Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Seats don't look very well padded.
    Wouldn't like to sit in that for 7 hours

Looks similar to the A330 and far better than the 757 economy seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its quieter at the front and the area around the wing box is more stable in bumpy conditions.

For anyone who flies a lot its not just about seat pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sherology

I believe United use the same seat for their long haul fleet... Collins Pinnacle. Do like the new simple styling/like piping/greys. Bums in seats will tell.. no seat is comfortable for 7hrs... I'm small and for but still can't wait to get off... Just have to hope your neighbors aren't wide-loads, kickers, all-elbows and open legs, or instant-recliners.

Smartflex Galley picture would be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Posted elsewhere that BDL rostered for 4 CC. So has a final 4 or 5 decision been made?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tanya1987

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Posted elsewhere that BDL rostered for 4 CC. So has a final 4 or 5 decision been made?

5 temporarily until formal recomendation

• Advertisement

Is the initial (revenue) flight still planned for the 2nd? Any training flights as yet?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

tanya1987 wrote: »
    5 temporarily until formal recomendation

Wasn’t this what happened with the 757 when it first started operating

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tanya1987

Locker10a wrote: »
    Wasn’t this what happened with the 757 when it first started operating

757 was a completely different story. At the time shannon jobs were in risk. It was agreed that the 757s werent staying for that long. Plus, other agreements were signed in order for staff to be rewarded for working with minimum crew.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

So Im guessing its a different story now? No threat to close Shannon base, no threat of reducing staff numbers. As A321LR delivers -30% fuel burn, lower CASK and -50% noise according to Airbus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭john boye

I seem to remember EI had to do an empty "proving flight" to the states on the 757 before they started, will it be the same with the LR? Or was that more for ASL rather than the aircraft type?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Anyone know why there's 2 EI182s heading to LHR? Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Anyone know why there's 2 EI182s heading to LHR? Is this normal?

One (EI-DEF) is EI178 - for some reason FR24 is quoting the wrong flight no.

EI-EDS is the real EI182.

Both heavily delayed and landing either side of BA A350, (G-XWBA).

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ireland trains

I was looking at the aer lingus fleet plan from last November (i think) and it is off the assumption that there will be more A321lr arriving every year from 2018-2023 which by then there would be 14 in the fleet. 2 A330s arriving in 2020 and 2 in 2022 with one A332 retired. The 757s would be gone by 2020.

But since aer lingus are only taking 8 A321lr which will bring them up to 2020 in terms of fleet increase. There will now be a 2 year gap of no extra A321lr planes with the A321xlr only coming onstream in 2023 is it likley that aer Lingus will retain 3 of the 757s untill 2022/23 but get rid of the one with a different engine.

Will we see a short haul renewal and expansion soon and is it likley that aer lingus will get more than 4 A330's (1 older plane retired) in the next 5 years or will there likley be more in 5+ years once new A321 routes are established and have the demand for an A330, thus releasing the A321 for new routes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The 757s won't be retained and the odd one out is going to be the last one left

I see where you’re coming. However the stated plans are open to change. The A321LR delay being a case in point.
    4 A321LR this year, 4 next year, 6 XLR ordered for a 2023 delivery.
    2 A333s delivered before March 2020.
    Last B757 to leave fleet in March 2020.

I’m sure the IAG capital market day next November will toss out more potential fleet numbers (A330neo and A321neo order in my mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Any rumours on 2x ex Jet airways A330-300 coming ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

I flew to LA from Dublin in early June of a Thursday and there was no USB charging port on the plane. There was a lad beside me who was saying he regularly flies to LA and it was the first plane he was on where there was no Charging port.

I’m flying home next Tuesday, is it more likely there’ll be a charging port on the way home?

It’s awful pain without it as I usually download movies for the flight. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

I flew to LA from Dublin in early June of a Thursday and there was no USB charging port on the plane. There was a lad beside me who was saying he regularly flies to LA and it was the first plane he was on where there was no Charging port.

I’m flying home next Tuesday, is it more likely there’ll be a charging port on the way home?

Sounds odd as all the A330 aircraft craft have USB outlets except I think GEY and I doubt that did LA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Sounds odd as all the A330 aircraft craft have USB outlets except I think GEY and I doubt that did LA

Correct, its been pretty much only going to IAD for the past couple of months with the odd MCO/MIA/JFK thrown in .

The older of the a330s have charging points (plug not usb) between the seats not on the IFE screen as I recall... You can't see them per se, so you may have just missed them. You get used to one type of system and forget the older one.

• Advertisement

Retro fit has occurred and the remote handset has been removed and a USB socket has been placed in the end of the armrests

All aircraft have the universal power socket between each pair of seats

LA is a -200 run so you won't get the screens with the built in USB

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭HTCOne

They're in different places on different airframes. On FNG, FNH, GAJ & GCF they're under the IFE screen. On all the others bar perhaps GEY it's in an awkward position on the front of the arm rest. If you tilt up the arm rest you'll see it on the tip. There's also even more awkward power sockets between the seats almost at floor level for vacuum cleaners during turnarounds that work.

FNG, FNH, GAJ & GCF won't be running to LA this year

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Any rumours on 2x ex Jet airways A330-300 coming ?
    Literally the info contained in your question is the only info available.
    That is as far as that rumour has progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Tenger wrote: »
    Literally the info contained in your question is the only info available.
    That is as far as that rumour has progressed.

I have also heard this in the last few weeks. Two 330s from Jet Airways for EI in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

BZ wrote: »
    I have also heard this in the last few weeks. Two 330s from Jet Airways for EI in the coming months.

What I heard is 1 ex jet and 1 ex Qatar on top of the 2 new ones

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Bussywussy wrote: »
    What I heard is 1 ex jet and 1 ex Qatar on top of the 2 new ones

So....4 extra widebodies and 4 extra narrowbodies (8 LR minus 4 B752) that need crewing within the next 12 months approx, and that's assuming all ASL crew come to EI, when they can't even crew the aircraft they have already. I'm a skeptical outsider I must say!

EWR, LAX need to be replaced

Goal is a all -300 fleet with at least 6 which are HGW so can get to SFO/LAX/SEA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭adam88

EWR, LAX need to be replaced

Goal is a all -300 fleet with at least 6 which are HGW so can get to SFO/LAX/SEA

If they’re owned outright and in good mechanical condition why not keep them for a spare body ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

HTCOne wrote: »
    So....4 extra widebodies and 4 extra narrowbodies (8 LR minus 4 B752) that need crewing within the next 12 months approx, and that's assuming all ASL crew come to EI, when they can't even crew the aircraft they have already. I'm a sceptical outsider I must say!

This week EI cancelled flights due to running out of pilots. Hope they cop on soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement