Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest moment on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Lads I was just joking about the littlest hobo getting run over by an 18 wheeler. He went off into the sunset in the last episode for more adventures :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Animals of farthing wood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Lads I was just joking about the littlest hobo getting run over by an 18 wheeler. He went off into the sunset in the last episode for more adventures :D

Alls well with the world again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Alls well with the world again.

In his last episode Hobo finds an undetonated World War II bomb.

The episode descriptions are on his wikipedia page - some of them are hilarious:D
    Hobo joins forces with inept private eye Rex Badger, who perfected his style watching old movies. As Badger plods through a series of comic clues, Hobo keeps several steps ahead of him and enables him to finally put the pieces together and wind up with the credit.

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

The end of The Deer Hunter. Poor Nick. :(

Also, the end of Valkyrie, when all of the main players are executed for their roles in the July 20 Plot. Heartbreaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

In Grey's Anatomy season 5, the scene where the lift opened and George O'Malley appeared dapper in a military uniform. Just knew straight away. Crushed my heart that entire week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Redser87 wrote: »
    When Amy Pond
    leaves the Doctor so that she can be with Rory ... Raggedy Man... Goodbye.... And the gravestones
    :(

Feck ya all for having me in tears. Doctor Who has made me cry a few times but this was the real heartbreaker.

Also in this season when Clara talks to Matt on the phone....bawled my eyes out.

Another big tear jerker for me this year was the 2nd last episode of The Newsroom when
    Charlie dies
    . Then I cried again when I heard it was not being renewed for the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oyva bigwan

Adam & Paul ending

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

A little part of my childhood died with that joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

The end of the original Lassie when the exhausted and battered dog drags itself from the house and limps to the school to see the kid. I have to leave the room...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

According to wiki, in the last episode he found an undetonated WWII bomb. In Canada....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Jhrs funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Dinosaurs :( Too sad and so much to much to take at such a young age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Michael and Dukie's last scene together in the wire.

The ending of breaking bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Citroen2cv

The Blackadder cast going "over the top", in the final episode of Blackader IV.

The Final scene of "Godfather III", michaels daughter getting shot, and then himself dying a lonely man a few years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Grissom in CSI talking about Warrick in the Funeral episode.

Also the Kids in Dungeons and Dragons never getting home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

efb wrote: »
    The Animals of farthing wood

Game of Thrones has nothing on that for deaths.
    Like this animal? Dead! This one? Dead! This group? Dead dead dead!
    DEAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Game of Thrones has nothing on that for deaths.
    Like this animal? Dead! This one? Dead! This group? Dead dead dead!
    DEAD!

Hated that show. I still remember the scene where a bird (shrike) had impaled a rake of baby mice on a blackthorn bush.

The road with Viggo Mortensen is wall to wall depressing. Felt like cutting myself after.

Haven't heard much from him lately....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

The end of Band of Brothers where Major Winters talks about the letter Mike Ranney sent him;

"I cherish the memories of a question my grandson asked me the other day when he said, 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said 'No... but I served in a company of heroes.'"

I get a lump in my throat every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

FS OP, I had that scene well out of my memory... eventually, and now you've just made me sad all over again! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

The Royle family where grandma dies.......powerful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

3rdDegree wrote: »
    The end of the original Lassie when the exhausted and battered dog drags itself from the house and limps to the school to see the kid. I have to leave the room...

There was some show on years ago that had a dog trainer on it and he was extremely dubious as to the methods used to get the dog to limp so convincingly given those were the days before Animal Welfare representatives were on set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

The Late Late Show the Friday after 9/11 - When Pat Kenny spoke to the family of an Irish victim and Brian Kennedy sang (can't for the life of me remember the song but it the lyrics were similar to "But You Didn't" the Merrill Glass poem) I sobbed then at the end Paul Brady sang The Island really softly and the last poignant word "FREEDOM" Goosebumps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Apologies if said already, but the first 10 minutes of UP.

FLOODS, every time.

And the end of Gallipoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    The Final scene of "Godfather III", michaels daughter getting shot, and then himself dying a lonely man a few years later.

SPOILER ALERT!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Tommy getting killed by Falconeti (?) in Rich Man Poor Man (Long Time ago)

Bruce Willis dying in Armageddon.(Admittedly I was going through an emotional time in my life)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

When they announced Steve Irwin's death . Such a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

The Michael Buerk report on the Ethiopian famine in 1984.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Does anyone remember when John Noakes (ex Blue Peter) was being interviewed in the late 80s and was asked how his dog Shep was doing. He then broke down crying and said that Shep had passed away a few days before hand!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

DubiousV wrote: »
    I have a message. Lieutenant Colonel... Henry Blake's plane... was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors.

M.A.S.H.

I can't take that show seriously since Family Guy parodied the scene where Hawkeye remembers telling that woman to make the chicken (baby) be quiet.

Advertisement