Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students and Staff can get free Office 365, 1TB (at eligible schools)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's bizarre as I'm getting the

message! I am doing a part time course though...
    I'm part time too but it worked for me, that was a couple of weeks ago though.

Woah quick reply....I'm now getting a different message:
    You already have an account

To get your free Office, sign in with your Office 365 user ID and password.

Did you ever get that please?

Hey I got a little bit further but am still blocked. I'm getting a "Logon to DIT Services" and a "Microsoft Azure AD" prompt for user and password. Phew this is hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Hey folks , I got it working for dit, but its not as clear as you think. Normal customers sign up and login with their id and password inside the downloaded word, powerpoint ect.
    This is not the case for us.

What we do is , we essentially download a pre authenticated version which is linked to our accounts

Firstly, Sign up. - https://products.office.com/en-us/student?tab=students
    2) Click "Find out if you're eligible"
    3) enter in your DIT email address.
    4) now, In dit, you have 4 useable email address(+2 test accounts but forget about that)

firstname.surename@mydit.ie
    C123456@mydit.ie

but you also have

firstname.surename@student.dit.ie
    C123456@student.dit.ie

Using these alias are great if you want to sign up multiply times to the same site to get the student deals twice. However In this case. This office 365 deal will redirect you to dit authentication server.
    You login and enter your Student Number and password to dit and they send your info over to ms.

5)logout
    6)login - only enter your email C123456@mydit.ie version
    no password

look for

Install Office on more devices On a PC or Mac: Install

Click Install

7)
    You should see devices already authorized devices - you can have 5
    (none at start)

Click Install

Download and run the exe file.
    When it is all done , you shouldn't be asked for you username and password and it should show up your pc name on the list of authorized pcs

If in the case you have already installed office 365 and your getting the prompt, just do these steps and all should work fine.

Hope this helped

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

bpb101 wrote: »
    Hey folks , I got it working for dit, but its not as clear as you think. Normal customers sign up and login with their id and password inside the downloaded word, powerpoint ect.
    This is not the case for us.

What we do is , we essentially download a pre authenticated version which is linked to our accounts

Firstly, Sign up. - https://products.office.com/en-us/student?tab=students
    2) Click "Find out if you're eligible"
    3) enter in your DIT email address.
    4) now, In dit, you have 4 useable email address(+2 test accounts but forget about that)

firstname.surename@mydit.ie
    C123456@mydit.ie

but you also have

firstname.surename@student.dit.ie
    C123456@student.dit.ie

Using these alias are great if you want to sign up multiply times to the same site to get the student deals twice. However In this case. This office 365 deal will redirect you to dit authentication server.
    You login and enter your Student Number and password to dit and they send your info over to ms.

5)logout
    6)login - only enter your email C123456@mydit.ie version
    no password

look for

Install Office on more devices On a PC or Mac: Install

Click Install

7)
    You should see devices already authorized devices - you can have 5
    (none at start)

Click Install

Download and run the exe file.
    When it is all done , you shouldn't be asked for you username and password and it should show up your pc name on the list of authorized pcs

If in the case you have already installed office 365 and your getting the prompt, just do these steps and all should work fine.

Hope this helped

Well done, If only your technique worked for CIT! We only have R00012345@mycit.ie and firsname.surname@mycit.ie no combination of @student.cit.ie worked. @cit.ie worked but it redirects to a staff logon page so no bueno.

• Advertisement

mrmeindl wrote: »
    Well done, If only your technique worked for CIT! We only have R00012345@mycit.ie and firsname.surname@mycit.ie no combination of @student.cit.ie worked. @cit.ie worked but it redirects to a staff logon page so no bueno.
    The Studentnumber@mydit.ie is the important one for us

giving the list is only letting people know they exist. For example.Ive signed up to some sites that offer student deals twice by using the same account but different emails that are verified by the name of the email only , not the account. bit of a work around for other sites. This does not work for office , is my point

When you try to sign ,up , what is your error

The Studentnumber@mydit.ie is the important one for us

giving the list is only letting people know they exist. For example.Ive signed up to some sites that offer student deals twice by using the same account but different emails that are verified by the name of the email only , not the account. bit of a work around for other sites. This does not work for office , is my point

When you try to sign ,up , what is your error

With my email on check if eligible page i get
    Sorry...

We can't sign you up right now because we can't verify your school is on our list of eligible institutions. Check back in a few days to see if your school is eligible.
    And just in case: look for typos in the email address you entered. That could be the problem.
    Using @student.cit.ie returns that too.

When I use my student number/name with @cit.ie pretending to be staff I get
    Do you have another ID?

We can't find example at cit.ie. Do you use a different ID at work or school?
    Try signing in with that, and if it doesn't work, contact your IT department.
    Sign in with that ID

Thats where I hit the staff logon page, using my normal logon dosen't work. beside the username field there's a suggestion to use Domain\username and i've tried cit\R00012345, cit\firstname,surname and student-CIT\those combos but it won't work. It must be a staff only offer.

With my email on check if eligible page i get

Using @student.cit.ie returns that too.

When I use my student number/name with @cit.ie pretending to be staff I get

Thats where I hit the staff logon page, using my normal logon dosen't work. beside the username field there's a suggestion to use Domain\username and i've tried cit\R00012345, cit\firstname,surname and student-CIT\those combos but it won't work. It must be a staff only offer.
    Yes, basically the staff member who set it up(somebody in IT or something) only allows staff to use it.

staff numbers (if like dit) is just a number , no letters in front of it

But dit isent even bothered assigning student numbers, They just use your CAO number and slap a C or a D in front of it.

If they dont enable it , it wont work

Edit, Just noticed that the reason its probable blocked is it costing dit 2.50 a month for students and 4.50 for staff.... ah well , i pay 3000 a year

Yes, basically the staff member who set it up(somebody in IT or something) only allows staff to use it.

staff numbers (if like dit) is just a number , no letters in front of it

But dit isent even bothered assigning student numbers, They just use your CAO number and slap a C or a D in front of it.

If they dont enable it , it wont work

Edit, Just noticed that the reason its probable blocked is it costing dit 2.50 a month for students and 4.50 for staff.... ah well , i pay 3000 a year

2.50 I'd be willing to pay the college for if they set it up, I'm going to pay €75 for 4 years of 365 for 2 PCs because I'm not dealing with the hassle of using a pirated version.

2.50 I'd be willing to pay the college for if they set it up, I'm going to pay €75 for 4 years of 365 for 2 PCs because I'm not dealing with the hassle of using a pirated version.
    $2.50 a month , $30 a year. (not euros btw)
    i was given a copy of the old 2010 office for my laptop for free anyways , off dit , and i liked libre office , so i was never going to pay for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,759 ✭✭✭893bet

UL accounts work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

anyone contacted ucc bout this?

Rockin wrote: »
    anyone contacted ucc bout this?

Don't think so

Contacted the CIT IT guys, they said it wasn't a CIT product/service so they couldn't provide any assistance - so clear as mud. I just asked them if the offer was available to CIT students! I might be able to get a free copy from a sibling in UCD so I mightn't have to splash the cast at least.

Contacted the CIT IT guys, they said it wasn't a CIT product/service so they couldn't provide any assistance - so clear as mud. I just asked them if the offer was available to CIT students! I might be able to get a free copy from a sibling in UCD so I mightn't have to splash the cast at least.
    They can put it on 5 pcs. Same account.

They can put it on 5 pcs. Same account.

Cheers, think she has it on 2 laptops at the moment so there should be room for my laptop & PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

It already works with CIT accounts though, well staff ones anyway don't know about student ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Can someone tell me which email version to use for ucd? Studentnumber@ucd.ie or studentname@ucd.ie. most likely getting new laptop in the next couple days.

I only have a 2007 version on disc and the new laptop is sans disc drive

No one from TCD has got this working have they? I tried signing up with my .tcd email but it says I already have an account, but won't accept my college password, and asks me to contact an administrator to reset the password?

I imagine they probably haven't set it up but if anyone has managed to get it I'd love to know how :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Working now for UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TeRmInAlCrAzY

No go for WIT :(

Working now for UCC.
    Tried staff and student mail. No luck. What login are you using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Working now for UCC.

Just tried and it isn't.
    Can you please give more details.
    Thanks ,

Eoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Rockin wrote: »
    Tried staff and student mail. No luck. What login are you using ?

Ucc.ie mail address
    Limited/phased rollout posibbly?

Ucc.ie mail address
    Limited/phased rollout posibbly?
    Maybe. But neither my user@ucc.ie or Umail.ucc.ie work

Maybe your department has paid separately. If you're not on the CENTRAL domain it's likely

May be worth a mod pinning and editing as time goes on

Universitys :

TCD - Not working
    Ucd- Working
    Ucc-Working Now for some
    Galway- Working
    Maynooth-Not working
    Limerick-Working
    dcu- Not working

National Institutes

DIT - Working

IT's

ITT -No reports
    ITB- Working
    LIT -Working
    Sligo-No reports
    GMIT-No reports
    Cork it-No reports
    Carlow- Staff
    Waterford- Working
    AIT-No reports
    Dundalk-No reports
    Tralee -No reports
    Letterkenny -No reports
    Tipp-No reports

Others:

NCI -
    No reports
    Iadt -
    No reports
    Marys -
    No reports
    Pats -
    No reports
    Griffith -
    No reports

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No go for WIT :(

I got it using my WIT details.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I got it using my WIT details.

Just letting people know I got it working with my WIT email also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

May be worth a mod pinning and editing as time goes on

Universitys :

TCD - Not working
    Ucd- Working
    Ucc-Working Now for some
    Galway- Working
    Maynooth-Not working
    Limerick-Working
    dcu- Not working

National Institutes

DIT - Working

IT's

ITT -No reports
    ITB- Working
    LIT -Working
    Sligo-No reports
    GMIT-No reports
    Cork it-No reports
    Carlow- Staff
    Waterford- Working
    AIT-No reports
    Dundalk-No reports
    Tralee -No reports
    Letterkenny -No reports
    Tipp-No reports

Others:

NCI -
    No reports
    Iadt -
    No reports
    Marys -
    No reports
    Pats -
    No reports
    Griffith -
    No reports

Sligo IT definitely works for students. They sent out an email a while back telling them about it. It's using office 365 for business. You get office for 5 computers and 5 mobile devices. There is nothing in the account information about OneDrive storage however so I don't know if they get that.

Advertisement