Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The new regime would be controlled by Saudi Arabia and UAE. There more jihadists in Syria than Syrian free army fighters. Assad got toppled those groups would start fighting among themselves and start a new civil war. Iraq is very different the largest ethnic population in Baghdad is Shia.

So you agree then that Russia was always in Syria and were never going to leave. Well we're making progress :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

gandalf wrote: »
    So you agree then that Russia was always in Syria and were never going to leave. Well we're making progress :)

Russia is ally of Syria after WW2. The base at Tartus in open since 1971

Russia is ally of Syria after WW2. The base at Tartus in open since 1971

So again they were never pulling out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This is getting interesting

So again they were never pulling out ;)

Is America going to pull of its base in Rhineland-Palatinate ( Germany) or pull of its numerous bases around Asia? Russia standing by its ally in a time of crisis why would they? America has set up 9 or 10 makeshift bases in Syria that's an invasion of another country.

• Advertisement

Is America going to pull of its base in Rhineland-Palatinate ( Germany) or pull of its numerous bases around Asia? Russia standing by its ally in a time of crisis why would they? America has set up 9 or 10 makeshift bases in Syria that's an invasion of another country.

Deflection again please Cheerful show some good form and admit you were wrong. Again if you want to discuss other countries and their misdeeds you can start a thread about that.

Is America going to pull of its base in Rhineland-Palatinate ( Germany)

Does putin want want to move back in

Deflection again please Cheerful show some good form and admit you were wrong. Again if you want to discuss other countries and their misdeeds you can start a thread about that.

It, not deflection you asking Russia to abandon its ally Syria. Tartus naval base existed before this crisis started so it's an irrelevant point to bring it up. America bases are new and do you think America is going to leave Syria when Assad wins?

The thread title is The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread. It, not a thread about Putin doing wrong in Syria. But I debate with you guys because everyone has their own viewpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

It, not deflection you asking Russia to abandon its ally Syria. Tartus naval base existed before this crisis started so it's an irrelevant point to bring it up. America bases are new and do you think America is going to leave Syria when Assad wins?

10 bases...more like 10 training camps

No I never said that. I responded to a post where you said that Russia got involved to help the Syrian civilians which I have now shown to be absolute bull****. Russia have been involved with boots on the ground since the 1970s and all their recent actions show is them protecting strategic assets and not thecSyrian people. Again you want to discuss the Yanks etc start a thread about it.

• Advertisement

The thread title is The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

It was a piss take , someone was looking for a little attention ,
    They have being getting it ever since ,

10 bases...more like 10 training camps

Agreed, but these bases are like ones they have set up in Afghanistan.

Agreed, but these bases are like ones they have set up in Afghanistan.

They are operating bases and they are protecting Syrian civilians unlike ass/putin butcher's of Syrians

Gatling wrote: »
    They are operating bases and they are protecting Syrian civilians unlike ass/putin butcher's of Syrians

Uh-huh...they were a bit light on the ground before the Russians got involved,you mean to tell me the biggest and supposedly most advanced army in the world didn't see all those Toyota pick up trucks thundering across the desert and kicking up dust clouds with head choppers hanging off the back of it before that...who are you kidding

No I never said that. I responded to a post where you said that Russia got involved to help the Syrian civilians which I have now shown to be absolute bull****. Russia have been involved with boots on the ground since the 1970s and all their recent actions show is them protecting strategic assets and not thecSyrian people. Again you want to discuss the Yanks etc start a thread about it.

Never said Russia joined the war to help Syrian citizens? I said Russia was asked to join the war and help its ally defeat Isis and other militant jihadists groups who were destroying Syrian cities, towns and villages.

Tartus is a naval base to land troops and refuels ships and dock. Russia is using mostly air power to defeat the Jihadists. Tartus does not facilitate airstrips and runways for aircraft to take off and land.

Uh-huh...they were a bit light on the ground before the Russians got involved,you mean to tell me the biggest and supposedly most advanced army in the world didn't see all those Toyota pick up trucks thundering across the desert and kicking up dust clouds with head choppers hanging off the back of it before that...who are you kidding

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ah the usual Russia is the bad guy stint by west and there cohorts in the media. Gallup done a survey a few years back, it wasnt Russia who was voted as the greatest threat to world peace with three times the amount of votes to there nearest rivals in 2nd place who was Pakistan. Can anybody guess who was top?

lol

Funny how did russia who were already on the ground and the asssads own security services missed this too ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Even the BBC has given up pretending that NATO is fighting terrorism.
    The only thing that surprises me about this article is how it got passed British Government censorship. Worth reading.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/raqqas_dirty_secret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ah the usual Russia is the bad guy stint by west and there cohorts in the media. Gallup done a survey a few years back, it wasnt Russia who was voted as the greatest threat to world peace with three times the amount of votes to there nearest rivals in 2nd place who was Pakistan. Can anybody guess who was top?

That crowd?

• Advertisement

Even the BBC has given up pretending that NATO is fighting terrorism.
    The only thing that surprises me about this article is how it got passed British Government censorship. Worth reading.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/raqqas_dirty_secret

As this thread shows there are some that believe the US and its cohorts are there out of some humanitarian reasons....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Just imagine if your man doesnt get reelected

Hell to pay

Teach 'em not to do it again - order Moscow nuked ?

Videos of russian election officials stuffing ballot boxes despite putin having no opposition allowed to run ,

Only in russia

Videos of russian election officials stuffing ballot boxes despite putin having no opposition allowed to run ,
    Amazing that this video has reached western audiences so quickly.
    It was probably filmed about a week ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

As this thread shows there are some that believe the US and its cohorts are there out of some humanitarian reasons....

It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the Turkish backed "rebels" are the same cohort.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

70% + of the vote in favor of Putin.

He's a popular man, like all dictators.

70% + of the vote in favor of Putin.

He's a popular man, like all dictators.

And he still needed to cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Amazing that this video has reached western audiences so quickly.
    It was probably filmed about a week ago.

It takes less than a second for data to be transmitted from Russia to basically anywhere in the world.

I's pretty impressive. I believe they call it "The Internet". I think it might catch on.

And he still needed to cheat
    Proof ??
    Oh I just realised that you never provide proof of anything, no links, no sources, nothing.

• Advertisement

Oh I just realised

The internet .

It's not new though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement