Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

What type of maintenance is done there?

Not a lot,it only went for gear replacement....

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

Sad to see a delay to Montreal and this year's expansion. Hopefully 2020 will make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

It’ll be a shame if they can’t even get EI-GEY refitted. Another summer of that poor business product won’t sit well with passengers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Shamrockj wrote: »
    Sad to see a delay to Montreal and this year's expansion. Hopefully 2020 will make up for it.
    An article over the last day or so about EI looking at 15 possible routes implied 2 new A330 due before Summer 2020. I assume EI have 2 new routes (or maybe 1 new route and daily SEA) earmarked for those wide bodies in 2020, Montreal and probably another narrowbody route will now join them.

Would be interesting to see what compensation EI get from the delayed delivery of A321LR. Might not be evident of course. virgin got A333s due to delays to the B787 program (and I think that was the source of the BA B773s)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Currently sitting on an newly painted A320, over the wing, and just looked out the window.

Noticed the newly designed Shamrock on the door, the tail fin, and the white body, but when getting on the plane, but no shamrock inside the wingtip.

Slightly disappointed that I don't have my 'Instagram Moment' wingtips.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Currently sitting on an newly painted A320, over the wing, and just looked out the window.

Noticed the newly designed Shamrock on the door, the tail fin, and the white body, but when getting on the plane, but no shamrock inside the wingtip.

Ask for a refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Mint Sauce wrote: »

A320s never had the shamrock on the inside wingtip though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,079 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The inside of the wingtip fence is a bit small for a logo - it isn't a sharklet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Kev11491 wrote: »

It would have to be a pretty small shamrock on the inside of an A320 winglet. If EI upgrade the A320s to sharklets (or buy new A320s) then I's expect to see one there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

It would have to be a pretty small shamrock on the inside of an A320 winglet. If EI upgrade the A320s to sharklets (or buy new A320s) then I's expect to see one there alright.

The ones they have at the moment aren’t eligible for retrofitting unfortunately, will more than likely be a shamrock on the A321LRs along with one on the engine you can see looking out the window like on the 757s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Shn99 wrote: »
    The ones they have at the moment aren’t eligible for retrofitting unfortunately, will more than likely be a shamrock on the A321LRs along with one on the engine you can see looking out the window like on the 757s

Only the CVx, DEx reg's, and A321's of course. The rest all are.

It takes some wing reinforcement though to retrofit sharklers into eligible A320s though doesn’t it? The additional weight on retro fitted A320s means the sharklet only comes into effect on longer sectors, 2hrs+ I believe so there’s never been much point from Aer Lingus’ point.

Obviously the A320neo series comes with them as standard and the wing is optimised for them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,079 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's two age/serial ranges of 320s that can be upgraded - one with extensive work, one with relatively little work

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Dose anyone know the time when ei-rji is back from Rome tomorrow ? With new aerlingus livery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

liiga wrote: »
    Dose anyone know the time when ei-rji is back from Rome tomorrow ? With new aerlingus livery

Was looking out for it yesterday in FR24 but didn’t see it, possibly delayed?

Kev11491 wrote: »

Thats true but I think its a bit cringworthy of EI to be extolling their new "instagram worthy" livery when it only on 17 out of 56 of the fleet. (A330s and B757s)
    Similarly the "welcoming shamrock" on the door of the aircraft can only be seen easily if the door is closed in front of the passengers.

Tenger wrote: »
    Similarly the "welcoming shamrock" on the door of the aircraft can only be seen easily if the door is closed in front of the passengers.

You can definitely see the shamrock on the door when it’s open, all Airbus doors and push and slide outwards meaning the outside of the door remains fully visible during boarding and is never obstructed from passenger view, even when an air bridge is being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Was looking out for it yesterday in FR24 but didn’t see it, possibly delayed?

Yep I would imagine so

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

liiga wrote: »
    Yep I would imagine so

Par for the course with that aircraft!

You can definitely see the shamrock on the door when it’s open, all Airbus doors and push and slide outwards meaning the outside of the door remains fully visible during boarding and is never obstructed from passenger view, even when an air bridge is being used.

I’m not saying that’s it not visible but generally ppl look in front of them rather than 4-5ft to their left. I guess looking thru the cockpit window would allow them to see the door shamrock. Personally I think a shamrock right above the door or on the right hand left ‘lintel’ would be more readily apparent.

Unrelated, post n Facebook earlier showed a video snippet from the livery unveil with the EI fleet mngr confirming 2 new A330s in time for Summer 2020. Was already posted here though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

I’m not saying that’s it not visible but generally ppl look in front of them rather than 4-5ft to their left. I guess looking thru the cockpit window would allow them to see the door shamrock. Personally I think a shamrock right above the door or on the right hand left ‘lintel’ would be more readily apparent.

Unrelated, post n Facebook earlier showed a video snippet from the livery unveil with the EI fleet mngr confirming 2 new A330s in time for Summer 2020. Was already posted here though.

I'm guessing these will be the 242 Ton versions for the West coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Not sure what you mean by saying looking through the cockpit window? Airbus doors (if you open from the inside), push out and then slide over, it doesn’t work like a door hinge where the outside surface faces the plane when open. Passengers walking down a jetbridge or even up stairs would have a very clear view of the shamrock on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Not sure what you mean by saying looking through the cockpit window? Airbus doors (if you open from the inside), push out and then slide over, it doesn’t work like a door hinge where the outside surface faces the plane when open. Passengers walking down a jetbridge or even up stairs would have a very clear view of the shamrock on the door.

Like so:
    door.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

I see EI-GEY is plying a few routes now all over the network - MIA, EWR, JFK, YYZ, MCO in the last month. Is she being subbed in frequently I wonder or what’s the best way to get certainty, looking on SeatGuru for Sunday-Monday for example I can’t see any routes with her 2-2-2 config. I just think it would be an awful waste to blow a business class fare and get an angle seat in a pretty crap product when there are alternatives where you can guarantee it (barring something going tech).

EI-GEY was out of service for a few days, didn’t fly for about five days so maybe it got its refit in the end?

EI-RJD, an Avro RJ85, is currently on its way to Rome as EI2404 for likely repainting into the new livery. The crew will possibly fly EI-RJI in its new colours back to Dublin later this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

EI-GEY was out of service for a few days, didn’t fly for about five days so maybe it got its refit in the end?

Negative sir

Bussywussy wrote: »

Negative sir
    Pity but not surprising. If it's not done in time for the summer schedule the airline should make it clearer to business class passengers that the product marketed to them might not be the one they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Shamrockj wrote: »
    I'm guessing these will be the 242 Ton versions for the West coast?

All 4 of the recent deliveries are 242 HGW models

Only 2 are fitted for 8+ hour ops, and typically cover SFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

EI-RJD, an Avro RJ85, is currently on its way to Rome as EI2404 for likely repainting into the new livery. The crew will possibly fly EI-RJI in its new colours back to Dublin later this afternoon.

This isn't Ryanair - I expect there's two Irishmen/women enjoying Rome tonight before a leisurely flight of the shiny "new" bird home tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭billie1b

This isn't Ryanair - I expect there's two Irishmen/women enjoying Rome tonight before a leisurely flight of the shiny "new" bird home tomorrow.

EI only hire Irishmen/women?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement