Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest moment on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Saralee4 wrote: »
    awh poor Rowley, never seen that side to him before :(

Yeah its the sudden realization that he wasted his live over alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The cartoon Animal Farm when the horse was taken away to be killed as his friend the donkey watched on unable to help him, remember watching that as a kid and bawling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sproutbrussl

Yea the Champ did it for me too, i remember being with some relatives and i was crying and trying not too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

DubiousV wrote: »
    I have a message. Lieutenant Colonel... Henry Blake's plane... was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors.

M.A.S.H.

Just cried. Gets me every time.

Dr Mark Green dying in ER.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The West Wing had some real heartbreakers.
    Mrs Landingham speaking about her twin sons, killed in Vietnam. Her death when she was driving home from the garage in the first new car she had ever owned and was hit by a drunk driver.

Toby, when his heavily pregnant wife rejects his marriage proposal, telling him he is too cynical and cold. Richard Schiff really showed how deeply hurt he was by this, asking if his friends felt the same way. What an amazing actor.

And the death of Leo McGarry, made incredibly sad by the fact that the actor, John Spencer, had died in real life. I find it hard to watch the scenes where he had a heart attack in the show a couple of years previously. The funeral scenes, where so many previous stars of the show came back to pay tribute. Josh grieving for the loss of his surrogate father and mentor. And the final episode where President Bartlet remembers his friend, the man who inspired him to greatness. Martin Sheen was very close to John Spencer, and it's clear that although he's a great actor, not much acting was needed to show the pain of his grief

Ah jaysus, I finished a rewatch before Christmas but now I think I'm going to have to start all over again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

The Never Ending Story quote : - "Bastian! .... Please!, ... Save us!....."

1:18 into the clip!

Note: I haven't read all this thread, so sorry if it has been mentioned before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Yea the Champ did it for me too, i remember being with some relatives and i was crying and trying not too.

We definitely need to start some kind of support group for those traumatised by The Champ.

Would somebody, for God's sake, wake him up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

The last scene in All Dogs Go To Heaven, "Chaaaaarlieeeee it's time to come home now!" :(

That movie still gives me a lump in my throat, 22 years after I first seen it on video as a kid, that should not be shown to children!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

As a fully grown man who is known to have had dry eyes at even the saddest moments in my life I have no problem in saying that the Have you seen john scene in the movie Red Dog had me weeping like I was missing my mother in the crib.

Dogs really are my weak spot...

Here is the scene, though if you have not seen the movie I implore you to watch it and not spoil a major part of the movie by watching this scene. It is a fine piece of cinema. A wild ride of emotions going from great laughs to those scenes like this one which will touch you. Watch it. Even watching the scene below without actually going through the journey of the relationship being built between the characters and the dog it will not hit you as hard but still, I guarantee you it will still hit you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kHmyZUEHg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

The ending of David the gnome. I still remember it after all these years.

I was really upset when Chris died in Oz. The romantic in me had always hoped Chris and Tobias would live happily ever after. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

WE'RE GOING ON A FEELS TRIP!

The 'superman' scene from the Iron Giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

The end of The Green Mile when innocent John Coffey is in the electric chair and he says "I tried to take it back Boss but it was too late" Just got to me cause he was such a simple gentle giant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

office uk christmas special....Dawn just appearing in the background...Garth's face....ah lads....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What's the saddest moment on the TV? For me its got to be fry's dog waiting in vain for him to return, it really hits hard in the feels.:(

This one makes me cry every time... so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

m*a*s*h for me has so many emotional scenes. b.j crying over missing his daughter after she called radar daddy at the airport.

hawkeye's speech after his friend passed away on him on the table, it was an early episode because henry was still in it

hawkeye's emotional breakdown in the series finale

henry's plane being shot down over the sea of japan.

i just love m*a*s*h

the ending to marley and me. i can't watch the last half hour, it gets too much for me.

the lion king when simba tries to wake his dad up.

the opening ten mins of UP! seriously was not expecting that one at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Princess Diana's death and funeral:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Ayrton Sennas crash at Imola and seeing the car wreckage and knowing his injuries are going to be massive. I cried when I heard he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Princess Diana's death and funeral:(

Ah come on?! The over wrought reaction was hilarious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

One I found worse than Fry's dog was when he is put into his mothers dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Don't talk to me about fair!
    This was the first time I began to view TV as equal to movies. I was in forever after this.

The way you don't even see the dad. Brutal stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Whenever Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel comes on during Reeling in the Years, you just know some poignantly sad historic event is about to be recalled.

They play music current to the year they are covering on that show... So that song should only be in one episode - 1965.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

rsl1976 wrote: »
    When Butch died in Emmerdale. It hadn't been leaked that he was leaving which was unusual

Gennie's death really upset me. Had no idea she was going to be killed.
    Was looking forward to storylines of herself, Nikhil and Baby Molly as they
    started their new life in The Grange. Was surprised at my reaction! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

That first episode of Pokemon with Ash and Pikachu when Pikachu is like dying and and Ash is trying to protect him

Also, the Going to America episode of Father Ted when they're doing the montage and you realise that's it...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Sophia's death in the walking dead

Ghost whisperer (blaming female preggie hormones of this one)

Long island medium ( Just feel so sorry for those in pain after loved one passes away)

That event in the Good Wife- sniff sniff

When the little girl dies in the Grave of the Fireflies.

9/11 and the sight of people falling from the towers will always stay with me
    zeebrugge ferry disaster
    Anything on the Holocaust
    The stardust
    Eric Moussambani in the 2000 olympics who could barely swim the lengths, he was struggling, super to see him finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dr conrad murray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

I remember Schindlers List. The movie was in black and white. They highlight a little girl about age 4. Her coat is bright red. You see her a few times randomly in the movie. She walks around lost so innocently.

Later you see her red coat again but she is dead. It's really sad. Even though you see horrible treatment throughout the movie. The little girl in the red coat stands out to you so much against the black and white.

Also I remember in The Pianist. They are starving and I think they drop the bowl of food on the ground. They are so hungry they start eating it off the ground desparetly. I remember that actually made me cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Sky News Live Coverage of the 9/11 attacks.

I was numb from watching it as it showed the 2nd plane crashing into the 2nd tower.

I will never forget it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

watching the french brother's documentary on 9/11 i still get chills down my spine when i hear the glass break when people are falling from the towers. those images on the papers the following day still haunt me.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I would also like to also mention the Hillsborough disaster which was covered by Rte :(

R.I.P to the 96 that died that day.

Part One.

Part Two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

War Horse - so many sad scenes in that! :(
    Beautiful film, though!!
    Particularly heartbreaking when Joey was originally sold to the Army
    Officer, who was going to ride him into the war. :(

Advertisement