Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Man In The High Castle [Amazon] [**SPOILERS**]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

This post has been deleted.

Yes, all 10 Episodes became available on 16 December .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I signed up for amazon only to find that season 2 is geo restricted

Why in gods name is this so

Made by amazon and season one is not restricted

That's it amazon you've turned me into a pirate because of your stupidity

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

S2 is working for Irish customers now, in case you haven't heard.

I enjoyed 2.01. My first time seeing the show in HD too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Got through the first 7 episodes over the last few days since it was released really impressed with the season as a whole so far much better than the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

S2 is working for Irish customers now, in case you haven't heard.

I enjoyed 2.01. My first time seeing the show in HD too.

Not on my phone, though. Or the website now that I checked. Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Just finished first three episodes of Season 2 - excellent stuff - one more before bed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Occono wrote: »
    Not on my phone, though. Or the website now that I checked. Where?

PC desktop browser and iOS app. High Castle s2 was geo blocked a few days ago, working now. Maybe logout and in again. I have no VPN. Android app working too.

Okay, that was a rollercoaster of season.

I want Season 3 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

PC desktop browser and iOS app. High Castle s2 was geo blocked a few days ago, working now. Maybe logout and in again. I have no VPN. Android app working too.

Nope - can't see it either!!

• Advertisement

What fantastic ending to a fantastic season.

What fantastic ending to a fantastic season.

Agreed, I hope there is Season 3.

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    Nope - can't see it either!!

I'd give customer support a shot, in case they can help even if it's just a trial you're on.

ETA - might be best to ignore my techie posts. Seemingly I'm on a UK trial despite not having a UK address and not having a VPN.

I'd give customer support a shot, in case they can help even if it's just a trial you're on.

ETA - might be best to ignore my techie posts. Seemingly I'm on a UK trial despite not having a UK address and not having a VPN.

Yeah there's some confusion here with using the UK site or the global site. I suspect Amazon aren't the most concerned about Irish customers.

Who deleted my rant ? I emailed amazon to complain they said it was licencing issues

I replied "YOU made the show how do YOU (amazon) not have the right to show it where you like !"

Excellent season ubergrupenfuher is by far the best character so sinister !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Who deleted my rant ? I emailed amazon to complain they said it was licencing issues

I replied "YOU made the show how do YOU (amazon) not have the right to show it where you like !"

It's nuts. Makes no sense. I thought the whole point of own content is precisely to avoid licensing issues.

fergus1001 wrote: »

TV shows are made by third party production companies. Netflix has the same issue with its oldest shows. Sky has the license to House of Cards in Germany because they bought it from Sony before Netflix expanded there.

That said I don't think anyone bought any Amazon shows in Ireland, so they should be able to get the licenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,676 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

just watched the first episode, it could have done with a series recap at the start, I'd forgotten some elements of it. Looks good for over xmas

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,514 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

silverharp wrote: »
    just watched the first episode, it could have done with a series recap at the start, I'd forgotten some elements of it. Looks good for over xmas

I had the same issue. I couldnt remember how Joe got on the boat.

Amazon don't licence there shows to any television station around the world or put them out on DVD so that really can't be the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Finished Season 2. I didn't think it had as much of a holding factor as the first season.

Story is keeping me interested to see where it goes.
    The second last episode was done well for feels about Frank, Juliana and Eds friendship and then Franks death in the explosion.

The arc about
    Smiths son and it finishing in him taking his own life. Wow that had me conflicted... cos like.. feels vs nazi
    :(

The arc about the
    nuclear war and Smith averting it was done well though he's losing the characterisation given to him in season 1 now. They'll have to bring in a more formidable baddie or take the show in a different direction

I did find the bonus of the battlestar galactica actors being around. :)

I gave up on season 2 after five episodes.

I found it very good but let us know why you didn't like it ?

Have you watched the first season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I enjoyed it. Hope there is a season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Just finished season 1. Season 2 still not available for me with a normal Irish subscription. Email them feedback and got back a form letter with a block about how geo restrictions where necessary but didn't address my question about why an Amazon Original is restricted.

If they can't even get their own content I don't hold out much hope for them challenging Netflix let alone surpassing it.

T'would seem to me the second season is about fatherhood and abandonment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Marathon session last night to finish Season .2. before my free trial subscription ended Great stuff and hopefully there will be a Season .3. 10/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭SteM

HivemindXX wrote: »
    Just finished season 1. Season 2 still not available for me with a normal Irish subscription. Email them feedback and got back a form letter with a block about how geo restrictions where necessary but didn't address my question about why an Amazon Original is restricted.

If they can't even get their own content I don't hold out much hope for them challenging Netflix let alone surpassing it.

Crazy that an Amazon Original isn't available in every market at the same time. Just drives people to kodi boxes imo.

So having done a binge re-watch I think that it's still entertaining but clearly shows signs that there was no central show runner. 

Some of the plots dragged too long (as much as I like Trade Minister's personal story line) and others just felt too rushed. The overall arch as explained in the last 10 minutes (
    aka the reveal about that Juliana is always the central constant character in all realities
    ) felt a little rushed and underplayed.

The last 10 minutes continue to remain excellent and it really shows that some of the characters we got to know are not what they seam to be.

I think the last 10 minutes are the best of this season to be honest. What happens in them is strong and set's up excellently a possible season 3 with the main characters now being at completely different points as to where they were during Season 2.

And if there is no Season 3 than at least some of the lines have been closed nicely.

For me one of the best performances was that of Luke Kleintank in the abandon clinic, that scene is haunting.

However the MVP for me is Joel de la Fuente (Chief Inspector Kido) and possible Rufus Sewell (who's journey as Smith is remarkable).

Overall this was a good investment of my time, it get's better with a re-watch and while there is some points I don't like, overall it's a good story with excellent pictures and quality of props.

For a season 3 I hope they get a central show runner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Signed up for prime to watch this show and cant access to season 2. Anyone with an Irish Amazon Prime account​ manage to get access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Signed up for prime to watch this show and cant access to season 2. Anyone with an Irish Amazon Prime account​ manage to get access?

Just today I found that even though this is not available to me at the primevideo.com url I can see it at amazon.co.uk. You need to go to Your Account and then Your Prime Video.

I've only watched a few minutes of the first episode but if it starts it should finish. It would have been better if Amazon support had realised I should have this available and told me to try that instead of sending me a form email about geo locking. It should also work on the Prime Video site since this is the one they direct you too but apparently it doesn't. The downside of going through Amazon.co.uk is that you see everything listed but you have no idea what you can actually watch until after you click on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Season two was much improved over Season one, IMHO.
    This wiki is pretty good if, like me, you don't remember all the plot points from Season one -
    http://the-man-in-the-high-castle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_Wikia

Last episode of season 2 left to watch tonight, really enjoyed season 2, last few episodes were very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I never thought I'd be cheering for Himmler , felt like needing a shower after :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Excellent News, I'm really looking forward to that one.

Eric Overmyer named as the new showrunner he has a good pedigree from Homicide: Life on the Street, SVU, The Wire and Amazon's Bosch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,930 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just finished it tonight... really picked up the pace in the last few episodes and overall much improved over season 1 (which I thoroughly enjoyed as well)

But what was the story with
    the 1945 flashback at the start of the finalé? Smith as a US Army officer? Another alternate timeline? Seems a stretch that he'd go from that to head of the US Reich in less than 20 years?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Just finished it tonight... really picked up the pace in the last few episodes and overall much improved over season 1 (which I thoroughly enjoyed as well)

the 1945 flashback at the start of the finalé? Smith as a US Army officer? Another alternate timeline? Seems a stretch that he'd go from that to head of the US Reich in less than 20 years?

I think it was just a flashback in his life

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote:

_Kaiser_ wrote:

He was an officer in the US army during WW2. He was discussing his medal from the Pacific campaign with the Japanese inspector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,930 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He was an officer in the US army during WW2. He was discussing his medal from the Pacific campaign with the Japanese inspector

Oh yea... remember that now. Still seems like a bit of a "career leap" all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,514 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Oh yea... remember that now. Still seems like a bit of a "career leap" all the same!

He was an officer in military intelligence. A perfect fit for the job he did for the third reich. From captain to general in 20 years seems possible for somebody so dedicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Finally got a bit of time to finish season two and it was definitely better than season one. Rufus Sewell was good but I find Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa absolutely excellent as the Trade Minister. Looking forward to what they the direction they will take for Season Three.

William Forsythe joins the cast for season 3 portraying FBI director J. Edgar Hoover.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, interesting decision; IIRC the real Hoover was quite the tyrant so presumably he'll be in a cushy position for the Nazis. Hmmm, would that be the first non-German / Japanese historical figure to appear on the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'd say he'll be in the alternative reality

Jason O’Mara has joined the cast.

He didn't get AoS cancelled so maybe his run of cancelled shows are over now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jason O’Mara has joined the cast.

He didn't get AoS cancelled so maybe his run of cancelled shows are over now.

Supposedly he's playing
    Wyatt Price, an Irish black-market dealer. Having heard his Irish accent from a stint on The Good Wife (IIRC he also played Irish in the film In A World...), I am already bracing myself for the worst; his accent is pretty poor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

pixelburp wrote: »
    Supposedly he's playing
    Wyatt Price, an Irish black-market dealer. Having heard his Irish accent from a stint on The Good Wife (IIRC he also played Irish in the film In A World...), I am already bracing myself for the worst; his accent is pretty poor!

He's Irish like, how can he have poor Irish accent ?

Advertisement