Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Sorry lads, this thread is hilarious. I'd prefer to keep my money for food, rather than "load up" on creatine. Its fúckin usless.

400mg p/w of tren though? That's a supplement which will make a difference alright haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Somebody mentioned IT earlier. What is that?

Irish Times. They'd syndicated an article on doping from the Guardian which referenced creatine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

b_mac2 wrote: »
    Hahahahahaha!!!!

Sorry lads, this thread is hilarious. I'd prefer to keep my money for food, rather than "load up" on creatine. Its fúckin usless.

400mg p/w of tren though? That's a supplement which will make a difference alright haha...
    of course there's no comparison there chief its apples and oranges.

You going to take the 5 other supplements you need along with the tren? You doing PSC? You getting T levels tested regularly by a doctor? could go on and on but some people just dont want to open up that can of worms and i for one have done pretty ok without the assistance of anabolics. Ive no issue with people that opt for that but think there is more abuse than smart use of steroids which makes your throw away comment slightly irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hahahahahaha!!!!

A juicer coming on here and laughing. Now that's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Creatine cost maybe 50c per week. I think the food bill is save.
    400mg/week Tren on the other hand...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Just a quick question as i was passing. ppl mention here that creatine is popular among bodybuilders and also adds water in muscles, how does this work then when they go to dehydrate themselves before competitions? do they not lose muscle mass? im must be missing something.

Old Perry wrote: »
    Just a quick question as i was passing. ppl mention here that creatine is popular among bodybuilders and also adds water in muscles, how does this work then when they go to dehydrate themselves before competitions? do they not lose muscle mass? im must be missing something.

I don't know for certain but I'd imagine they'd cut it a week or two before a competition. They're not going to deflate by cutting creatine in the short term and anyway, the inprovement in definition is likely more of a plus than any potential loss in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'm 85kg. Is 5g once a day enough for me to have? Can I mix it into a protein shake or just have it on its own? When is the best time to take it?

5g is probably no where near enough, assuming a moderate strength based regime. Anywhere around .2 to .3g per kg is recommended with obviously no loading phase required there.

5g is probably no where near enough, assuming a moderate strength based regime. Anywhere around .2 to .3g per kg is recommended with obviously no loading phase required there.

I thought 0.3g/kg was for loading and then 0.03g/kg for maintenance with the latter daily without loading?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

That is so beyond incorrect it's crazy. You're telling him to take between 25g - 42g at his bodyweight? Unless you mean 0.03g-0.05g?

• Advertisement

dorgasm wrote: »
    That is so beyond incorrect it's crazy. You're telling him to take between 25g - 42g at his bodyweight? Unless you mean 0.03g-0.05g?

Feck sake. I know it's cheap but 42g a day will have me broke in no time :)

Feck sake. I know it's cheap but 42g a day will have me broke in no time :)

Think of all the gains though!!

But nah, reading back on the post, I think he definitely meant 0.03-0.05g.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

dorgasm wrote:

dorgasm wrote:

I don't think so. Pretty sure he's mentioned this before

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I don't think so. Pretty sure he's mentioned this before

It says on the tin 5g. I think if they could get away with telling me to use 42g for huge gains then they would

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

It says on the tin 5g. I think if they could get away with telling me to use 42g for huge gains then they would

I'm not the one saying it...

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I'm not the one saying it...

I know. Forgive my post if it sounded smart. Wasn't meant that way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

did ANYONE read the research review paper i listed and even looked at the section on creatine FFS is not that confusing

Transform wrote: »
    did ANYONE read the research review paper i listed and even looked at the section on creatine FFS is not that confusing

Ya, they recommend loading based on bodyweight of .35 per kg. They also recommend up to 2 grams of protein per kg so make of that what you will.

dorgasm wrote: »

Nope, 25g sounds about right but it massively depends on body comp and weight. 5g is a terribly arbitrary number, you think a guy at 100kg and 10% body fat needs 5g just like a guy at 80kg and 20%?

If I remember right the 5g recommendation was based on a 3 week study with 30g a day loading, it incorrectly concluded that 5 a day was enough to maintain but had the study gone a bit longer it woukd have found significant decreases once the loading saturation was used up.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Advertisement

Transform wrote: »

I did but I started to read from the start this morning and didn't get as far as creatine yet :(

http://athlete.io/4117/the-ultimate-guide-to-creatine-supplementation-part-3/

On phone so if anyone wants to copy and paste outbte dosage bit that would be super.

http://athlete.io/4117/the-ultimate-guide-to-creatine-supplementation-part-3/

On phone so if anyone wants to copy and paste outbte dosage bit that would be super.

I'm going to start the article you linked tonight or tomorrow. I've copy & pasted the summary of the reports findings on creatine below, with the dosage section bolded.

Seriously, it's a great read. It reinforced a lot I've learned over the years and made me question a lot of what I thought I knew. Loads of additional sources are provided if you find something you didn't know about or want to read further on.

Link to article
    1. Creatine monohydrate is the most effective ergogenic nutritional supplement currently available to athletes in terms of increasing high-intensity exercise capacity and lean body mass during training.

2. Creatine monohydrate supplementation is not only safe, but possibly beneficial in regard to preventing injury and/or management of select medical conditions when taken within recommended guidelines.

3. There is no compelling scientific evidence that the short- or long-term use of creatine monohydrate has any detrimental effects on otherwise healthy individuals.

4. If proper precautions and supervision are provided, supplementation in young athletes is acceptable and may provide a nutritional alternative to potentially dangerous anabolic drugs.

5. At present, creatine monohydrate is the most extensively studied and clinically effective form of creatine for use in nutritional supplements in terms of muscle uptake and ability to increase high-intensity exercise capacity.

6. The addition of carbohydrate or carbohydrate and protein to a creatine supplement appears to increase muscular retention of creatine, although the effect on performance measures may not be greater than using creatine monohydrate alone.

7. The quickest method of increasing muscle creatine stores appears to be to consume ~0.3 grams/kg/day of creatine monohydrate for at least 3 days followed by 3-5 g/d thereafter to maintain elevated stores. Ingesting smaller amounts of creatine monohydrate (e.g., 2-3 g/d) will increase muscle creatine stores over a 3-4 week period, however, the performance effects of this method of supplementation are less supported.

8. Creatine monohydrate has been reported to have a number of potentially beneficial uses in several clinical populations, and further research is warranted in these areas.

Advertisement