Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, what's next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well done on the dress yay

Do not worry about the weight it will show, I find I lose body fat and inches but weight can stay the same or up a pound on the scales esp if I increase my training and feeling the normal akes and pains associated with it

Just remember what the scales won't show you what is going on inside your body
    When we exercise we know our muscles develop small micro tears and our body responds by increase fluid around our muscles http://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/whats-happening-in-your-blood-after-a-workout

So even if you have had a good week of eating but have exercised a lot you can see a gain or a sts because of that fluid, but its better overall you lose inches tone up and eventually it does show on the scales.

well so I have found, I have been trying to lose about 2 pounds since Christmas I hope my hard work shows this week FX, but I have dropped a dress size even if the scales disagree's since Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Baby75 wrote: »
    Well done on the dress yay

Do not worry about the weight it will show, I find I lose body fat and inches but weight can stay the same or up a pound on the scales esp if I increase my training and feeling the normal akes and pains associated with it

Just remember what the scales won't show you what is going on inside your body
    When we exercise we know our muscles develop small micro tears and our body responds by increase fluid around our muscles http://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/whats-happening-in-your-blood-after-a-workout

So even if you have had a good week of eating but have exercised a lot you can see a gain or a sts because of that fluid, but its better overall you lose inches tone up and eventually it does show on the scales.

well so I have found, I have been trying to lose about 2 pounds since Christmas I hope my hard work shows this week FX, but I have dropped a dress size even if the scales disagree's since Christmas!

Thanks very much for all of that.

I must confess, I haven't really tried to lose the weight. It starts now. I even had an apple today instead of those delicious Toffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

aquinn wrote: »
    Thanks very much for all of that.

I must confess, I haven't really tried to lose the weight. It starts now. I even had an apple today instead of those delicious Toffees.

No problem :) fair play! I hope you enjoyed the apple

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

A, you have a pound that keeps coming and going .... take comfort in the fact that I have half a stone that keeps coming and going :D

You're really nailing those sessions.

.... and you said yes to the dress, very happy for you :)

Neady83 wrote: »
    A, you have a pound that keeps coming and going .... take comfort in the fact that I have half a stone that keeps coming and going :D

.... and you said yes to the dress, very happy for you :)

Ha, it's a pound on top of the half a stone to be ideal but to lose a few pounds would be nice.

Just had two digestives, oops. That was because of the salad at lunch though so really unavoidable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Neady83 wrote: »
    A, you have a pound that keeps coming and going .... take comfort in the fact that I have half a stone that keeps coming and going biggrin.png

.... and you said yes to the dress, very happy for you smile.png

Yeah, that's probably the weight of your trail runners after a run biggrin.pngbiggrin.png
    Ha, it's a pound on top of the half a stone to be ideal but to lose a few pounds would be nice.

Just had two digestives, oops. That was because of the salad at lunch though so really unavoidable.

I was giving up junk for lent, determined to shift the half a stone that keeps coming (no sign of it leaving again...), it seems lent ended the day after it started pacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Saturday - Tolka Valley inaugural parkrun. Collected by Mr & Mrs Murph we headed over to Dublin's newest parkrun.

Eh... Excuse me??????? :confused:
    Always great to volunteer at parkrun but the Junior one is just brilliant.

Isn't it though... thanks for coming out!!

annapr wrote: »
    Eh... Excuse me??????? :confused:

Isn't it though... thanks for coming out!!

Apologies Miss/Mrs P. I'm actually not sure which one it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

:eek:

Ms. Anna will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Murph_D wrote: »
    :eek:

Ms. Anna will do.

Sounds like a character out of a Clint Eastwood western that D!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

OOnegative wrote: »
    Sounds like a character out of a Clint Eastwood western that D!!!

I’ll say nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Nice running today, well done.

Thanks B, thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Thanks B, thrilled.

WOW and well you should be, that is some running :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Thanks B, thrilled.

well done missis

annapr wrote: »
    well done missis

Thanks. Bit disappointed now I'm not broken today. Feel perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Oh no, is she ok?

How are you doing yourself? Delighted to see you starting back.

You'll get the weight off again, we all need a binge period and then kick us back in.

Yes, really enjoying the training. Various aches so lashing on tiger balm now.

Dress shopping was very easy actually so delighted. Sure still need a venue but it's a work in progress.

I know you’ve got your dress - yay! - but look at this one! Run to the altar in it:

http://www.oiselle.com/shop/runaway-bride-dress

Also well done yesterday - you’re really back running well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

A bit behind here, well done in Lusk!! You're flying :)

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I know you’ve got your dress - yay! - but look at this one! Run to the altar in it:

http://www.oiselle.com/shop/runaway-bride-dress

Also well done yesterday - you’re really back running well!

That is deadly, thank you.

Yes, I had the dress sorted and then stumbled across a post that made the news as the shop shut with no notice. Not even an apology on the door. All sorted again and have loads of time so not worried.

Well done on Saturday, a comeback PB I read? Super.

A bit behind here, well done in Lusk!! You're flying :)

Hey, thank you.

Yes bit behind with the updates and delighted I got to do Lusk as it was the week of the desperate snow so not ideal prep but delighted it went ahead as it was a great run.

I did it to acknowledge two years of rupturing my ACL so fitting to do the race.

17th Female so delighted.

• Advertisement

Sorry, well behind again.

So, lets go back to Feb and the wek of 19-25 so only a month catch-up.

The Tuesday night I went to the club and had a great session, already logged that.

Wednesday Strava tells me I went for a run with P on a beautiful evening. 4.11 miles @ 9:38

Thursday, just short of 5 miles 4.9 so something must have been wrong as most unlike me. Description blames the salad on lunch for digestive issues so must have had bowel trouble. 4.9 miles @9:23.

Friday is dedicated rest day.

Saturday looks like it was freezing and we paced 27 minutes so myself and P as back-up pacer. St Anne's parkrun in 26:50 so closet to time yet. Very stressful time time to get around in pacer slot. With warm-up 4.2 miles for the day.

Sunday, looks like no run whatever happened here.

24.4 miles for the week.

Feb 26-March 4 Snow week as we all know.

Monday 26th looks like I went for a rogue run and did 6.11 miles @9:02 before the weather broke. Looks like a great run with description of super run and body feels great.

Tuesday - decided against the club and as I cycled home I got all the really unpleasant hailstones. Really reluctant to go out but when I did I had a great time. Session from coach was as follows:

WU, 5 min @ 7.20, 3 min jog, 5x2 min @7.00 (90 rec), CD.

As follows: An excellent workout. Thanks to P for getting me out in snow & L for the session.

Hail and snow on the way home with horrific weather due but that was excellent. Too warm once started.
    Route not the best. Up and down paths. Delighted with the session.
    5 min @ 7.20, 3 min jog, 5x2 min @7.00 (90 rec)
    5 minutes were great, no issues. Into the wind.
    Then up and back for the 2 minutes.
    First set hit pace and had to avoid a car.
    Into the ditch between 3&4.

So that went pretty well. Thrilled.
    Lap Distance Time Pace GAP Elev
    1 1.07 mi 10:38 9:55 /mi 9:35 /mi 47 ft
    2 0.68 mi 5:00 7:21 /mi 7:27 /mi -34 ft
    3 0.31 mi 3:00 9:36 /mi 9:36 /mi -8 ft
    4 0.28 mi 2:00 7:01 /mi 6:51 /mi 7 ft
    5 0.08 mi 1:30 17:19 /mi 18:29 /mi -1 ft
    6 0.28 mi 2:00 6:58 /mi 6:57 /mi -5 ft
    7 0.09 mi 1:30 15:29 /mi 16:18 /mi -2 ft
    8 0.27 mi 2:00 7:13 /mi 7:05 /mi 8 ft
    9 0.00 mi 3s 9:50 /mi 38:19 /mi -1 ft
    10 0.28 mi 2:00 7:06 /mi 7:03 /mi -8 ft
    11 0.07 mi 1:30 19:23 /mi 20:33 /mi 1 ft
    12 0.28 mi 2:00 7:03 /mi 6:53 /mi 8 ft
    13 0.03 mi 28s 13:26 /mi 14:15 /mi 1 ft
    14 1.92 mi 17:53 9:16 /mi 9:14 /mi -3 ft

Woke up on Wednesday morning to a Winter wonderland. Really couldn't get over how thick and heavy the snow was. Thought it was due much later in the day, like everyone. We both worked from home and were lucky to be able to get out to the shops if required so not completely trapped but walked with care.

It then looked like it was easing and like a tool went out at the worst time as it was getting cold again and the footpaths were treacherous and turning to ice. Did two stupid miles and home again.

Thursday - Saturday then following Lusk updates and eating like in hibernation expecting the race to be cancelled. Annoyed when it then went ahead but off we went.

Sunday afternoon then myself and P collected BG and headed to Lusk. Sh*t navigators had us head to the next exit and turn back but still had plenty of time. Massive Raheny turnout.

Collected number and t-shirt no problem, very quick. Loo queue was ok at this point so joined that.

Did a warm-up of less than a mile with BG and P.

Target was race, give it a lash race. Having never done 4 miles before I didn't know what to do. I introduced myself to the 30 minute pacer at the start and then decided to go ahead of him.

We were off quickly and up and around a mental turn into someone's driveway and then back out.

The first mile maybe should have been slower as a quick start but it turned out as follows as now of course can't remember. I know once it beeped for mile 4 I consciously picked up the pace as wouldn't let myself falter from here. Annoyed looking back at mile 3 but a great effort and finish time of 29:01. I had hoped to do Dunboyne to see improvement but then couldn't. I was 17th Female and a 4 mile PB by default. My proudest moment though was finishing ahead of two Raheny runners who I would think are normally faster than me. Took one on the final hill so was very proud of my effort. Obviously spent the whole race wishing it was two miles but very happy with that.

Went back to cheer BG finishing, Laura, Mrs KennyG and my P who I ran back up the hill with.

Lap Distance Time Pace GAP Elev
    1 1.00 mi 7:04 7:04 /mi 7:08 /mi -24 ft
    2 1.00 mi 7:19 7:19 /mi 7:14 /mi 24 ft
    3 1.00 mi 7:28 7:28 /mi 7:31 /mi -25 ft
    4 0.99 mi 7:08 7:11 /mi 7:06 /mi 23 ft

All got potatoes in the prize bag, brilliant. A great race in fairness to them and especially with the weather and course change to accommodate. Fair play to them.

Two years since ski fall and so delighted to do this race to mark the occasion. Awful long recovery.

Did a cool-down to the car, put on new t-shirt and hit the road home.

A week of 19 miles.

Into March now so the week of 5-11 looks like it went well as 35.5 miles for the week.

Monday - rest. As above I was then disappointed as I wasn't completely broken from the Lusk 4 mile. Thinking effort wasn't enough and that I could have gone under 28 blah blah but anyway.

Tuesday - club day.
    Ran down to the club with D and arrived down to an unwelcome track as it looked as icy as fock.

Really didn't see myself doing a session on it as a result but in fairness to them they made it work as set it out as 12 * 350 and then walk the 50 m on the treacherous ice patch and go again. One turn with ice to avoid but really, really happy with that as it went super.

Strava has all 12 sets in Anaerobic, all paces sub 7. Really pleased kept steady and up with the group. Very good session.

Run home again with D so 10.1 miles for the night.

I had dropped the bike in for a service before the snow and was getting hassled to collect it so I packed the helmet into backpack and ran down to collect it to cycle home. All worked out very well, or so I thought but Strava has 'Backpack with helmet annoying and legs meh but better after a mile. Knee not great all day, stiff. Body felt the session. Bit sore but ok.' so 4.1 miles @9:24.

Plan had 5 miles easy but the loop was 6 instead of 5.
    'Oh, not a 5 mile loop then. Great evening and such splits.
    9:34/9:34/9:21/9:22/9:15/9:15.

Few tightness and woes. Foot, calves. Still a lovely run.'

Friday - Rest.

Saturday - I went rouge and off plan again as got offered a spot of parkrun tourism. FBOT collected myself and P and so with Laura and D we headed out to North Kildare to do Castletown parkrun as I have wanted to for a while.

This was tough going. The course was full of puddles/potholes and muck from all the snow. Hard going and a mental bridge at one point too. Really happy with this effort as finished 2F in 23:17.

Coffee and breakfast afterwards of course.

At some point this week my friend from the Cork marathon came back and my deferred entry is now activated.

It seems I had one or two drinks on Saturday night, can't remember what we were up to but got up on Sunday and had a banana and took Lucozade sport and did my first Long run. 10.22 miles at 9:09 and it was super. Took a lovely, peaceful route along the Royal canal and out across the M50 and back. I have to say I really enjoyed this.

35.5 miles for the week.

March 12-18

Monday - yes, rest day. Went to see L for a proper meeting and to ease out woes.

Tuesday - club day. A great run up and back with D.

The session was '8 *600 with 200 active recovery. Messed watch twice with trigger happy fingers. Good session.'
    Paces 2:38-2:45.

Total for the evening 11.3

Wednesday evening I went out in horrible driving wind and rain for 4 miles recovery @9:15

Thursday I think I did half of this with P and the balance solo. The knee was feeling horrible like something was wrong. Was really worried. I was icing it but L said heat so I lashed it with Tiger balm and hot water bottle as much as I could. It felt restricted like it had post-surgery. I put it down to the runners but going to watch that. 5 miles @9:40.

Friday was as above of tiger balm and heat.

Saturday - St Anne's parkrun and two extra miles as follows: 'Supposed to be an easy run, bit on the fast side. Knee eased. Still more aware of it than normal but much better.

Hopefully all will be ok for long run tomorrow.'

It was freezing!

Sunday - more poxy snow. Couldn't believe it. So annoyed it was back. I left it until after 3 and headed out and I have to say it went really well as a progression run was on the agenda. Delighted. I ran mostly on the roads as the paths were treacherous. Traffic was quiet enough.

What I did 'Yahoo, nailed it. Progression LR. 30 min easy, 35 min progression (15 min @9.00, 10 min @ 8.40, 10 min @ 8.20), 30 min easy

Paces at the higher end of the zone with the last one much faster. Didn't think I would get that done today as snow is back but that was super. Ran all into cold, windy gusts from Finglas to Killester. Warm-up and cool down seemed hardest. Ran mostly in the road as paths slushy and treacherous.'

Paces for sets. 15 @8:52/10@8:44 and 10 @7:57.

V pleased.

36.2 miles for the week.

Ok, enough for now I think. Will let you all catch up and then go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Monthly updates! That did me for the Luas home, thanks.
    Well done though. You're flying, but mind those niggles.

Monthly updates! That did me for the Luas home, thanks.
    Well done though. You're flying, but mind those niggles.

A pleasure. I hope it's a planned rest day for you as you're in taper and have a fantastic cycle.

Happy Easter, courtesy of St Anne's.

So, Monday is rest day.

Tuesday - usually club day but Coach had sent a plan so went with that instead. It was

Warm up, 4x4 min @ 8 min (90sec) 3 min , 4x3 min @ 7.50 (90 sec), 3 min, 4x2 min @ 7.40 (90 sec)

With description 'Went well. Think tree cover in Albert threw off paces. Happy to conquer the fear of the last awful session there. Hip got sore during but a great night. Didn't think I would get over 9 miles from it. V impressed.'

9.11 miles in 1:20 @ 8:53.

Wednesday is noted as '5 recovery miles, various woes. Hip pain all day. Moved from side to front and then changed to a pain on inside of the knee! The run was grand. No angry watch for once. Nice weather.' 5.1 miles @9:33

Thursday - March 22nd. Went for a lunchtime run with a colleague and back bouncing around, Such a trooper. Much better today. Lunch run with C.'

5.1 miles @9:11

Friday - 23. Another 5 miler. 'I'm obviously fine looking at those paces.
    This is what happens when I'm busy writing angry emails in my head. Nice to stay on the flat. Left sole of foot is sore. All others woes are ok.'

5.05 miles @9:06

Saturday, March 24th. 5 miles Steady including St Anne's parkrun. A cold morning. Drove up and did two miles before the start. The first mile was desperate, it was so hard. Due to do 5 @ 8:30 but the minute parkrun started I was flying and kept having to ease off. 5.1 miles @8:20.

Following by breakfast of course.

Drove to Roscommon/Longford and back to Roscommon. Woke early and it was a beautiful morning. I was so glad I got up and got the run done. It was a really beautiful morning. Turns out Roscommon isn't flat either. Lots of rolling roads. Completed long run as follows: Yahoo, 12 done. Roscommon isn't flat anyway. A beautiful morning. Sore ache in right foot. Loads of up and downs. Lovely and peaceful with the sheep and beautiful countryside, except for angry watch telling me to slow. Out of easy range. 12.06 miles @8:57. Bit fast.

That rounds the week to 41.5 miles, nicely done.

March 26-April 1

Monday - REST.

Tuesday - I had a horrendous headache all day. Really horrible. Still went out and gave the session a shot. It wasn't fun.

I did it up and around Albert College park. Tough. I blame the all day headache. Back to Brooks. Tuesday, Warm up 6x3 min @ 7.30 pace (90 sec jog recovery), 5 min easy running, 5x1 min (7.10) w/ 60 sec jog rec).

The 3 minute sets started at 7:34 and ended @ 7:50.

I then managed 6*1 minutes rather than 5. The 6th of course being the fastest one. Only hit the paces on 2&3.

Covered 7 miles for the night. Finally got home and found panadol.

Wednesday. Myself and P went out for 4 miles. I was to do 5 but squirty and unpleasant insides I decided to skip the last mile. 4.05 @9:48. Lucky P you say.

Thursday I did the 5 miles but insides still not amazing. I was shoving panadol in this week but diet full of sugar and cakes of late so need to clean it up.

I'm always making up a random 5 miles but finally found a nice one this evening as due to the clocks changing I can run through Fairview park now hopefully in relative safety.

Friday March 30th brought a new workout into the week. I did - Very good and manageable progression. 1 mile warm up, 35 min progression (15 min @ 8.45, 10 min @ 8.30, 10 min @ 8.20) 1 mile cooldown.

Went well. Route exact. Cramps last mile. 3rd time this week so have to watch diet. Mad knee crack after but one still attached anyway.

I then of course had breakfast out and coffee and cake, diet clean-up more a next week job.

Saturday 31st March - Pacer Saturday at St Anne's. I had 5 miles easy to do so paced 28 minutes. Obviously a distance issue this week as for once it measured right and I had completely slowed myself down so it would work to the normal measurement. Very tough this pacing lark. For once I was well over my time, sigh.

Cooldown with BG and off to find my love who I had brought up for his breakfast with his little hangover. The RD was short volunteers and he ended up as tail walker, poor P. I did feel v bad since you know I volunteered him. I thought he'd be doing the finishing chute.

March summary of 146 miles.

Sunday - 1st April. Easter Sunday.

Long run was 4 miles easy, 2 miles steady (8.30 pace), 4 miles easy, 2 steady. All went well. Warm-up felt slow. First 3 miles with P. Digestive issues again so diet clean-up starts Tuesday.

A great run. 12 miles @9:00.

Also ended up nearly a mile from home so ran that too.

The Steady sections I had just hit St Anne's so ran up the Avenue and around the parkrun course. The second set I had ended up back via the Seafront which I hadn't planned and the 2 miles started on the corner or St Lawrences Road. Turns out is uphill so that was a hard start but eventually settled.

Steady: 8:31/8:20/8:28 and 8:16.

A weekly total of 40.3 miles.

Really enjoying the training. Thought I'd be in a heap loosing my second rest day but all going well. Starting to run at different times so added in a morning run this week and then will run tonight.

I was worried I was getting PF so ordered two pairs of Brooks Glycerin and now using them for the training.

Morning!

Another two week update, getting slightly better.

April 2-8.

Monday - Rest

Tuesday - 5.1 miles easy. Looks like insides behaved which is nice. Up, around Fairview park and back @ 9:18. Breaking in new runners and foot ok, still felt it a bit.

Wednesday - I have this recorded as I thought we were friends Luke?

Workout Wednesday so cycled in to work and ran home with the backpack. The weather was most unpleasant with wind and rain and my schedule was: Warm up, 10 min @ 8 min pace, 4 min jog 4x3 min @ 7.30 pace (90 sec jog recovery), 6 min @ 7.50.

I think I got a shock as expected a break before the 6 minute slot.
    Description on the night 'Looking back that was great. During was tough. I thought I had another recovery before 6 minutes. Wind and rain. Backpack too and straight from work so v pleased with that.'

10 mins @7:55
    4*3 @ 7:15/7:22/7:35 and 7:35
    6 mins @ 7:43.

Thursday then I ran into work. It was a beautiful morning. I started this too fast and then never really slowed so far too fast for recovery. I'm not the most prompt at leaving in the morning so possibly why it was a bit fast. Covered 5.11 @9:03 so definitely not recovery pace/

I have started to wear the fitbit running and with a pinch of salt it had this run at AVG HR 153.

Friday evening run of 5 miles @9:05. Weather seems to have been a mix of sun and wind. Avg HR 152.

Saturday - Oh yeah. Decided on Fairview parkrun for this. Headed off after 9 to get a set done before parkrun.
    Session was: 1 mile warm up, 12 min, 10 min, 8 min @ 8 min pace (90 sec rec between) 1 mile cool down

Tough warm-up and first set weren't fun. Big rest waiting for parkrun and the 10 and 8 minutes were grand. 2nd F apparently

The warm-up I was feeling sluggish, the 1st 12 minutes I was @ 8:09 and couldn't do any better. Once parkrun started I had no bother hitting paces and did 7:49 and 7:51.

Breakfast with the gang and a plod home.

Sunday morning long run. Such a surprise to wake up to a beautiful morning. Decided to head along the canal as nice and peaceful. It was sunny with blue skies, most unusual.

This week LR was 'Sunday 4 miles easy, 2 miles steady (8.30 pace), 4 miles easy, 2 miles steady (8.30 pace). Went ok. Still feel foot a bit. Steady effort good. Kept slowing 4 miles. Neck and shoulders getting sore. Good run of no toilet breaks!'

4 easy @ 9:13
    2 S @ 8:28
    4 easy @9:18
    2 S @8:26.

V pleased.

Total for the week 41.9 miles. .9?! I was kindly informed that if I had hit my 12 minutes paces I would have avoided the .9, HUH. :D

Sigh, .9

Week 9-15 April. Mid-April already. Wow.

Monday - REST! Actually went to pilates beginner. That was grand. Made me sleepy.

Tuesday - A lovely, relaxed run. Did 2 miles with P and the balance solo. 5.1 miles @9:37. The weather had me in awful form all day as desperately dark and depressing. The run weather though was grand. AVG HR 152.

Wore second new pair of Glycerin and the foot liked the 14's.

Wednesday, again cycle in and run home. This time it was 9 miles progression (Starting easy working down to steady for the last two mile around 8.20/8.30ish).

Mapped a route out and then went with one P did for me. This went very well except I went more flat out than steady for the last two miles as it was downhill. More of a 8:06 and 7:54 finish so far from steady.

9 miles @8:57.

April 12th - Two years to the day for ACL surgery. Ran into work. Those two flat out miles I could really feel. Didn't sleep great as back was tight and could feel it on the run. 5.11 at 9:22 but really should have been a lot slower.

Friday - Another 5 mile run. Foot perfect. 5.11 @ 9:30. AVG Fitbit HR 147.

Saturday - St Anne's parkrun. Absolutely massive crowd, 498 runners. Wanted to run it with Laura/Anna/BG and Murph but very busy at the start, I found a friend and was chatting. Started behind the 30 minute pacer and had no idea where the others were. Met a few old and new friends on the way around. Own worse enemy as ran it too fast as was annoyed at a regular runner and non-volunteer so kept pace with them. Gave them a PB it seems, FFS. So too fast. Beautiful morning. Two miles before and one after for 6 for the day.
    AVG HR 135 but say that's well off as it has the distance but wrong pace.

Sunday - Oh joy. Wake up to a miserable morning. What fun with a long run to do.

14 miles easy w/ 6x1 min up pace w/ 90 sec recovery any time from 10 miles onward.

Went up to Collins Avenue and with no shelter had the wind and rain the whole way along. Up and around St Anne's and then the same run home. Went well overall. 14 miles is an awful long way and seemed a massive jump from 12 the last two weeks. All about staying positive on this and did it. Company would have been nice. 14.06 miles @ 9:17. Had a few brief breaks to try and ease neck and shoulders.

Total for the week 44.6 miles. I don't think I have ever done so much in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Clocking up some great mileage there A. Well done!

Hmmn, so 7 weeks behind now so this will be a quick recap and overview.

My last session week turned out to be April 16-22. I did one workout that week and it was the last time I was at the club.

The long run on the Sunday was to be 14 miles but I only made 9.2 as I wasn't feeling well.

Total mileage: 36.3.

I ran on the Tuesday/Wed/Friday/Sat and Sunday. All done wearing the Fitbit to track HR. All runs done easy.

The ony excitement was parkrun at St Anne's for pacer Saturday where RedRunner helped me perfectly pace.

On the Sunday on a glorious evening I bulled Anna out and we did a super run up the coast and around St Anne's before turning home.

Total mileage: 31.

The following week started with my Birthday and as it was Monday it was a rest day.

The rest of the week did not go well as I received a dose. Felt desperate. Few days off sick.

Started to feel ok on the Friday afternoon so headed down to Waterford for the bank holiday. We got up to do Tramore parkrun and it was very easy.

Mileage 3.5 miles for the week. I felt like I hit by a truck on the Saturday night, exhausted.

That covers April 16-May 6.

May 7-13.

Still running very easy. P arrived home with no only a dose for us but also an amazing Birthday present in the form of a fenix. No more using the Fitbit and Garmin.

All very easy running for the week keeping the heart rate low. I was ok running, paces slowed but once I stopped I would have a desperate coughing fit for about 10 minutes.

A better week 27 miles and all very easy. LR only 11.3 miles. 4 days running

May 14-20

Same as last week except ran 5 days, rested Monday and Friday. A few easy runs with P and a LR with Anna. We volunterred at Juniors. Finally made the Phoenix park at lunchtime and had a super run around the trails. I hadn't done that in years. Up and back via the canal.

31.5 miles for the week so not completely useless.

It was either this week or last week I decided to switch from the full to the Cork HM. I would have been a train wreck if I had done the full. I did have a brilliant few months building up to it and I really enjoyed it. Coach was really fantastic but it was the right decision to switch. It was my deferral from 2016 and I couldn't complete the full on such training of late. Very happy with the decision as it is the right one.

May 21-27 was a really tough week for us personally. I ran 4 days and covered 23.1 miles.

Saturday I did a blow-out at parkrun to see how much fitness I had lost. Happy to have dug in and finished but F**K it was tough going.

A hot morning and with pacer Saturday I set off with the 23 minute pacer. Fastest mile was the last but finished in 23:20. It was tough.

My amazing new watch has 5km time of 23:10 so as a result I'm taking a new marathon PB based off the watch as 3:41:03, that's fair enough? :)

Here we are now this week. Ran easy on Tuesday and Wednesday. Yesterday's run was the first one in about 6 weeks that felt more normal and with the erratic paces I'm returning to form.

Called over to the coach last night for a pre-HM massage. The PAIN, especially in my hips.

I have a new plan now, well hope to as going to aim for Charleville at the end of the Summer, just entered this morning.

Year to date:

Jan 93.71
    Feb 119.72
    March 146
    April 166.72
    May 94.64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Best of luck on Sunday A.
    Looking forward to the report :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭ariana`

Best of luck in Cork :)