Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Why are so many picking Bellerin, when he's injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Why are so many picking Bellerin, when he's injured?

He's been a doubt this week but trained yesterday. If he starts he starts if he doesn't it's not likely he'll play. That's why I'm playing him anyway and seems rather reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Feck it. Dont know if ADM to Yaya went through. Stuck with Wisdom, and captaincy is on Aguero.

Damn laptop kept crashing, and just cant use the FPL and FFFix on tablet as effectively.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

No early game makes kev :(

He's been a doubt this week but trained yesterday. If he starts he starts if he doesn't it's not likely he'll play. That's why I'm playing him anyway and seems rather reasonable to me.

Cheers Mr P. In my mind's eye, I could see him getting a run out for the last 10/15 minutes (and maybe a yellow!) so I left him on the bench. Hopefully that decision won't come back to bite me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Cheers Mr P. In my mind's eye, I could see him getting a run out for the last 10/15 minutes (and maybe a yellow!) so I left him on the bench. Hopefully that decision won't come back to bite me!

There's a risk alright but I've got Jones doubtful too (as in whether he'll replace Smalling or not). Hutton and Coloccini on my bench so said I'd chance it. Arsenal are more than capable of conceding a few to Palace anyway so I won't worry too much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Tbh with the attacking options arsenal have and the players they have to leave on the bench I could only see them making a defensive switch in the case of an injury.

.... I won't worry too much :pac:

WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT??!!! No point in playing the game unless you're going to worry over decisions and their potential outcomes like there's no tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Aaaaaand heeeeeere we go !!!!!! 't'was a long 6N break :p:D. Here's how I'm lining up.
    Foster
    Terry Jones PvA
    Cazorla Sanchez ADM Hazard (C)
    Aguero (VC) Kane Giroud
    Myhill ; Baird, Lucas, Coloccini
    Good luck to you all...

bar Busts & Sheroman whom I'm
    duel.JPG
    this week. On your guard :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Guzan
    Terry PVA Clichy
    Downing Eriksen Hazard Silva
    Giroud Kane Aguero(c)

Green Hutton JWP Chester

No transfers for me this week. Suffice to say, I need a big week from City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Good to be back:D
    339619.png

Hopefully Hazard does the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

2 lads chasing me have brought in and captained Costa ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

wonski wrote: »
    Good to be back:D
    339619.png

Hopefully Hazard does the business.

You have 6 not playing next week, looks very good other than that

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A lad ten points ahead of me brought in Costa on a -4 and now has Terry, Costa, Hazard, Kane, Eriksen, Wisdom and Dummett (injured for next week). As well as that he has Clichy and Barkley who are by no means guaranteed to play.

Should have checked the fixtures!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »
    A lad ten points ahead of me brought in Costa on a -4 and now has Terry, Costa, Hazard, Kane, Eriksen, Wisdom and Dummett (injured for next week). As well as that he has Clichy and Barkley who are by no means guaranteed to play.

Should have checked the fixtures!

I am very worried that people who bought Costa blindly this week may garner so many points if they captain him that it will more than cover the cost of an extra transfer next week......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can't understand why they don't move the deadline to like 2pm when there is no early kick offs.

sword1 wrote: »
    You have 6 not playing next week, looks very good other than that

I also have 2 FT:D

-4 will get me full 11 team.
    Could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

km79 wrote: »
    I am very worried that people who bought Costa blindly this week may garner so many points if they captain him that it will more than cover the cost of an extra transfer next week......

He has seven players at least missing and another two may not play. He's looking at more than a -4 to get 11 on the pitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

km79 wrote: »

Could well happen but in the long run its likely to be a bad idea for most teams.

I also have 2 FT:D

-4 will get me full 11 team.
    Could be worse.

Dummet makes 7, throw in an injury or suspension and you are looking at - 12 or 10 playing, might work out for you, have 4 definitely myself and baird makes 5 probably with 2 ft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Aguero captained by 58.2% of top 1k, Hazard by 30.8%, Kane 8.5%, Costa 1.5%.

Some random top 1k ownership stats that interested me in particular:

Costa 4.3%
    Sturridge 3.5%
    Wisdom 35.3%
    Baird 13.9%
    Sterling 12.6%
    Giroud 44.9%
    Cazorla 46.4%
    Di Maria 43.7%
    Defoe 26.8%
    Eriksen 10.5%
    Silva 47.9%
    Bellerin 35%

Edit - Those percentages seem to still be fluctuating a bit on FFFix.

Dummet makes 7, throw in an injury or suspension and you are looking at - 12 or 10 playing, might work out for you, have 4 definitely myself and baird makes 5 probably with 2 ft

Count again, please:D

3xChelsea, Wasilewski, Kane and Dummett.

-4 + 3 on the bench will give me full team.
    Simple.

Was I supposed to get rid of my Chelsea players before this game or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

qwabercd wrote: »

I'm rooting for a Hazard 15 pointer, Aguero 8 pointer. Good to see Kane+Costa only 10% of the top 1k since I have neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

qwabercd wrote: »

What is Costa's ownership like?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Count again, please:D

3xChelsea, Wasilewski, Kane and Dummett.

-4 + 3 on the bench will give me full team.
    Simple.

Was I supposed to get rid of my Chelsea players before this game or what?

My bad, at a glance thought you had eriksen too, no, I have zouma, oscar and hazard, good luck

Lemlin wrote: »
    He has seven players at least missing and another two may not play. He's looking at more than a -4 to get 11 on the pitch!

oh I know for that particular team but a few may get lucky. or not. he looked rusty the last day BUT that means he will prob get the full 90 whereas I don't think aguero will. I've had STINK luck when captaining aguero just so ye all know!

My bad, at a glance thought you had eriksen too, no, I have zouma, oscar and hazard, good luck

Nah, got rid of Chadli only this week, though.

Appreciate you're worried about my team, but everything is under control:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

What is Costa's ownership like?

4.4%

oh my lord 4 of the 6 lads around me in my league have bought and captained Costa! 2 don't even have aguero.......will they be rewarded for one week planning .....or will my more considered approach win out ? if its the former I may just give up :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Feels weird having 3 blue stars on the bench next week. :o

Advertisement