Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students and Staff can get free Office 365, 1TB (at eligible schools)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Works for ITB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Working with LIT student mail addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

will this work with secondary schools email addresses I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

TheDriver wrote: »
    will this work with secondary schools email addresses I wonder?

Do many secondary schools provide students with emails?
    None that I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

kaizersoze wrote: »
    None that I know.
    How about staff? The offer is open to staff also, but I would doubt many secondary schools would have the budget for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Not working for DIT here :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I have office for free from UCD anyway but not the storage I don't think

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

anyone know if it is possible for lets say a NUIG student and their friend to both get licences from the student's account?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

kaizersoze wrote: »
    None that I know.

We do, easy out when you have google for education and your own domain name.

Rockin wrote: »
    anyone know if it is possible for lets say a NUIG student and their friend to both get licences from the student's account?

With this offer, you should get to install Office on 5 PCs or Macs. If one of your PCs that you install the software on is one that your friend uses a lot, then cest la vie, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I installed it from my college last year. Have it running on PC, 2 Windows tablets and a mini pc (similar to the tablets but without display). License says that it's only installed on the PC, so still have 4.

The linx tablet came with licence for office, but it's unactivated. Going to wait and see what happens when I finish college this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

At the moment, once you finish college, and you lose your college email address, you will lose this offer.

Did anyone try to register for the unlimited storage after registering for the Office 365 offer? (https://preview.onedrive.com/)

Did it add you to the waiting list, or give an error?
    It can take a couple of weeks for the storage to actually be added - just curious whether it's possible to register for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Just tried it, the portal it brings you to requires login with a microsoft account and will not accept a student e-mail that I used to sign up to the 365 promotion.
    Did anyone try to register for the unlimited storage after registering for the Office 365 offer? (https://preview.onedrive.com/)

Did it add you to the waiting list, or give an error?
    It can take a couple of weeks for the storage to actually be added - just curious whether it's possible to register for it.

Its not working with UCC (at the moment anyway :mad:).
    bidiots wrote: »
    At the moment, once you finish college, and you lose your college email address, you will lose this offer.

When I was in NUIG you lost your email but with UCC you keep your university email for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

UCC gmail/outlook or in house?
    Some may allow email for life, some may not. This deal is for students/staff, not sure whether it will work for students for life, doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Corholio wrote: »
    This offer won't work with Gmail so?

UCD are gmail and it seems to work with them so doesn't appear to be a gmail issue.

bidiots wrote: »
    UCC gmail/outlook or in house?
    Some may allow email for life, some may not. This deal is for students/staff, not sure whether it will work for students for life, doubt it.

UCC student email is gmail, UCC staff is in house. I have both and neither work.

UCC student email is gmail, UCC staff is in house. I have both and neither work.

Anyone know if it's working for UCC students now?

Rockin wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's working for UCC students now?

Not working with my student email address anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Working with DIT now, however seems to redirect to a local DIT host after signup - so you cant then try to get the infinite storage as it doesn't recognise the account. However 1TB is pretty decent storage, albeit temporary.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Referral tag in the OP by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Does come with MS Access ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Does come with MS Access ?

Office Pro Plus includes MS Access so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Tried a TCD and UCD mail there and neither worked. Though I'm not a current student to be fair.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not working with my TCD email either. It's an active email address and I just sat my exams this may so a current student.

Said my IT Dept has turned it off or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I was having issues with this before but my WIT email address is working now.

kceire wrote: »
    Not working with my TCD email either. It's an active email address and I just sat my exams this may so a current student.

Said my IT Dept has turned it off or something.

They should sort that if you email ITD

I've checked and no sign of UCC for a while anyways :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

working for dit.

• Advertisement

bpb101 wrote: »
    working for dit.

That's bizarre as I'm getting the
    Your IT department has turned off signup for Office 365 Education. Contact them to complete signup.

message! I am doing a part time course though...

::edit:: Now it's saying I already have an account and to sign in with my Office 365 user ID and password....

Advertisement