Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Surly the A321 issues are a major factor.

How he was hired given the track record at Flybe was always questionable.

And american express even more alarming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Bussywussy wrote: »
    In even better news,Rutter is gone

Good.

Some of the internal video messages to staff he headed were abysmal. I never understood why he appeared to be ‘face’ of management.

Good.

Some of the internal video messages to staff he headed were abysmal. I never understood why he appeared to be ‘face’ of management.

Probably to give the staff a giggle

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sherology

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

How he was hired given the track record at Flybe was always questionable.

What are the a321 issues referred to - out of curiousity?

In general, Rutter certainly appeared degrading/abrasive in his tone the odd time I saw him presenting/discussing the company, and rather 'self-complimentary' - success is 'team' generated, not individual... No harm to kick him out regardless of any other reason... You get more bees with honey - within reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

In even better news,Rutter is gone

God bless them having to wait to imply it wasn’t related to last December..

Respect towards him was floored since then.

• Advertisement

Jack1985 wrote: »
    God bless them having to wait to imply it wasn’t related to last December..

Respect towards him was floored since then.

And crew refusing to sell the indo was another beaut,that's gone too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

And crew refusing to sell the indo was another beaut,that's gone too

What happened in December..?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

sherology wrote: »
    In general, Rutter certainly appeared degrading/abrasive in his tone the odd time I saw him presenting/discussing the company, and rather 'self-complimentary' - success is 'team' generated, not individual... No harm to kick him out regardless of any other reason... You get more bees with honey - within reason).

One thing I am aware of is that Rutter fired the previous long standing head of marketing. This was the guy who in 2011/2012, got (the then CEO) Mueller to sign off on Business class cabin revamp, installation of wifi on A330s, revamp of the business class service, lounges in JFK and BOS, new signage for Gold Circle checkin.
    All things that Rutter seemed to take credit for in the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Good.

Yeah my dad works for EI in flight ops.

Rutter was responsible for the outsourcing of services, so he will not be missed by a lot of staff..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Will Ei-DEI get new irfu livery in the coming weeks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Rutter was responsible for the outsourcing of services, so he will not be missed by a lot of staff..

Im told (anecdotally from cabin crew) that he expected that they would have been able to force the cabin crew to clean the planes on turnarounds. (Im not sure when they would have gotten the time to do so)

liiga wrote: »
    Will Ei-DEI get new irfu livery in the coming weeks

It's in progress,players currently being removed,it looks better with no players on it

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

It's in progress,players currently being removed,it looks better with no players on it

Do we know if the team will be departing on it on Wed or is it scheduled to be finished after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Rumour has it that the whole thing had to be redone after Joe named the team the other day, they had to repaint the whole fin when Toner was dropped...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Looks like EI-DEI is done, new faces but still the old shamrock and logo.

Would have been nice to see the design updated into the new corporate colours, the teal and vibrant green would look great but I’m sure it would have been an expensive process.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

As far as I'm aware the base plane is fully painted in the colours with the players/logos being essentially vinyl stickers, so it wouldn't be too much of a job (relative to a full repaint) to change them out.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

Jamie2k9 wrote:

Where's this coming from? What sort of issues are they having with the A321?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just booked Aerspace for a tenner *less* than Saver - is there some opening offer I completely missed and happened to fall across?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Will the Irish Rugby Team travel to Japan on the Rugby Liveried Aer Lingus A320? Where will it stopover and refuel and I'd hate to spend the 10-12 hours in such a short haul cramped environment if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

theguzman wrote: »
    Will the Irish Rugby Team travel to Japan on the Rugby Liveried Aer Lingus A320? Where will it stopover and refuel and I'd hate to spend the 10-12 hours in such a short haul cramped environment if so.

No, They'll fly with Aer Lingus to Heathrow and connect with Japan Airlines direct to Tokyo Haneda, I believe they'll be on JAL44

• Registered Users Posts: 17,588 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Why would you ever think that was even remotely going to happen?

No team would be put through that kind of hell.

As per above they are flying on a long haul scheduled flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

L1011 wrote: »
    Just booked Aerspace for a tenner *less* than Saver - is there some opening offer I completely missed and happened to fall across?

AerSpace seems to be a set price on most flights, with other fares varying. At least that's what it looked like when I was booking LHR

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

AerSpace seems to be a set price on most flights, with other fares varying. At least that's what it looked like when I was booking LHR

Its normally similar to the old full undiscounted fare; this wasn't though.

If its a pricing error they've confirmed and taken my money, sent my lounge pass on etc so would be quite difficult to refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

L1011 wrote: »
    Its normally similar to the old full undiscounted fare; this wasn't though.

If its a pricing error they've confirmed and taken my money, sent my lounge pass on etc so would be quite difficult to refuse.

I booked LHR-SNN return at peak Christmas travel for £260 return in Aerspace. It was considerably cheaper than non Aerspace and had "1 seat available" for both. Now the fare is near £600!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

That's definitely a pricing error so.

The algo might not be programmed to adjust to demand so may be manually set right now (pure speculation on my behalf).

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sherology

cson wrote: »
    That's definitely a pricing error so.

The algo might not be programmed to adjust to demand so may be manually set right now (pure speculation on my behalf).

Someone is gonna get their digital-fingers slapped. Does seem like they've been left off the pricing algo.

Do we know what happens if there are more than '4' transfer passengers (taking AwrSpace seats)? Will they just expand the rows and move priority folks? 1-row seems pretty small/inflexible for first/second wave flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Why would you ever think that was even remotely going to happen?

No team would be put through that kind of hell.

As per above they are flying on a long haul scheduled flight.

I was thinking it because of the Rugby livery, but I was expecting an answer back of an EI A330 charter to Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,588 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I was thinking it because of the Rugby livery, but I was expecting an answer back of an EI A330 charter to Japan.

Given that the summer schedule is in full operation still where would EI find a spare A330?

They don’t have spare aircraft.

That day is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭john boye

LXFlyer wrote: »

The notion of an A320 flying to Japan is utterly nonsensical - I can’t believe anyone would think it could be even be a runner. They’re marketing tools and that’s it.

Ridiculous yes but what I can't believe is how badly you seem to be taking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement