Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

sherology wrote: »
    Could someone add an actual link... Not finding the page/images with Google search. Thanks in advance.

'Dublin Airport Movements/Spotting' is the facebook group name.
    Lots of pics posted in the last 12 hours of the A321LR, including a video of the landing

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

For those who don't have Facebook

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Tenger wrote: »
    Thanks for the pointer.
    Just saw them. The grey seats are pretty drab to my eye. And the coloured headrest covers are definitely required. I wonder will we see similar with the new A330 in a few months. Quite a departure from the existing EI cabin look.

Looks quite nice, funny how thing go in circles, the various different colours of the headrests throughout the cabin reminds me of the 90s cabin interiors EI used to have!
    I noticed as well that they’ll be a windowless row where they’ve plugged doors 3. Not such a big deal when you have IFE but some people will be disappointed.
    I also noted the horrible toiled door jumpseat at the rear. Doubt crew will be impressed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

The interior looks very drab in the photos, I'd hope it brightens up when the protective film is taken off the carpet.

I suppose the almost generic white exterior and non brand specific interior will make shuffling aircraft between IAG airlines a much cheaper exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Surprised the overhead lockers are not the ‘new’ ones. When closed during flight they appear much more streamlined and give a greater senses of space. Are thy giving Boeing customers problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sherology

Kev11491 wrote: »
    For those who don't have Facebook

Thanks man.. got rid of facecrap years ago... LOVE THE SIMPLE INTERIOR WITH THE SPLASH OF NEW-BRANDING (it's a reverse of the biz cabin green-little grey vs grey, little green/blue)... Hope the new uniform has aspects/variances of this also. Finally a brand ID inside the cabin... And hope they add it to the short haul.

Thanks again... Keep'em coming 😉

Does anyone know why they swapped to Collins seats (from recaro), and will the new a330s coming this Q4 have this new cabin? Is this a new seat for retro fitting into short haul or standardising LH?

joeysoap wrote: »
    Surprised the overhead lockers are not the ‘new’ ones. When closed during flight they appear much more streamlined and give a greater senses of space. Are thy giving Boeing customers problems?

I'm not sure they're readily available 'today' but I do think AA has them/has them coming on their new a321neos... Or they're coming soon... They are sorely needee even as retrofits as EI thankfully allow a 10k cabin bag. No doubt they're pricey.

Update:

https://images.app.goo.gl/LyXLYkxp5zviUHj97

AA is the launch customer for these bins and they're only just available... Maybe EI missed out... TAP/Air Transat/Arkia don't have them on their LRs either, so assume they're either too expensive or you have to back-order them. Nice and useful through.

They reduce overall bag capacity

Locker10a wrote: »
    They reduce overall bag capacity

Really? I thought the new AirSpace cabin was supposed to increase bag stowage?
    AirSpace will be the standard config from next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Tenger wrote: »
    Really? I thought the new AirSpace cabin was supposed to increase bag stowage?
    AirSpace will be the standard config from next year.

Yeah as far as I was aware they increase it significantly by allowing roller bags to be stored on their side instead of flat.

60% more bags according to Airbus:

https://services.airbus.com/en/in-flight-experience/cabin-upgrades/stowages.html

Yeah as far as I was aware they increase it significantly by allowing roller bags to be stored on their side instead of flat.

60% more bags according to Airbus:

https://services.airbus.com/en/in-flight-experience/cabin-upgrades/stowages.html

Oh maybe those ones do, the Boeing sky interior bins took less

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This is how dumb I am... I thought... Oh, that's a cool background screen (behind the aircraft)... Must be doing some promo stuff... Then realized.. it's a hangar door... should'a gone to Specsavers... DOH!

Nice pic, thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Account has now gone private, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Has the route Cork-Dusseldorf been cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The A321neo appears to come with three options for the overhead bins.

- Standard, the most common choice seen on Aer Lingus, TAP, Air Transat etc.

- AirSpace, the new standard for Airbus, more square in design and while definitely larger, look very dated.

- Pivot, an A350 style bin which so far I’ve only seen on Hawaiian. It looks really modern and creates a feeling of space but it’s apparently the smallest of the three options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Ryanair have those ‘new’ ones on their newer Boeing’s. I got them a few times. They definitely hold more, but I’m not sure if passengers can or know how to close them. I think the Ry cabin crew have to do that. Bags seem to slide in a bit when there closed. Definitely give a sense of more space.

Ryanair have those ‘new’ ones on their newer Boeing’s. I got them a few times. They definitely hold more, but I’m not sure if passengers can or know how to close them. I think the Ry cabin crew have to do that. Bags seem to slide in a bit when there closed. Definitely give a sense of more space.

These are the ones that definitely don’t hold more bags, it’s the design of them being individual pivot lockers means you can’t squeeze in as many cases than the traditional continuous rack with doors, because you’ve more dividers due to each one being an individual bin, basically there’s less opportunity to play tetris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

They look nice, is there a business class on there?
    I can't see from the pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

They look nice, is there a business class on there?
    I can't see from the pictures.

On the neo? There's 16 with a 2-1-2-1-2 config each side

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Bussywussy wrote: »
    On the neo? There's 16 with a 2-1-2-1-2 config each side

Thanks, any pics of that...?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

I don't at moment I haven't seen it in flesh yet,I think they're same or slightly narrower than the A330 version.

Here's one from last week.. prior to delivery (until we get some new ones... And one of the the galley would be great if anyone has access to the plane (.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭bikeman1

How many cabin crew will be on the EI321 LR's? 4 / 5 or 6?

I see priority is on the antimacassers in the front of economy, do you get any bonus for taking those seats apart from boarding / alighting ahead of the other pax in economy?

B757s currently have 4 crew, so I’m guessing the company will want 4 on the A321LR. (<200 seats)
    Negotiations still ongoing according to some posts here 4-5 days ago..

For reference US based airlines usually have 5 crew on their B757s, 6 when international, and 4 for red eye flight from West Coast to East Coast.
    TAP are operating their A321LR OPO-EWR with 5 cabin crew. (16/155 seats)
    Easyjet have 5 crew on their A321Neo as they have 220 seats.

I booked last month with EI. Front seats of Economy are pricier to select, website only refers to quick boarding/disembarkation. I didn’t bother, selected 2nd row of normal Economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

A couple of people who seem to be EI employees saying on the Dublin Spotters group earlier that it will be 5 crew.

How many more deliveries this year? LRB, LRC and LRD all seem to be in production.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

imfml wrote: »

Those arm rests look particularly ****e.

They’re really doubling down on this nonsense about differentiating seating in economy with the colour coding but exact same seat pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Ireland trains

Seats don't look very well padded.
    Wouldn't like to sit in that for 7 hours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement