Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,085 ✭✭✭✭L1011

billie1b wrote: »
    EI only hire Irishmen/women?

Its a WX crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

RJI in the new livery in Rome, Pics courtesy of instagram account "romaspotters"
    Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Shn99 wrote: »
    RJI in the new livery in Rome, Pics courtesy of instagram account "romaspotters"
    Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Looks good...

On second viewing, the front is just so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Pity but not surprising. If it's not done in time for the summer schedule the airline should make it clearer to business class passengers that the product marketed to them might not be the one they get.

It's still due for a base maintenance check so should happen but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen....also GEY could soon be fitted with a crew rest for West Coast ops

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

That's awful looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I think it looks great overall.

Positives: Tail looks great, engines look good and the shamrock is ‘full size’ unlike the A330 where it appears slightly too small for the tail.

Negatives: Those tiny titles! Placing them under the window line would have been a much better option. Livery design shouldn’t be so rigid that it can’t be adjusted depending on aircraft design and shape.
    Bussywussy wrote: »
    Pity but not surprising. If it's not done in time for the summer schedule the airline should make it clearer to business class passengers that the product marketed to them might not be the one they get.

It's still due for a base maintenance check so should happen but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen....also GEY could soon be fitted with a crew rest for West Coast ops

I really hope they manage to fit the standard business class cabin in it before the crew rest, sending it on west coast services with that business class product is asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

A near-invisible livery. If the tail shamrock isn't readily visible, it's not easy now to identify an Aer Lingus aircraft from any distance. What a pitiful choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

sending it on west coast services with that business class product is asking for trouble.

What trouble would that be? Will the J class pax revolt and throw their plates around the cabin?? 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

sending it on west coast services with that business class product is asking for trouble.

What trouble would that be? Will the J class pax revolt and throw their plates around the cabin?? ðŸ˜

Not quite but you never know with passengers these days! 😂

I was thinking more in the way of complaints, there’s already been one or two pretty poor reviews posted online as well about this aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭HTCOne

All 4 of the recent deliveries are 242 HGW models

Only 2 are fitted for 8+ hour ops, and typically cover SFO.

Are FNG & FNH de-rated by any chance? I mean they don't stretch their legs and seeing as ATC and the Airports charge based on aircraft weight, EI would be wasting money by filing them as 242,000kg all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Much pettyness here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

HTCOne wrote: »
    Are FNG & FNH de-rated by any chance? I mean they don't stretch their legs and seeing as ATC and the Airports charge based on aircraft weight, EI would be wasting money by filing them as 242,000kg all the time.

Its probably on paper derated to a weight suitable to get as far as ORD/MCO but engine wise they are probably still at full rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

I think it's really poor if they don't update the cabin of -GEY. I don't see why they wouldn't do it either, the layout it's in now is less than all of their other -200s because business class goes passed doors 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Not quite but you never know with passengers these days! 😂

I was thinking more in the way of complaints, there’s already been one or two pretty poor reviews posted online as well about this aircraft.

I’d also suggest that if I know in advance it’s GEY, I’d go another carrier if possible. The value of a good nights sleep on the way home before going direct from the airport to work is worth the hassle. And it would annoy me if I was checking SeatGuru, booking via their site thinking it’s the regular product and I get that crap.

Its probably on paper derated to a weight suitable to get as far as ORD/MCO but engine wise they are probably still at full rating.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I’d also suggest that if I know in advance it’s GEY, I’d go another carrier if possible. The value of a good nights sleep on the way home before going direct from the airport to work is worth the hassle. And it would annoy me if I was checking SeatGuru, booking via their site thinking it’s the regular product and I get that crap.

How would you know...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Better angle on the RJ, pic credit to skyliner aviation. It’s currently em route to DUB as EI2405
    B8F76ADF-7E7D-49EB-B750-0CF9CCE7D3B6.jpeg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

How would you know...?
    GEY is in an older setup with 4 rows in 2-2-2 config. 24 seats versus 30 or 23 on other A330s.

Unless EI show this on their booking engine no way to know. Last summer they kept it mostly to the DC route. Makes sense to restrict it to a single market.

Business wise I expect they would want to refit it. Thus it is a more flexible fleet asset. If it isnt refited it could be due to seat availability, hanger slots or delayed C checks on other airfwames. They have already had to postpone a new route due to A321LR delays. Having to delay part of the April/May summer increase due to GEY refit may not be commercially palatable.

How would you know...?

Well that’s the point isn’t it, they’re not showing you ahead of time if you’re going to get a clearly inferior product for your money. It’s borderline shady.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Ei-EDY is back tonight to Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Comhra wrote: »
    A near-invisible livery. If the tail shamrock isn't readily visible, it's not easy now to identify an Aer Lingus aircraft from any distance. What a pitiful choice.

Yes the more I see it too the more plainly crap it is.... like it was awarded to a child in a coloring competition but they ran out of markers.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Well that’s the point isn’t it, they’re not showing you ahead of time if you’re going to get a clearly inferior product for your money. It’s borderline shady.
    I’m in 2 minds about the ‘different product’. Many airlines have this issue when they are mid upgrade. EG I travelled on a older Virgin B747 last year, personally felt a bit miffed as it was scheduled originally as a B787. In my case the actual product was the same as advertised, just a bit older.

In the case of GEY the seats are still lie flat, the IFE is the same content, there is WiFi, the crew are the same and I’m gonna assume the inflight service is the same?
    So the customer is getting the same level of product, just not what was pictured. And yes, I will conced that seatchoice is ‘less’ as you no longer have single seats. Did EI omit this on the DC route last year, seems like a safe choice to prevent disappointment.
    If the choice is an older product or the route not happening the airline will chose to operate, I suspect most pax will concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,426 ✭✭✭✭cson

It's been oversold how bad J in GEY is, it's fine - its lie flat & the amenities, food and drinks are the same product as any of the other A330s. Sure there's no throne seats if you're a single traveler but some of you are making out that its this horrific departure from standard EI J class, when its not. The lie flats are a shade worse than the others & the config is a little tighter.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

cson wrote:
    It's been oversold how bad J in GEY is, it's fine - its lie flat & the amenities, food and drinks are the same product as any of the other A330s. Sure there's no throne seats if you're a single traveler but some of you are making out that its this horrific departure from standard EI J class, when its not. The lie flats are a shade worse than the others & the config is a little tighter.

Completely agree... some of the comments surrounding this are very snobby when most of the people reading this forum only ever travel and can only afford economy class travel. Tis far from lie flat seats we were reared!

flange888 wrote: »
    Completely agree... some of the comments surrounding this are very snobby when most of the people reading this forum only ever travel and can only afford economy class travel. Tis far from lie flat seats we were reared!

More reason that when you're shelling out...!

As to the points above, I'd be fine if they were more upfront about it - but as I say, doing a search on routes GEY has been plying lately on SeatGuru doesn't show her up. Equipment change due to tech is different to booking a particular product - Eg I know flying United from Dublin I'm going to get their older bizclass rather than the new fancy Polaris seats. There's a different Delta product flying to Boston than to Atlanta. EI recognised this I think and so had GEY on basically 1 route when it entered service.

I do think it's important to be upfront on this stuff, because there are options for coming home when the overnights - for myself and I'd say most people up the front on a school night - mean getting off the plane and walking into work. Stupid and all as it sounds, I'd fly Uniteds 20 year old 777 with their mattress topper over AA's 787 with a rock solid narrow bed because I've got better nights sleep (think, cruising altitude to turning over the Irish sea) on the former. Hard product matters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Reductions in the TA schedules
    Revised operations:
    • Dublin-Hartford A321LR replaces B757 August 2 not July 1
    • Dublin-Montreal deferred from August 8 2019 to summer 2020.
    • Dublin-Hartford reduced from daily to 6w
    • Dublin-Minneapolis/St. Paul from daily to 5w
    • Dublin-Philadelphia from daily to 5w
    • Shannon-JFK from 6w to 4w

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Reductions in the TA schedules

I imagine that Shannon reduction is going to cause some heads to explode..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Kev11491 wrote: »
    I imagine that Shannon reduction is going to cause some heads to explode..

Hasn't yet.

They've really established a pattern of unreliability in Shannon, I doubt this shocks anyone. At most you might see some political figure make a comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Hasn't yet.

They've really established a pattern of unreliability in Shannon, I doubt this shocks anyone. At most you might see some political figure make a comment.

If I was them I would have taken the full hit at Shannon and cancelled a route there entirely. Not popular but the hub is where the future is.

• Advertisement

If Hartford is getting A321LR from August 2nd I’m guessing delivery now due 4-5 days before hand?
    We should see assembly site photos in late June/early July.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement