Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 11/02/2015 to date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

baldbear wrote: »
    No one is going to bother reducing water until its metered.

Phillip will ask for a shower picture.

I'm pretty confident I'm coming in under the cap as it stands - not that the saving will be worth a damn as it'll be a few euros a quarter max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I'm having dirty thoughts too...her having a dump!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Oh God, could we not have a pyramid selling scheme or something? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

100 bucket fills will be about 1000 litres, that will save the grand sum of just under €5, I suppose it would keep you fit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

1000 words in lieu of 50

Yawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

my friend wrote: »
    1000 words in lieu of 50

Yawn

Understandable when you are normally paid by the word!

M

This is going to be a long call getting to the point....

This is going to be a long call getting to the point....

And here's another

When PBH is on, are the 'researchers' instructed to only allow boring people through?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,910 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'll be spending it on coke and hookers.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
    M

In England you don't pay for your water on your motor tax, VAT and VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭baldbear

But we already pay through vat and our motor tax. Bla bla bla.

25 quid a week?

Ken's not quite au fait with this modrin stuff.

Ken has a touch of the auld narcolepsy, methinks!

M

Ray has mastered the buttons, wohoo.

So I registered with Irish Water, input all the correct details yet they have fûcked it up, they want to charge me for water from my well.

I was very careful when I registered that I was only applying to be a wastewater customer.

Today the bill arrives and they are double charging me, they have my DD info so now unless I take the time to contact them they will simply take my money.

Wonder how much time this will take?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

She pays 1200pounds a year and everybody pays it.Yea right ,i say she forgot to tell us about the stud farm she lives on in Kent .

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

bigroad wrote: »
    She pays 1200pounds a year and everybody pays it.Yea right ,i say she forgot to tell us about the stud farm she lives on in Kent .
    Yes but what ye are all forgetting about, we pay, well I do, nearly 3,000euro a year in UNIVERSIAL SOCIAL CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Yes but what ye are all forgetting about, we pay, well I do, nearly 3,000euro a year in UNIVERSIAL SOCIAL CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UK Income Tax + National Insurance is pretty much the same as our Income Tax + PRSI + USC

UK then has painful council tax - 3k a year wouldn't be a big house - and water bills (to a private firm) up the wazoo, as well as dearer fuel and some other stuff.

Cheaper shops don't mean a lower cost of living by any means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,927 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What was that girl's point about (her mother's) water bill? :confused:

It sounded exactly right to me, according to what the lovely Elizabeth Arnett has been repeating ad nauseum on every news bulletin for the last week.

Was she just complaining about having got a bill in the first place, or was there actually a problem with it?

She redressed the balance somewhat from all those Mammies who ring in on behalf of their poor son/daughter who has been hard done by. I'd say Mammy may be less than impressed when she gets back from her holliers to find that a) her daughter has been opening her post, and b) been on national radio telling the entire country their toilet/bathroom etiquette :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I dont know about anybody else but I've some pain in my face listening to the teachers and their unions over the past week.... The largest economic crisis in the country and not one teacher was let go, not even the worst of them.. and we all know there are very bad teachers.... And still they complain.....

Jan O'Sullivan is the only one who comes out of this whole thing with any credibility, she's a strong person and a good speaker..

M

I dont know about anybody else but I've some pain in my face listening to the teachers and their unions over the past week.... The largest economic crisis in the country and not one teacher was let go, not even the worst of them.. and we all know there are very bad teachers.... And still they complain.....

Jan O'Sullivan is the only one who comes out of this whole thing with any credibility, she's a strong person and a good speaker..

The standard or teaching for Irish is terrible for a country where it's supposed to be the official language, there's outdated teaching methods and stories and scripts that would appeal to children aged about 10 back in 1970 being given to 17 year olds doing their leaving certificate. It's a non change organisation just like the nurses who hold the country to ransom and back in the dark ages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

1346 and no liveline

edit: there we ago, it's PBH

Inshuredance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I wonder will Joe show up tomorrow for a surprise FF :pac:

M

www.mibi.ie/ is all she needs, a fund where the uninsured are covered, no need for a 1 hour problem solving exercise where there is no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭furiousox

Not interested.
    Hello Spotify.

CPL 593H

Irish soccer mom

• Advertisement

PBH is getting as bad as Joe with irrelevant details of the story!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement