Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

gandalf wrote: »
    Again deflection. Russia upgraded the base in Tartus in 2009 so far from closing it down they were expanding its use.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russian-military-personnel-pull-out-of-syria-naval-base/

Gatling wrote: »
    Was speaking at an event and someone took a 2min section of the video and edited to suit an agenda .

Not for the first time either

What agenda Biden clearly said US allies armed Jihadists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Discodog wrote: »
    Well if it's ok for Assad to invite the Russians, why can't the Kurds invite the Americans ?

Can you find a source for me on that invite? Seems the Americans made a move when they seen their plans for regime change turn into ashes...ah well there is always the human rights abuses going on next door in palestine to sort out,oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What agenda

The same one your repeating blame everyone else for Syria bar assputin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Can you find a source for me on that invite? Seems the Americans made a move when they seen their plans for regime change turn into ashes...ah well there is always the human rights abuses going on next door in palestine to sort out,oh wait

Cheerful Spring said it so it must be true :D

• Advertisement

Cheerful Spring said it so it must be true :D

In fact Gatling said it,but I'm still waiting on a link,I've a feeling I'll be waiting a while..

The same one your repeating blame everyone else for Syria bar assputin

This claim is made by Biden the former vice president of the United States. The position I hold is confirmed US allies armed Jihadists to overthrow Assad. It knows longer a conspiracy when both sides have that similar viewpoint.

Like the Kurds inviting the US into Syria?

Actually you said it.

Actually you said it.

It was posted in another thread yesterday,when I asked him who invited the US into Syria anyways,he told me the Kurds...it was at this point I knew he was making stuff up to suit his view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Actually you said it.

Nice try...its was Gatlinganda with no link to back it up

• Advertisement

America is allowing Turkey to invade Kurdish captured regions in Northern Syria now so I doubt the Kurds are happy with their so-called allies. A disgrace really after their valiant effort beating Isis. Russia should be ashamed also not condemning this.

America is allowing Turkey to invade Kurdish captured regions in Northern Syria now so I doubt the Kurds are happy with their so-called allies. A disgrace really after their valiant effort beating Isis. Russia should be ashamed also not condemning this.

That's what happens when you jump into bed with the US

Kurds are happy with their so-called allies. A disgrace really after their valiant effort beating Isis.

Wait wasn't the narrative russia beat Isis .

Odd another swing

I think all sides should tell Turkey to stop it. Russia and America are letting this happen I think is a disgrace.

Careful now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Dinarius wrote: »
    This is indeed a thread about Putin. So, if someone makes a valid point about/against him, don’t talk about how something else may be even worse - refute the point made, or shut up.

D.
    But but but... that's not how whataboutism works?

Now let me tell you something about Obama... (I say this as a joke but can almost guarantee one of our peculiarly pro-everything-and-anything-Putin-related-ever friends will do so with as straight a face as Uncle Vladdy himself).

Wait wasn't the narrative russia beat Isis .

Odd another swing

Russia helped the process of defeating Isis in Syria. Russia air campaign bombing Isis allowed the Syrian army to make rapid advances and retake Isis territory. Isis is not defeated though they are regrouping in Afganistan, Africa and Libya. Isis fighters are still surviving in remote areas of Syria.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

So you're saying the Russians upgrade the base to only pull out their personal a couple of years later. https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20090720/177967779.html

Funny how there are reports of Russian special forces being based there a year before.
    http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/03/19/201791.html

I call maskirovka ;)

Russia helped the process of defeating Isis in Syria. Russia air campaign bombing Isis allowed the Syrian army to make rapid advances

But are still under siege in many parts odd considering

Kurds closest ally in the region was the US. America paid and armed Kurdish fighters to fight Isis. It was a betrayal and how easily they got ignored when Turkey started attacking them. Americans are not dependable allies.

• Advertisement

So you're saying the Russians upgrade the base to only pull out their personal a couple of years later. https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20090720/177967779.html

Funny how there are reports of Russian special forces being based there a year before.
    http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/03/19/201791.html

I call maskirovka ;)

Russian military pulling out is a redraw. Your first link is from 2009 when Syria was at peace. The second link is 2012

The link I posted is from 2013, more current information.

Personnally Cheerful I don't see the Russians giving up their only Mediterranean base so easily and their recent actions prove that. Again the Russians weren't invited in, they were already there.

But are still under siege in many parts odd considering

Isis does not control cities in Syria anymore. In ghouta Syria forces are fighting , Jaysh al-Islam (Al Qaeda) and Tahrir al-Sham. Their reports now the groups are fighting among themselves now.

Latest news.
    Militants from radical groups Faylaq al-Rahman have cut their ties with the Tahrir al-Sham terrorist organization with the aim to leave Eastern Ghouta. It is also reported that several clashes occurred between militants of the two groups. The decision to split was taken after a number of demonstrations in the town of Kafr Batna. According to local sources, citizens of the town who have been suffering from the war every day demanded that the jihadists leave the region. Many of them believe that the terrorists’ withdrawal will finally bring peace to Eastern Ghouta.

Isis does not control cities in Syria anymore. In ghouta Syria forces are fighting , Jaysh al-Islam (Al Qaeda) and Tahrir al-Sham. Their reports now the groups are fighting among themselves now.

Latest news.

According to who

Personnally Cheerful I don't see the Russians giving up their only Mediterranean base so easily and their recent actions prove that. Again the Russians weren't invited in, they were already there.

Definitely not now they have expanded the base now after joining the war.

According to who

According to who what?

That's the problem when you invite the Bear to your home.

They never were going to leave. Although if Assad got toppled the new regime would no doubt have dealt with the actors that had aided him to stay in power. Hence the real reason for Russia upping it's direct involvement in Syria. They are propping up their puppet.

They never were going to leave. Although if Assad got toppled the new regime would no doubt have dealt with the actors that had aided him to stay in power. Hence the real reason for Russian upping it's direct involvement in Syria. They are propping up their puppet.

The new regime would be controlled by Saudi Arabia and UAE. There more jihadists in Syria than Syrian free army fighters. Assad got toppled those groups would start fighting among themselves and start a new civil war. Iraq is very different the largest ethnic population in Baghdad is Shia.

• Advertisement

They never were going to leave. Although if Assad got toppled the new regime would no doubt have dealt with the actors that had aided him to stay in power. Hence the real reason for Russia upping it's direct involvement in Syria. They are propping up their puppet.

Plus Russia needs bases as it doesn't have the carriers to match the US, China etc. The US can have an airbase anywhere in the World. The B2s that bombed Iraq flew from the US mainland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement