Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Man In The High Castle [Amazon] [**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He's Irish like, how can he have poor Irish accent ?

I didn't realise that, I honestly presumed him American by the hokey accents. I have read of Hollywood casting agencies asking / demanding actors play Irish with intentionally 'Oirish' brogues because that's what US audiences think Irish people sound like, so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,346 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He's from Sandycove so not really an Irish accent :P

He was in The Cassidys with Ed Byrne maybe the worst show in RTE history.

Band Of Brothers was his break into the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He's from Sandycove so not really an Irish accent :P

He was in The Cassidys with Ed Byrne maybe the worst show in RTE history.

Band Of Brothers was his break into the States.

He is settled in US for many years and is married to original April O' Neill aka Paige Turco

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

From New York Comic Con:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can only vaguely recall the end of season 2 but wow, they're really allowing the narrative to embrace the
    parallel universes angle. Thought they'd at least maintain a certain coyness in it all. Could be interesting, but wouldn't want the show to totally dive off the deep end into a nazified version of Fringe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

That is a turn of story line I was not expecting that much in detail. They are fully embracing the story line that pixelburp pointed out.

I'm really looking forward to the new season.

Hold on, what? Season 3 hasn't even come out yet!

The Man in the High Castle - Renewed for 4th Season by Amazon
    https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/06/the-man-in-high-castle-renewed-for-4th.html

Comic Con trailer:

Right, so it's definitely gone full Fringe by that trailer. It could work, we'll see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 vader ed

October 5th. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Any sign of a DVD release of Seasons 1+2? I need to rewatch before moving on to the new season as it seems centuries ago since it was on.

Amazon haven’t released any of there shows in physical form.

They want you to sign up to Prime to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Any sign of a DVD release of Seasons 1+2? I need to rewatch before moving on to the new season as it seems centuries ago since it was on.

About as much chance that it'll come out on laserdisk.

Maybe it's just the approach of the trailer, but any vestiges of the source material's trippy, reality-bending tone seem to have been dropped in favour of a full-on rebellion thriller. Looks like a completely different show now, in fact it comes off like they're aiming for something akin to the (rebooted) Wolfenstein games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,225 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I thought they were going full on Fringe?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Looks like a mix of both; rebellion in the Pacific State, while the Nazis get their Walter Bishop on.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is settled in US for many years and is married to original April O' Neill aka Paige Turco

Divorced now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

time travelling nazis is certainly a interesting twist on the more traditional plot of time travelling back to meet nazis

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

silverharp wrote:
    time travelling nazis is certainly a interesting twist on the more traditional plot of time travelling back to meet nazis

how about Nazi's on the moon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

fergus1001 wrote: »
    how about Nazi's on the moon ?

I don't watch the history channel :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i'd prefer it to follow the book, (that I havn't read) otherwise whats the point

The new season arrives this Friday.

The new season arrives this Friday.

The whole thing?!? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

If Twitter's accurate, they're already filming 4.

Yes it was renewed earlier this year for a 4th season so I wouldn’t be surprised if they are filming already.

Slydice wrote: »
    The whole thing?!? :eek:

Yep! The whole thing! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Did they always do it this way? Not that I'm complaining, it'll fill the weekend nicely.

Yes the first two seasons were both dropped fully on the same day.

• Advertisement

Every time I hear the opening song I want to watch The Sound of Music.

Advertisement