Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Man In The High Castle [Amazon] [**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

The new season arrives this Friday.
    Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Episode 1!

The
    end!
    . Oh
    f*ck, but that felt like some tension relief.

So yeah, the season starts strong!

Episode 2. The production quality of this show feels really high.

The story is coming along (and it's only episode 2!) and it's building on previous seasons without losing touch.

My guess as to where it's going
    is that Trudy or fellow travellors are going to get caught and experiemented on. They'll be the gateways. It's probably gonna be as horrific as the torture scenes.

As for the world,
    the Japanese look screwed for resources on that map we saw. The Germans have all the oil countries. The Japanese have part of Siberia but I don't know enough about where Gas comes from there or if the technology is there for them to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Nearly finished the season. By far the strongest season yet.

1 was okay but flawed, 2 was ropey with a strong ending. This is the first season that actually feels top shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Ive watched the first 2 , the special effects with the Japanese battleships looked movie quality. Like the resource angle with the japs , great looking show. Some of the side characters are intriguing like the antique salesman and his sidekick.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    Ive watched the first 2 , the special effects with the Japanese battleships looked movie quality. Like the resource angle with the japs , great looking show. Some of the side characters are intriguing like the antique salesman and his sidekick.

It says a lot about the quality of the season that
    I was glad they had killed off Frank in the first episode (I thought his character was going nowhere) only to be happy when it turns out he was still alive.

John Smith as a character has moved to a whole new level. The scene
    where he's smelling his son's shirt and clearly paralysed by grief was deeply moving.
    All the more stunning when you remember he's an evil Nazi bastard, they've definitely nailed the Shylock balance of a sympathetic villain quite well.

Very excited to see how the season ends and its future.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,352 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A top class season of TV and a great ending setting up season 4.

Now hopefully there isn't a 22 month wait between now and the next season like there was between seasons 2 & 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Now hopefully there isn't a 22 month wait between now and the next season like there was between seasons 2 & 3.

I think they're filming season 4 as we speak thank God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only watched the first episode of the new season but it was very good, step up from last season and the production values are just superb.

Just finished the current 3rd season.

Wow, it was great, compelling viewing..

• Advertisement

Episode 5! :eek:
    She killed Joe!

Episode 6

The
    Ending
    feels a bit wierd with the
    contrasting Bar Mitzvah on one side and Nazi Promotion/Year Zero parada on the other

Episode 9
    Ah poor aul Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Did you not found anything outstanding in episode 7 & 8?

Finished!

Again, well made tv series. I think they may have stretched their budget as far as it could go.

Definitely on for a season 4.
    Towards the end there, I was thinking.. yeah we see a world where the Allies won the war but with more than one Nebenwelt world.. maybe we'll see other possibilities.. A USA world, A USSR world, A world which never had a war etc.

Then there's the secret about only allowing people to cross if the other side is dead... hrmmm I could see the Nazis turning that into an excuse to kill many
    Did you not found anything outstanding in episode 7 & 8?

Hrmm.. can't remember something I wanted to post about. The production quality and story was still high but they felt like they were just there to progress the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,719 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just finished it myself.

The second half of the season was definitely much stronger and the
    reveal about who can travel and who can't kinda makes the whole machine redundant.. First they'd have to identify the right people for each alternate Earth, and somehow repeat that process for each alternate Earth they target.. That's a lot of trial and error, and I can't see soldiers rather than helpless captives volunteering too long.

The whole Yahr Null storyline and the destruction of American landmarks and history was very believable for a Reich trying to consolidate its control of the US, and I think that more than just the films will spark an uprising.

Smith was definitely the highlight of the show for me. There were several times that I thought he was about to turn, but then the programming kicks in again. Having Himmler (another highlight) standing over his shoulder for half the season didn't help, but maybe that'll resolve itself by the start of the new season.

It was great to see Tagomi survive the assassination attempt - in style! - and find some happiness along the way.

As said above, poor Frank (and Joe for that matter). Good to know that the writers aren't afraid to kill off main characters but with the above reveal I'm sure they'll be back yet... As will Jullianna of course. Presumably she hasn't ended up in the same reality that Tagomi visited seeing as she wasn't dead there, so I'm guessing we'll get to see a Earth 3?

Very strong season overall. Has it been renewed yea?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Has it been renewed yea?

It has!
    Slydice wrote: »
    Hold on, what? Season 3 hasn't even come out yet!

The Man in the High Castle - Renewed for 4th Season by Amazon
    https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/06/the-man-in-high-castle-renewed-for-4th.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season 4 will be the final season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Well that's not good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I disagree, better for stories to finish on their own terms, the tale taken to a natural conclusion than endlessly burning past the point of no return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

pixelburp wrote: »
    I disagree, better for stories to finish on their own terms, the tale taken to a natural conclusion than endlessly burning past the point of no return.

It's one of about 4 shows I watch so I'd definitely rather see it continue.

pixelburp wrote: »

It's one of about 4 shows I watch so I'd definitely rather see it continue.

If it continues, it'll eventually get ****e.

See House of Cards, Lost, House and many others. West Wing was teetering but managed to land it.

The Sopranos will always be magnificent.

Season 4 trailer.

Final season drops November 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Official recap ahead of the final season launch next month

Drops in the morning.

It's actually out now for you late night binge watchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,719 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Already 4 episodes in since earlier this evening. Flying along so far I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 1 and I wonder was there some contractual or scheduling issue, I didn't expect
    Tagomi to be killed off screen and unseen, bar a few shots of the back of a lookalikes head
    . Despite that disappointing moment, it got off to an intriguing start, the show has come a long way from its lugubrious opening season.

Advertisement