Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Anytime before 30 November is possible. They have not even launched summer 2020 schedule yet.

I suspect there will be something but much quieter than recent years.

If there is nothing, you’d imagine some fanfare about frequency increases etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

This should become more common now in the next few months including taking over PHL. EI-LBR hasn't flown since the 26th, I assume this means it's to be taken out of service per the original schedule and is likely in the process of handover preparations for Oct 31st.

Yes, EI-LBR is leaving as planned.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

thecutter wrote: »
    Looks like its a -300 according to the seating chart, which is surprising
    Well thats me put back in my box so!!
    Maybe take the rest of my post with a pinch of salt!!!!

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    If there is nothing, you’d imagine some fanfare about frequency increases etc.
    I had a snoop around the timetable on their website 2 weeks ago.
    https://www.aerlingus.com/html/flights-time-table.html

Montreal is not showing on it.
    Looks like increase in SEA from 4x weekly to daily.
    MIA is going to be 3x weekly rather than the twice this summer.
    MSP showing on the A330 from April.
    MCO looks to be 6x weekly.
    SFO is still showing Daily, but LAX is planned as a -300.

Also the flight numbers are being changed on their West Coast routes. Im guessing they are running out, so decided to focus the 3 digit numbers on the East Coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

Any update on the 321LR been given the green light for msp due to the distance or will it go straight from the 757 to the 330

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Tenger wrote: »
    Looks like increase in SEA from 4x weekly to daily.
    MIA is going to be 3x weekly rather than the twice this summer.
    MSP showing on the A330 from April.
    MCO looks to be 6x weekly.
    SFO is still showing Daily, but LAX is planned as a -300.

Who robbed from who and posted this exact same thing on the Dublin Spotters facebook page?:confused::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Who robbed from who and posted this exact same thing on the Dublin Spotters facebook page?:confused::rolleyes:

To be fair it was also posted here weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    To be fair it was also posted here weeks ago.

To be fair the timing was just a bit close

That facebook member posts here.
    Liiga is the username.

he could have at least changed a few words.

Lets hope I remembered it correctly, I think I did post it 2 weeks ago when I spotted the changes.
    Lots of pressure to be correct now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Karl8415 wrote: »
    Any update on the 321LR been given the green light for msp due to the distance or will it go straight from the 757 to the 330

Heard they're pulling NEO off IAD flights in November because it can't make it and asking pax to reroute via jfk etc

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Heard they're pulling NEO off IAD flights in November because it can't make it and asking pax to reroute via jfk etc

330 is daily to IAD in November and December so not sure why they’d be asking paxs to reroute. Was discussed here a few weeks ago if you look back.

• Advertisement

Anyone hear talk of 330 charters to St Lucia? Might make sense with VS dropping it as a destination and the demise of Thomas Cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Anyone hear talk of 330 charters to St Lucia? Might make sense with VS dropping it as a destination and the demise of Thomas Cook.

You’re actually the third person I’ve heard mention that but didn’t give it much heed until now as it seemed quite an out there destination for Aer Lingus to serve. Guess there’s no smoke without fire but nothing firm seems to have been published.

I would have thought they would try another North American continental destination next but it could make sense as a winter seasonal market maybe through the winter to pick up slack when the 330 fleet is quite under-utilised, perhaps even more under-utilised in years to come if the NEO takes over more routes during quieter winter months freeing up 330s to travel further afield on winter sun flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

330 is daily to IAD in November and December so not sure why they’d be asking paxs to reroute. Was discussed here a few weeks ago if you look back.

If its EI-GEY....

NH2013 wrote: »
    You’re actually the third person I’ve heard mention that but didn’t give it much heed until now as it seemed quite an out there destination for Aer Lingus to serve. Guess there’s no smoke without fire but nothing firm seems to have been published.

I would have thought they would try another North American continental destination next but it could make sense as a winter seasonal market maybe through the winter to pick up slack when the 330 fleet is quite under-utilised, perhaps even more under-utilised in years to come if the NEO takes over more routes during quieter winter months freeing up 330s to travel further afield on winter sun flights.

I heard ‘charter’ mentioned and doubt it would be a scheduled service so that would take a lot of the cost and risk out of it. EI wouldn’t have to sell or market the seats.

On the face of it, it seems a sensible utilisation of an A330 in winter similar to the Novair contract a few years ago. Provided they’ve done their sums correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Is the Dynamic Route Map known to throw up a few red herrings?

Or in other words, have they not bothered updating it in the past few years?

https://www.dynamicroutemaps.com/aerlingus-drm-2019/?_ga=2.88325147.1676334359.1572536095-1485287964.1519751660

There's a few odd ones using Cork as an example:

- FCO Rome
    - BRU Brussels
    - JER Jersey
    - LGW Gatwick

None of which are active routes and clicking on them give an 'access denied' 400 error.

Dubrovnik, Newquay and Rennes are missing from that map too, so it looks to be pretty out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

It’s just not been updated, I don’t think anyone really looks at them anymore.

I used to really like exploring the route maps of various airlines but they just went out of fashion, particularly with larger airlines who have complicated codeshare networks, joint ventures, alliance partners and multiple hubs or bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

It’s just not been updated, I don’t think anyone really looks at them anymore.

I used to really like exploring the route maps of various airlines but they just went out of fashion, particularly with larger airlines who have complicated codeshare networks, joint ventures, alliance partners and multiple hubs or bases.

Yeah, I think people use Wikipedia now mainly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I bloody wish they were still flying from Cork to Brussels. Bruges can be a right pain to get to from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

I see EI-DEC is on the move in Abu Dhabi heading home via Frankfurt after under going maintenance since October 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

If its EI-GEY....

EWR seems to flying the route on a daily basis now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 VivaLasBegas

Irish Times reporting Paris (4 per week) and Barcelona (3 per week) from Shannon to be announced tomorrow morning. Sorry can't post the link fully as I'm a new user but if you can manage the 3w's and a . the rest will get you there....

irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/aer-lingus-to-launch-flights-from-shannon-to-paris-and-barcelona-1.4073539

Sounds like the A320 currently on the morning LHR is reassigned

The A321neo takes over the first SNN-LHR-SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 31 VivaLasBegas

That is indeed the plan. Increased route offering as opposed to leaving the airframe idle. Great to see and I think these will be popular routes. Nice to see EI offer more out of SNN as FR seem to have no ambition to grow there.

EI will likely run connections from the overnight BOS/JFK to CDG/BCN/LHR which will help to get the numbers up

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sherology

If EI can get transfer traffic into JFK/BOS (and maybe promote it/prefer it as a connection for these busy routes), that will help sustain the SNN routes, and in turn, interline agreements with AF, and the every allusive IB (an IAG partner airline), for those departing Ireland.

If Shannon (who complain a lot - I'm a local so don't kill me) could facilitate/promote/pre-package a no-extra-fee (taxes/free attraction admission vouchers) 3-day stopover in 'the Shannon region' as part of that maybe it too would assist in a more practical way to get minded folks to have 2-trips in one at a discount - 'your here anyway type of thing' i.e. Iceland stopovers.

Good destinations but SNN has a bad history of keeping numbers up to sustain non bucket/spade routes. Transfers and interlining will be key here I think. Good to see they're willing to try though. Now... SNN and locals... Stop complaining and start supporting or it'll be bye-bye-birdie yet again. Airlines aren't charities, but they do need support in remoter areas

sherology wrote: »
    If Shannon (who complain a lot - I'm a local so don't kill me) could facilitate/promote/pre-package a no-extra-fee (taxes/free attraction admission vouchers) 3-day stopover in 'the Shannon region' as part of that maybe it too would assist in a more practical way to get minded folks to have 2-trips in one at a discount - 'your here anyway type of thing' i.e. Iceland stopovers.
    Ive always wondering why EI dont offer this option. I remember 6-7 years ago when the then EI CEO was appointed to the board of failte ireland. At the time
    I thought such an option was the next step.
    If EI got a subsidy of 50-100 for each pax who took the stop option it would be very good return for them. And good for the economy as 2 days would easily mean approx 3-500 spend into Ireland.

EI's ticketing allows for up to 7 day stopover.

Any such subsidy would have to be made available at Dublin, Cork, Kerry etc, EI is the only connecting airline at Shannon so such a subsidy would be indirect government support as it would benefit a single airline and also would be applicable only to EU carriers.

We live in a free market, the fares are already historically low, if people want to go its there call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Wrong thread perhaps but, I paid a deposit on return fligths to JFK yesterday, for next May.
    It said I would receive a confirmation email but, I never got one.

Anyone else have this issue before?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

EI's ticketing allows for up to 7 day stopover.

Any such subsidy would have to be made available at Dublin, Cork, Kerry etc, EI is the only connecting airline at Shannon so such a subsidy would be indirect government support as it would benefit a single airline and also would be applicable only to EU carriers.

We live in a free market, the fares are already historically low, if people want to go its there call

Booking a stopover is definitely not an intuitive experience on the website. Unless you can do it easily online, as you could with WOW and Icelandair, then folks won't bother calling in to do it - or indeed even be aware its an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

These new Shannon flights. Would the aircraft not make more money out of Dublin or elsewhere?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement