Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 11/02/2015 to date

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭2Bints1Joe

Sleeping while standing up is a bit of a stable life

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

2Bints1Joe wrote: »
    Sleeping while standing up is a bit of a stable life

That would explain the nightmares!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I feel sorry for her but this is sending me asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 20,114 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

sounds awful really. what drug and for what are they taking about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Tis a great country altogether.........

• Advertisement

Sounds frightening

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You got to love the HSE, they sign a deal to purchase drugs from a company and agree to a indemnity clause signed as part of an advance-purchase agreement. They might has well bought the drugs from a lad on Ebay...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/state-indemnified-drug-firm-behind-swine-flu-vaccine-26726426.html
    The State indemnified British drug company GlaxoSmithKline from liability from any side effects associated with the swine flu vaccine Pandemrix, which has been linked with the disabling sleeping disorder narcolepsy.

The indemnity clause, signed as part of an advance-purchase agreement, means that any legal actions that might be taken by people alleging a link between narcolepsy and Pandemrix will have to be lodged against the State.

2smiggy wrote: »

Pandemerix was the flu vaccine they brought out for the swine flu, (which turned out to be a completely overhyped non-problem).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

One of the two swine flu vaccines.

State was told they couldn't buy it unless they indemnified the manufacturer against side effects, panic had set in so they bought it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I think I've heard their story before... Ask them do they see a guy wearing a striped jumper when they go asleep...

A-Nighmare-on-Elm-Street-4-poster.jpg

• Advertisement

My OH. Has often threatened to douse me with a bucket of water when I fall asleep on the couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭baldbear

The big pharma involved in this vaccine were in too much of a hurry to make money to properly investigate it. They also used experts that were in their pockets to do the tests.

These kids lives are ruined because of greed.

Glaxo Smith Kline invoked a 2007 government indemnity scheme with the HSE which means, we the tax payer will be paying the compensation costs.

Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Roger_007 wrote: »
    My OH. Has often threatened to douse me with a bucket of water when I fall asleep on the couch!
    There's be none of that when the water charges come in

L1011 wrote: »
    One of the two swine flu vaccines.

State was told they couldn't buy it unless they indemnified the manufacturer against side effects, panic had set in so they bought it anyway.

:eek::eek: who in their right mind would have agreed to this. That is pure madness. Like someone said, the government may as well bought the drugs on ebay and send the money to Nigeria by western union

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

"Quite a big package".........oooeerrrrr!!!!

M

baldbear wrote: »
    The big pharma involved in this vaccine were in too much of a hurry to make money to properly investigate it. They also used experts that were in their pockets to do the tests.

These kids lives are ruined because of greed.

Glaxo Smith Kline invoked a 2007 government indemnity scheme with the HSE which means, we the tax payer will be paying the compensation costs.

Sickening.

It's a crazy indemnity they agreed to when peoples lives are at stake, if I ordered parts for my car there's no way I would agree to a pre purchase agreement to indemnify the supplier for any defects from the correct use of their product.

OMG !! Incorrect water bill sent out shocker !! On the first day as well , mad stuff altogether

M

I don't get why you pay the same amount for the waste supply per litre as the water going in. If you use the water on your garden or to wash your car they are not disposing of it. They should have a seperate metre measuring the water going out.

A big pair of jocks was in it Phillip.

Livelinetube with big packages and checking the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,910 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I see Joe has left a buke of matty matticks on the studio desk.
    "A quarterly bill of €65 is €190 per year."
    "No, it's €230."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

:eek::eek: who in their right mind would have agreed to this. That is pure madness. Like someone said, the government may as well bought the drugs on ebay and send the money to Nigeria by western union

An utterly panicked government convinced by all and sundry - including the World Health Organisation - that we were all going to die of swine flu; and with only two vaccine makers they could buy from. One of which was awkward to handle once recombined from memory (it was a long time ago) so was of little use for GP surgeries or really anything except mass vaccination clinics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah sure she need'nt worry about maths, is'nt she doing law, that explains it all...

I don't get why you pay the same amount for the waste supply per litre as the water going in. If you use the water on your garden or to wash your car they are not disposing of it. They should have a seperate metre measuring the water going out.

But then you would also have to have a turd metre.:D

M

That soapy water would wreck the internals of a toilet.

Nobody in their right mind would want to fit, service or de-clog that meter when it jammed though.

Surface water drainage is actually an issue also but its the case in some countries that people with larger grass gardens pay less for sewage due to the amount of rainwater that drains to their garden, not the drains.
    That soapy water would wreck the internals of a toilet.

Cistern-top sinks have existed for years and work fine. The seals inside the cistern may be hardened up a bit, that's all.

M

But then you would also have to have a turd metre.:D

Pay by weight, coming to a sewer near you :D

No one is going to bother reducing water until its metered.

Phillip will ask for a shower picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,910 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

a turd metre.:D
    ... and that's a lot of sheet.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement