Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

I see EI-LRB made its first transatlantic crossing yesterday, did the LHR rotation in the morning and then went stateside to BDL in the afternoon.

The opposite is happening today, EI-LRA did LHR this morning and is currently on its way to BDL once again.

Nice to see them both in action on long haul and short haul as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI-LRA had a hangar visit yesterday so LRB took the honours, LRB also needs mood lighting fitted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Jack1985 wrote: »
    EI-LRA had a hangar visit yesterday so LRB took the honours, LRB also needs mood lighting fitted.

Odd something like that can’t be fitted in the factory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Locker10a wrote: »

Absolutely thought the exact same.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Locker10a wrote: »

It can, I just imagine EI can do it significantly cheaper right now themselves, especially as they’re in the middle of fitting it on older aircraft so have the expertise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Is the IFE available on the LHR leg. I presume the aircraft gets cleaned afterwards especially so after the bad press has gotten in the last week about dirty aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

https://youtu.be/l_s5t_H94N8 someone has a review up on the LR from LHR

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭sherology

Kev11491 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/l_s5t_H94N8 someone has a review up on the LR from LHR

I do love the styling of the new Collins seats (economy)... Grey's and a little lime piping looks sweet. Do hope they bring it through the existing fleet. Blue leather, while practical, is very brandless.

Any word of new uniforms? I assume the coloring and accents (ties/scarf etc.) Will take a cue from the greys and greens we see in the cabin.

Looks like a really nice aircraft, the economy cabin seems smart and a bit more spacious than the standard short haul layout. I do like the grey seats with the green trim, it's modern while maintaining a hint of Aer Lingus' character. I still prefer it with the new green/blue headrest covers though, I think they add just the right amount of colour. Seems the entertainment is up and running now, I'm guessing 'LRB didn't have the content loaded or licensed yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

sherology wrote: »
    I do love the styling of the new Collins seats (economy)... Grey's and a little lime piping looks sweet. Do hope they bring it through the existing fleet. Blue leather, while practical, is very brandless.

Any word of new uniforms? I assume the coloring and accents (ties/scarf etc.) Will take a cue from the greys and greens we see in the cabin.

New uniform will be mostly teal and navy from what I’ve heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

Any feedback heard on how the LR has handled the T/A flights so far,has it performed where management taught or is it still early days to call it

Karl8415 wrote: »
    Any feedback heard on how the LR has handled the T/A flights so far,has it performed where management taught or is it still early days to call it

Might want to read the thread for your answer.

TAP have started operating their LIS-IAD A321LR flights as of October 7th, so at least we know that with a sufficient runway the plane is more than capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Bsal

TAP have started operating their LIS-IAD A321LR flights as of October 7th, so at least we know that with a sufficient runway the plane is more than capable.

Air Transat are also using the LR on Bordeaux-Montreal 7.5hrs, the things you can do with a few hundred metres of extra runway.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

Locker10a wrote:

EI-LRB is fitted, LRA will be by the end of the week, Substantially cheaper for EIN to fit it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

Anyone have any idea when -LRC and the new A330 -EIM will be delivered and any estimates of rhe rest to follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

A330-300 HGW EI-EIM is November (ish)

A321NEOLR EI-LRC is due soon, test flight today

Shamrockj wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea when -LRC and the new A330 -EIM will be delivered and any estimates of rhe rest to follow?

EI-LRC had it's first flight today so delivery won't be far behind. 

EI-EIM, 'EIN are both visible at the A330 area in Toulouse, tails painted and fuselage in primer. Airbus churn A330s like there's no tomorrow down in Toulouse so the first one could easily arrive sometime around November with the other in the new year taking Christmas holiday's into account. 

The remaining four A321LRs due for next year might be ones to watch. As it stands Aer Lingus doesn't appear to going ahead with any new transatlantic destination next summer so I'm wondering if they may be deferred?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Noxegon

EI-EIM, 'EIN are both visible at the A330 area in Toulouse, tails painted and fuselage in primer

EI-EIO to follow, perhaps with a special farming livery? :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »

Literally LOL... Very good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭Rawr

Noxegon wrote: »

Alas, EIN are too late for that one

47581534_2240907582824347_5402075700475779636_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Noxegon

It's not on the aircraft register any more, I just checked. So maybe they could claim it, assuming the registration can be reused?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

EI-LRC had it's first flight today so delivery won't be far behind. 

EI-EIM, 'EIN are both visible at the A330 area in Toulouse, tails painted and fuselage in primer. Airbus churn A330s like there's no tomorrow down in Toulouse so the first one could easily arrive sometime around November with the other in the new year taking Christmas holiday's into account. 

The remaining four A321LRs due for next year might be ones to watch. As it stands Aer Lingus doesn't appear to going ahead with any new transatlantic destination next summer so I'm wondering if they may be deferred?

It is odd no route info has been forthcoming (assume now there are no new routes), but perhaps it's time to replace some of the older 330-200 frames, and build more frequency into the TATL network with the LRs to solidy the network and reduce potential for unrecoverable tech issues that seem to occur at the worst of times for the airline - and generate a lot of bad press.

Keeping the owned EI-LAX serviceable, perhaps using it on a few sun routes route as std (to keep it fresh and flexible), may be wise, giving the airline a little manoeuvre room. Same for the owned a321's.

If EI do remove the 330-200's from mainline/daily service next year/soon... The new -300s can replace those. The new LRs (beyond 757 replacements) may add an extra service to JFK/BOS, assuming there are the #s for them. An early morning departure would be nice, and enable more connections to more locations as you have the entire US day schedule to connect into.

Anywho... Time will tell.

So now that we have two A321LRs online, and hopefully soon a third, has there been any update to the 757s retirement? The original plan I believe was three to leave this year, and one next year, is that still the case? All 4 are still currently in use each day serving SNN-BOS/JFK and DUB-MSP/PHL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Having had my first experience of the Lufthansa A320neo yesterday and its minimal seat pitch, is it expected that the likely replacements for the EI A320 fleet will be them?

Hopefully not..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

LAX is only flying as EI own her. Needs major structural work this winter thats the decision point, she got whacked a few times in recent years by ground equipment so no fault of the folks in Hanger 6 or Bordeaux. If it wasn't for that she would go on forever really as LAX despite age is incredibly reliable. Internally she is in pretty good condition, was refreshed last year and has the mode lighting. The WiFi has been broken for some time and no hurry to fix.

The 2 new A330-300's will be long haul fitted so that means they have 4 long haul -300's so can cover SEA/SFO/LAX

Word is SFO will go to 10 per week

dfx- wrote: »
    Having had my first experience of the Lufthansa A320neo yesterday and its minimal seat pitch, is it expected that the likely replacements for the EI A320 fleet will be them?

Hopefully not..

With all due respect the changing seat pitch is not a function of the aircraft type, there are 737s with as little pitch. The 320neo is the obvious choice for replacement given the already-trained pilot, cabin, handling, and maintenance crews. The seat pitch on any future aircraft is TBD.

EI-LRA operated an afternoon rotation to Heathrow today. Didn’t think anything other than the morning flights were planned.

EI-LRA operated an afternoon rotation to Heathrow today. Didn’t think anything other than the morning flights were planned.

Planned being the operative word. It could have been because the A320 went tech, or perhaps they're doing it to provide more opportunities for familiarisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Aerlingus to use ECO fuel next year

Dose anyone know when aerlingus put the A321neo on Amsterdam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement