Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest moment on TV

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oyva bigwan

They took are jabs,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Really sad moment from fiction tv is in South Park.
    Stan’s parents are divorcing and he gets depression or something and gradually everything turns to ****. It is crude of course but when Stevie Nicks starts in the background… so sad.
    In spite of the toilet humour (hello the best!) it really manages to convey accurately that feeling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭johnohanlon

Casey getting shot in Home & Away, I haven't been able to watch the show since it occured.

Dee dying in Neighbours in 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oyva bigwan

When norbit was forced to marry rasputia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Ayrton Sennas crash at Imola and seeing the car wreckage and knowing his injuries are going to be massive. I cried when I heard he died.
    Senna always gets mentioned when discussing F1 deaths. But everytime I hear of his name, I always, always think of Roger Williamson's fatal accident. The incredibly heartbreaking scenes as friend and fellow driver David Purley, upon witnessing Roger's accident, pulled over and abandoned his own race in a bid to try and save his friend. Roger wasn't actually seriously injured from the crash but was trapped in his burning car and it was a race against time.
    It's all desperately sad and infuriating, but Purley's walking away at the end hits me. Such a helpless, heartbreaking walk. What he now calls the saddest day of his life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Bridie Greene's land in Roscommon getting covered by floods

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

**** this thread gave me a real crap start to the day. ****ing Stevie Nicks 'Landslide' and the Williamson incident. :(

How depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

It was already mentioned but the scene in Buffy when she finds her mother's body, and Giles runs in and the she shouts out "they said don't touch the body!" and it all finally hits home. Heartbreaking.

Greys Anatomy when they realise that it's George on the table.

When Doyle died a hero in Angel. Also Cordelia.

A lot of moments in Scrubs, particularly Ben's funeral and when Dr Cox accidently killed a few patients.

Edit to add Ellen and her daughters sacrifice in Supernatural. Took me by surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Saddest moment on TV

When JR got shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

David The Gnome dying

He died?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

The LLS Omagh tribute in 1998. Can't find any clips of it online but here's one of U2 performing on the night. Back when even their b-sides were brilliant songs:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yQ5V5Fb18k

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Watership Down. Left me fecking traumatised as a youngster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

When Chris McCandless eats the poisonous plants in the movie Into The Wild, and knows he has no chance of rescue and will die. I had a tear in my eye, let me tell ya!
    Think I found it all the more emotional because it's a true story..............

TV wise, I remember years ago being very upset when Geoff (the leader) from Byker Grove died in an explosion.

The 9/11 bombings got to me aswell. Watching the planes crash and towers collapse and knowing that I'd just witnessed the deaths of thousands of people made me cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

Brassed Off
    Gets me every time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching Brian Lenehan junior fade away before our eyes. You had to feel for him and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Half way through the final series of Parenthood and you just know that there is some sadness on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Probably some funeral or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Probably some funeral or other.

Yup Zeek looks most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

The LLS Omagh tribute in 1998. Can't find any clips of it online but here's one of U2 performing on the night. Back when even their b-sides were brilliant songs:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yQ5V5Fb18k

Yeah big time! I remember looking at it 11 years of age and I can still somewhat recall the words a woman who had family members killed on RTE news on the broadcast. It was something like 'whoever you are how can you justify this?' while crying. It was heartbreaking.

U2 superbowl halftime show after 9/11. The drop of Edge's electric guitar is amazing and gives you shudders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

For me, one of the most distressing things I have ever seen is the Bradford City fire. The speed at which the fire took hold was shocking, but the worst part was around 5:57 when a man emerges onto the pitch fully engulfed in flames, and he is still walking as people desperately try to put out the flames. He died the next day in hospital. This is definitely NSFW, and I'd advise against watching it if you're easily upset. After watching this video, I started to pay very close attention to where the fire exits are around me when I'm in a new building, and especially nightclubs:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭newport2

The first episode of the first reality tv show has to trump it. The birth of years of cheap sh1te TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

You've Been Framed when the cat could not get his head out of the carton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

For me, one of the most distressing things I have ever seen is the Bradford City fire. The speed at which the fire took hold was shocking, but the worst part was around 5:57 when a man emerges onto the pitch fully engulfed in flames, and he is still walking as people desperately try to put out the flames. He died the next day in hospital. This is definitely NSFW, and I'd advise against watching it if you're easily upset. After watching this video, I started to pay very close attention to where the fire exits are around me when I'm in a new building, and especially nightclubs:

Plenty of classy people attended that match. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

When Oskar Schindler left the Jews to run from the Russians, and breaks down at the fact that he wasted so much money and could have saved more people... :(

Advertisement