Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭EI321

bikeman1 wrote: »
    A couple of questions:

What is stopping EI becoming a member of One World like BA, IB & AA? It would be really helpful if they did. I would consider flying with them more if they did. EI to me are just a connector to the US and a bucket and spade airline. There is very limited flights to anywhere in Central and Eastern Europe.

When is the free booze on TA starting with EI? This was mooted ages ago, but I have not heard anything recently.

Cheers.

They said about 5 years ago that it was likely they would rejoin (They were a member previously), then the cost of upgrading their IT was mentioned as a reason for not rejoining, then EI said they would cooperate more with oneworld transfers etc but not join and now the whole thing seems to have gone quiet.

Perhaps there are other complications such as code shares with United and other non-oneworld carriers.

Edit: I would have thought the free booze would be back by now, it's limited to one drink though so I won't be excited about it. Delta is the best airline from Ireland to the States. Aer Lingus' prices seem to be very inconsistent and their frequent flyer programme is one of the worst I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

HTCOne wrote: »
    AA are by far the worst of thr large US airlines. I sincerely hope EI don't join OW for the sake of the JetBlue JV

You’ll be sorely disappointed so. They are a long way down the road of obtaining US DoTransport approval to join the AA-BA-AY-IB joint business arrangement for transatlantic flights. Can’t see the JetBlue arrangements subsisting after that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Marcusm wrote: »
    You’ll be sorely disappointed so. They are a long way down the road of obtaining US DoTransport approval to join the AA-BA-AY-IB joint business arrangement for transatlantic flights. Can’t see the JetBlue arrangements subsisting after that.
    Given JetBlue are starting London in 2021, it wouldn't be a stretch to suggest they may start Dublin too. Could be an easy way for them to replace some of their lost EI transferees.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭EI321

marno21 wrote: »
    Given JetBlue are starting London in 2021, it wouldn't be a stretch to suggest they may start Dublin too. Could be an easy way for them to replace some of their lost EI transferees.

JetBlue have previously mentioned DUB as a transatlantic route they are considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

EI-LRD, the fourth A321LR, has made an appearance of sorts.

https://digitalairliners.com/2019/10/19/log-hamburg-finkenwerder-xfw-19-10-2019/

Outside Hanger 14 at XFW, fuselage in primer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Noxegon

EI321 wrote: »
    JetBlue have previously mentioned DUB as a transatlantic route they are considering.

I hope so.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

EI-LRD, the fourth A321LR, has made an appearance of sorts.

https://digitalairliners.com/2019/10/19/log-hamburg-finkenwerder-xfw-19-10-2019/

Outside Hanger 14 at XFW, fuselage in primer.

NO-REG A21N 9187 Primer fuselage (for Aer Lingus)

Anyone take note of the time taken with the previous aircraft from primer to rollout, to full assembly, to first flight and delivery?

in related news this pic was posted of the new A333 rolling out from assembly. (EI-EIM, MSN 1950)
    St. Sillian if my zoom is correct. I think this name was last used on the MD-11 out of Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

EI-LRA flew to Shannon early this morning, it’s taking over SNN from one of the 757s.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

EI-LRA flew to Shannon early this morning, it’s taking over SNN from one of the 757s.

On its way to BOS at the moment.

I not Aer Lingus still say the flights operated by ASL in the booking engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

JCX BXC wrote: »
    On its way to BOS at the moment.

I not Aer Lingus still say the flights operated by ASL in the booking engine.

Probably covering themselves for a while lest the 757 is needed to stand in.

• Advertisement

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Probably covering themselves for a while lest the 757 is needed to stand in.

I'd say it'll be updated during the week. With the runway at SNN there shouldn't be any problems, and now that they have -LRB and -LRC there are stand-ins in case there are issues. This is probably the most slack EI have had in the fleet in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Quoting from a post here on 31 May last re the 757 retirement dates:

"EI-LBR 31/10/19
    EI-LBS 30/11/19
    EI-LBT 30/12/19
    EI-CJX 30/04/20"

EI-LBR is indeed being retired on the 31st and is not flying today.

I've seen commentary elsewhere that the three ex-Finnnair 757s are most likely due for freighter conversion but nothing more definitive than that. They must have low cycles for their age as they've always been used predominantly on medium/long-haul routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Quoting from a post here on 31 May last re the 757 retirement dates:

"EI-LBR 31/10/19
    EI-LBS 30/11/19
    EI-LBT 30/12/19
    EI-CJX 30/04/20"

EI-LBR is indeed being retired on the 31st and is not flying today.

I've seen commentary elsewhere that the three ex-Finnnair 757s are most likely due for freighter conversion but nothing more definitive than that. They must have low cycles for their age as they've always been used predominantly on medium/long-haul routes.

Really will miss the 757s!
    Just curious why CJX will be the last one to leave, as its the oldest 757 in the fleet by 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Really will miss the 757s!
    Just curious why CJX will be the last one to leave, as its the oldest 757 in the fleet by 5 years

Maybe it is not lined up for a future as a freighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

True.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

It was the last to have a heavy check so has more time left, compared to LBR/S/T

It’s the oddball in the fleet with RR engines, from what I’ve heard LBR/LBS/LBT were acquired together for freighter conversion, likely for fleet commonality with the new operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

I see GCF has positioned to Bordeaux this morning, winter is hear so the heavy maintenance to the 330’s has begun, it’ll be interesting to see if any head out to Abu Dhabi this time,I know DEC A320 is out there currently

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Karl8415 wrote: »
    I see GCF has positioned to Bordeaux this morning, winter is hear so the heavy maintenance to the 330’s has begun, it’ll be interesting to see if any head out to Abu Dhabi this time,I know DEC A320 is out there currently

Wonder will -DEC be repainted out there too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Locker10a wrote: »
    Wonder will -DEC be repainted out there too

Will GCF be painted in Bordeaux?

• Advertisement

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Will GCF be painted in Bordeaux?

I'd expect it to be one of the last to be painted given it's only 2 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

I'd expect it to be one of the last to be painted given it's only 2 years old.

Agreed its the newest 330 in the fleet so there's a few years left in her paint scheme yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

It'll be interesting to see when the repaints start again, there's also the small task of fitting EI-GEY with the new business class.

As for the A321LR, it's getting to stretch its wings a bit more now that the winter schedule has started, currently making its first visit to Newark today as Hartford gets a day off.

It'll be interesting to see when the repaints start again, there's also the small task of fitting EI-GEY with the new business class.

As for the A321LR, it's getting to stretch its wings a bit more now that the winter schedule has started, currently making its first visit to Newark today as Hartford gets a day off.

This should become more common now in the next few months including taking over PHL. EI-LBR hasn't flown since the 26th, I assume this means it's to be taken out of service per the original schedule and is likely in the process of handover preparations for Oct 31st.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

With some of the 757 leaving the fleet, could the business class seats be recycled onto GEY? Or they wouldn’t be compatible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

Apologies to gate crash, you guys have always been really helpful before

Anyone know which aircraft is due to fly the EI121 on Thursday?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

thecutter wrote: »
    Apologies to gate crash, you guys have always been really helpful before

Anyone know which aircraft is due to fly the EI121 on Thursday?

Probablytoo soon to know. EI usually lock them in the day before.
    It will be a -200 though. Expect one of DAA/LAX/EWR/DUO.
    GEY usually does DUB-IAD.

As regards Abu Dhabi, Ive been told at least 2 are going there for MX in early 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

Tenger wrote: »
    Probablytoo soon to know. EI usually lock them in the day before.
    It will be a -200 though. Expect one of DAA/LAX/EWR/DUO.
    GEY usually does DUB-IAD.

As regards Abu Dhabi, Ive been told at least 2 are going there for MX in early 2020.

Looks like its a -300 according to the seating chart, which is surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Getting the feeling there's not going to be any new routes announced for next year (TA) despite the five year plan. They had them announced by now last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

OU812 wrote: »
    Getting the feeling there's not going to be any new routes announced for next year (TA) despite the five year plan. They had them announced by now last year.

Anytime before 30 November is possible. They have not even launched summer 2020 schedule yet.

I suspect there will be something but much quieter than recent years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement