youtu.be/SsuLCZ0OE-o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

fakedel wrote: »
    The first in Dun Laoghaire - a somewhat distracted pedestrian... the second is someone in a hurry in Lucan, with a little wheelspin across the traffic island.

https://youtu.be/SsuLCZ0OE-o

Embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Leaving Waterford and had this regular occurrence by a Passat and Almera.
    Excuse potato camera quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Silly Bind pulling out and almost caused an accident. Then mounts a footpath to try and get parking. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

gafarrell wrote: »
    Silly Bind pulling out and almost caused an accident. Then mounts a footpath to try and get parking. :confused::confused:

Was the buzzing a spot of censorship or do you have the world's crappiest car horn? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Was the buzzing a spot of censorship or do you have the world's crappiest car horn? ;)

Oh trust me.....you don't want to hear what i said to the poor lady. I didn't realize i swore so much :).
    My horn is perfectly fine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭argolis

Some recent clips...
    1. Undertaking on the roundabout. Even when there's nobody near, I still see people take the fourth exit from the left hand lane :confused:
    2. Dangerously slow overtake
    3. Someone asleep or from the continent driving on the wrong side
    4. No idea what caused this incident, seems a bit bizarre tbh
    5. Quality selfie while cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

gafarrell wrote: »
    Oh trust me.....you don't want to hear what i said to the poor lady. I didn't realize i swore so much :).
    My horn is perfectly fine :P

No need to boast, he was asking about the car horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Merc driver wanted a bit of my front bumper.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

argolis wrote: »
    Some recent clips...
    1. Undertaking on the roundabout. Even when there's nobody near, I still see people take the fourth exit from the left hand lane :confused:
    2. Dangerously slow overtake
    3. Someone asleep or from the continent driving on the wrong side
    4. No idea what caused this incident, seems a bit bizarre tbh
    5. Quality selfie while cycling

What was happening at 35 secs?

Roanmore wrote: »
    What was happening at 35 secs?
    Car stopped (broken down perhaps) on the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

When the observer becomes the root of all evil...

No silly dubbed over track this time, just have a listen :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

What was she saying? Trying to blame the oncoming car I guess?

jaxxx wrote: »

She was saying I was in the middle of the road and I caused her to almost take the side out of the oncoming car, breaking her mirror in the process...

Even though I was kind enough to pick it up before someone else drove over it.

Even though the car had to practically kerb their wheels to avoid a head on collision.

Even though I casually pointed out how much in the wrong they were.

I don't think me pointing out their idiocy went well and she then said I had an attitude problem. Well I do, but I didn't show it there... ;)

So somehow, the car far behind minding their own business and actually not taking up the whole road is the cause of her to almost sideswipe an oncoming car

Just remember: we all share the roads with people like this! Just let that sink in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

She was saying I was in the middle of the road and I caused her to almost take the side out of the oncoming car, breaking her mirror in the process...

Even though the car had to practically kerb their wheels to avoid a head on collision.

I don't think me pointing out their idiocy went well and she then said I had an attitude problem. Well I do, but I didn't show it there... ;)

So somehow, the car far behind minding their own business and actually not taking up the whole road is the cause of her to almost sideswipe an oncoming car

Just remember: we all share the roads with people like this! Just let that sink in!

Oh jesus... One of those "I'm never at fault cos I'm so damn perfect" people... gotta love them! :D I salute you for keeping your cool, I'd likely have started f-ing and blinding.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Wait she actually tried to blame the car behind her for her hitting the oncoming car and knocking her mirror off? Am I reading that correctly? That's mental gymnastics of a whole other level.
    I'm assuming that the other car didn't stop so she needed the next best person to blame?

I'd bet she's the type of driver that feels she needs to take a big swing to her right before taking a left turn like she's driving a truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Maybe she was paying so little attention that she thought you were the oncoming car, that you had (in a matter of seconds) stopped, turned around, stopped, picked up her mirror cover and then caught up to here just as she stopped....

Seems more likely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lol, when 2 Yari collide :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

jaxxx wrote: »

Good man, picking up her mirror. You realize that she has to learn from her mistakes?

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Maybe she was paying so little attention that she thought you were the oncoming car, that you had (in a matter of seconds) stopped, turned around, stopped, picked up her mirror cover and then caught up to here just as she stopped....

Seems more likely
    You would have needed a Delorian to have turned around that quickly, or a handbrake turn.

She clearly has no perception of the vehicles around here if she thought that the car following was coming the other way first.

Seems more likely

This is my thinking too but the driver is so unaware of their surroundings and considering the lack of room to turn, let alone how quickly you'd need to turn my reading was she needed to look like she was in the right and just wanted someone to blame.

Plenty of them out there but the first one I've gotten on dashcam!
    You would have needed a Delorian to have turned around that quickly, or a handbrake turn.

She clearly has no perception of the vehicles around here if she thought that the car following was coming the other way first.

The type that's never wrong, no matter how many times they say 2+2=3 is correct. I'm probably the talk of the parish as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

Seems more likely

To be fair, she didn't have a mirror to check. This is the only real possibility I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

To be fair, she didn't have a mirror to check. This is the only real possibility I can think of.

Surely she still had a rear view mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭blade1

fullstop wrote: »
    Surely she still had a rear view mirror?

You mean the make up mirror.
    Why would she use that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I believe your one is oblivious of her surroundings and is as thick as 2 planks.

Crazy what is allowed to drive around.

I believe your one is oblivious of her surroundings and is as thick as 2 planks.

Crazy what is allowed to drive around.

Considering the amount of people on the roads that are similar to her, maybe some sort of intelligence test would be required before anyone can take their driving tests? I got my forklift license recently and I'll need to retest every 3 years. Once you've gotten you're driving license, that's it. Mandatory retests for everyone as well? Every 10 years maybe? Retest wouldn't be anywhere near as strict as the actual one, just to make sure that you're competent on the roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wish I had my dashcam working proper tonight while on the m50.
    Saw a driver with no lights on, driving in the middle overtaking lane (not overtaking of course) and on the phone!
    With people like this, they help keep forums like here busy! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement