Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that inexplicably turn you against someone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

People who are married to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

Someone that can't except losing at Fifa / mario kart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

People who cant stand a silence and feel the need to talk non stop about anything just to fill the silence. Drives me mad, especially in the morning when ive a groggy head in work in the canteen. Usually only happens when its just 2 of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    People who cant stand a silence and feel the need to talk non stop about anything just to fill the silence. Drives me mad, especially in the morning when ive a groggy head in work in the canteen. Usually only happens when its just 2 of us.

People who sit in stony, awkward silence in the canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Having a large amount of gum showing above your teeth.Get away from me horse face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

People who think telling me to cheer up is going to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

My son wants to name our baby Turbo when it's born :D

There's a guy in the animal and pet issues forum who took in a kitten, his son wanted to name it Finbarr Cobblepot. Went to a boards vote and guess what name won? :P kids pick the best names.

Google is named after a number. the way the number was named was that a mathematician asked his kid for a name for a really big number and the kid came up with googol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googolplex#History
    In 1938, Edward Kasner's nine-year-old nephew, Milton Sirotta, coined the term googol, which is 10100, then proposed the further term googolplex to be "one, followed by writing zeroes until you get tired". Kasner decided to adopt a more formal definition "because different people get tired at different times and it would never do to have Carnera be a better mathematician than Dr. Einstein, simply because he had more endurance and could write for longer".[1] It thus became standardized to 10(10100).

FYI, I called our dog Paddy when i was a kid. Some kids have a gift for names, I wasn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

People who pronounce the car make Pewgeot instead of Purrgeot Check the latest radio ad...yes you ARE saying it wrong!! Another one is Hyundai.pronounced Huundai NOT Hi-undie Don't believe me? Ask the French and South Koreans
    Yes I do have issues ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

People who try to talk to you in the canteen. I'm eating my lunch and reading my book, I don't want to hear about your budgie's haemorrhoid operation, thanks.

People who profess an 'ironic' love for acts like Abba and Take That (often students). They were pish then, they remain pish and you aren't cool for liking them. Just deeply dull and unimaginative

You've just inspired me to load up a Roxette playlist on spotify.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

waffleman wrote: »
    people who come onto beaches packed with small children in the summer with their fvckin dogs

"ah sure he wouldnt touch anyone" "he's harmless"

d!ckheads

Aren't dogs banned from beaches at certain times of the year? I'd never bring the dogs to a busy beach, just wouldn't be worth the stress :( Plus, we get hardly any nice weather here so I figure let the kids enjoy the bit of sand while they can :D Our dogs much prefer a roam in the forest anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Dog owners who don't put their dog on the lead when approaching and/or make no effort to show they're in control.

Dog owners who don't clean up after their dog - the amount of public space that is ruined by the amount of dog crap. And that includes forests - where children go exploring, people use mountain bikes etc etc. No free passes, pick up after your feckin dog.

People who stay at home in their 30s and 40s and refuse to grow up - relying on Mammy and Daddy to solve their every problem and feed them their every meal.

Lol :) Guilty as charged, although I did live away from home for all of my twenties, and am just here temporarily to save up some college fees and also get my own place. Rather give the money to parents than a LL and I haven't found a tenancy agreement yet where the LL has to cook your dinner and provide doggy daycare :P My brother however is the eternal man child. He has never moved out. My parents have one boomerang and one failure to launch :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Flem31

Anyone who uses the word awesome repeatedly to describe everything they see, do or experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

people who can only talk about themselves, and will call you just to tell you everything going on in their life... I cant even get a "hello" in ..... and they wonder why I ignore the FB messages and missed calls now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Anyone who equates leisure and enjoyment with being drunk or spaced out on drugs.
    Athletes who think admitting they used drugs equates to atonement and reparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭CarPark2

People who talk about either drinking or shopping as if it is a valid hobby, at the same level as playing sport, or reading or even basket weaving!

Drinking is fine as a social lubricant, but the social should be the focus, with the drink as a side issue. Shopping is a means to an end. Elevating either to hobby status marks out the person as somebody that i don't want to know.

Judgetmental? Yes, but that's what this thread is about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭obsidianclock

Steve F wrote: »
    People who pronounce the car make Pewgeot instead of Purrgeot Check the latest radio ad...yes you ARE saying it wrong!! Another one is Hyundai.pronounced Huundai NOT Hi-undie Don't believe me? Ask the French and South Koreans
    Yes I do have issues ;0)

Well said Steve, that gets me too, though my French friends find it funny! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Dog owners who don't clean up after their dog - the amount of public space that is ruined by the amount of dog crap. And that includes forests - where children go exploring, people use mountain bikes etc etc. No free passes, pick up after your feckin dog.

Yes! The people who actually go to the bother of picking it up and then just dump the sh*tbag on the street are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Someone that can't except losing at Fifa / mario kart

Someone who doesn't know the difference between except and accept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Someone who doesn't know the difference between except and accept.

I hear ya no acceptions!

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Dog owners who don't put their dog on the lead when approaching and/or make no effort to show they're in control.

Is that a passive aggressive dig at me perchance?

Idiot parents who allow their offsrping to terrify peoples dogs by running over to then squealing and shouting things like "look at the bow wow! DO you want to touch the bow wow" - it's not a f.ucking bow wow, it's a dog, teach your child to speak properly and also hands off my dog without my permission you freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Probably mentioned but people who wear beats head phones around their neck while walking, i immediately think a d*ckhead who is trying to show off rather than listen to music

Hococop wrote: »
    Probably mentioned but people who wear beats head phones around their neck while walking, i immediately think a d*ckhead who is trying to show off rather than listen to music

Are beats headphones any good? I dont mind paying for stuff that will repay you with quality but overpriced for the sake of being seen with a certain brand is annoying alright

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Prick who wear beanies like this. See these assholes every day.

il_fullxfull.335341793.jpg
    http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mTXIx2bL0Kno47_uTk0kJxQ.jpg

Get a proper size beanie you twat

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Anybody wearing Sports jerseys in any location other than a sports field - I instantly think , "going to be a bit of a dick"

Tattoos - Especially anything on the head,face,neck, chest or back , Basically all tattoos but I might just about to be able to overlook a small one on the upper arm....just.

People who wear hats whilst driving - Either a doddery old git in a flat cap driving a 15km down the centre of the road or a teenaged f**kwit in a 1l crapmobile with No Fear stickers on the side..

Padre Pio stickers on cars - Again , instant twat alert goes off.

Farah Slacks - Ahghh!!!!

Sunday Shirts with Jumpers (usually accompanying the Farah trousers) - Again...Agghhh!!!

Men with overly styled hair - Not any particular style , but any guy who looks like he spends hours fixing his hair every day is immediately knocked back in my mind..

Jesus I'm grumpy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭CarPark2

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Padre Pio stickers on cars - Again , instant twat alert goes off.

Surely the Padre Pio stickers are the preserve of sweet old ladies?
    Have you seen anybody under 60 with those stickers?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

CarPark2 wrote: »
    Surely the Padre Pio stickers are the preserve of sweet old ladies?
    Have you seen anybody under 60 with those stickers?

Yes , yes I have . Granted some of them might be students driving their mothers cars , but I've also seen quite a few people in their 30's and 40's as well....

• Advertisement

People who post random crap on facebook without actually looking at what they're posting.
    An example: someone posted a photo of a child missing in the UK. This person is irish and lives in Ireland. I googled the name and saw that the mother had posted on her facebook page that the child was abducted. However i also saw that it was a year before, the child had been found at her fathers house (she had gone to visit him since her mother wouldn't let her visit him) and the police had asked multiple times for people to stop reposting it.

Another irritant is right wingers who don't recognise the irony of what they're posting. A friend of mine who's a college student in the UK posted up about foreigners coming over and taking jobs, particularly eastern Europeans. This friend is Irish, living and working in the UK and attending a college course that was paid for by the UK government.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement