Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

TommyJoe15 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm mainly wondering if any of ye have had any experience with having alcohol while taking creatine?

Creatine is naturally occurring. Alcohol while taking creatine won't have any dangerous side effects.

The alcohol might work against it but that's about the height of it.

It may only be an issue if you have a kidney issue or diabetes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

TommyJoe15 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm mainly wondering if any of ye have had any experience with having alcohol while taking creatine?

Ever had a burger while out on the lash? Same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thevillaman

Like everything fitness start at the beginning if you're thinking about taking this creatine start off with a small doses for a week and if you feel that does is to little just add a little more your budy is probably a bodybuilder just remember your
    six-month a beginner you're still learning technique in the gym is better than any supplement on the market don't get me wrong yes I have taken supplements and still am taking
    supplements and taking creatine for the follow lock is better than any supplement on the market don't get me wrong yes I am taken supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thevillaman

Like everything fitness start at the beginning if you're thinking about taking this creatine start off with a small doses for a week and if you feel that does is to little just add a little more your budy is probably a bodybuilder just remember your
    six-month a beginner you're still learning technique in the gym is better than any supplement on the market don't get me wrong yes I have taken supplements and still am taking
    supplements and taking creatine for the follow lock is better than any supplement on the market don't get me wrong yes I am taken supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tster

Funny to see creatine lumped in with blood doping in The Guardian article, think it was also in the Irish Times:
    In football, blood-spinning and the muscle-building substance creatine – the latter not actually banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency, but looked on with such disfavour that sportsmen and women are cautioned against its use – were in regular use at certain top Premier League clubs comparatively recently. Creatine was held responsible for the sudden change in body-shape of the players of a leading Italian club a decade ago.
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/aug/02/athletics-doping-revelations-dismay-but-no-surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

tster wrote: »
    Funny to see creatine lumped in with blood doping in The Guardian article, think it was also in the Irish Times:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/aug/02/athletics-doping-revelations-dismay-but-no-surprise

It's just nonsense. There was something something similar in the Irish times a year ago around creatine and rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I wish all the creatine I've horsed into me over the years had such a profound body comp effect...all I got was bloat!

Sugar Free wrote: »
    I wish all the creatine I've horsed into me over the years had such a profound body comp effect...all I got was bloat!

And anger...right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

And anger...right?

F*ck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Full stop much?? ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

Try clen much better for the results you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Full stop much?? ......
    take a bow

the best darn supplement review is here - http://www.jissn.com/content/7/1/7

someone should possibly sticky this as stuff like this comes up all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

tster wrote: »

I wouldn't say it's funny myself. It's seriously ****ing annoying. The whole 'athletes are cautioned against taking it' line is SO incorrect that - aside from offending my sensibilities - it serves to show how little faith should be placed in journalism generally.

The one comment under it on the IT website sums it up:
    I stopped reading when I saw the word 'creatine'. You completely destroy all of your credibility when you equate creatine with performance-enhancing drugs. Obviously you don't understand the topic you are writing about. Creatine occurs naturally in every cell in every animal. It's present in all meats. It's not illegal, it's not a steroid, it's not dangerous. The fear-mongering about it is entirely unhelpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Transform wrote: »
    the best darn supplement review is here - http://www.jissn.com/content/7/1/7

someone should possibly sticky this as stuff like this comes up all the time

Very good (but tough) read. I got a prompt to use their new beta site, made it much easier to read.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Very good (but tough) read. I got a prompt to use their new beta site, made it much easier to read.

Jesus Christ that's a lot of reading. Some very interesting parts in it all the same

Jesus Christ that's a lot of reading. Some very interesting parts in it all the same
    yes but read it through once and you have a solid grasp on whats BS and what works. Just tweeted them and they said they want to do an update on this soon

seriously, people still read the IT and expect anything other than misinformation when it comes to ANYTHING related to fitness and health

he just added that the only thing he would add in straight way is the research on beetroot juice e.g. here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

I'm a fan of the Australian Institute of Sport and their classification guide when it comes to supplements as well.
    http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/nutrition/supplements/classification

• Advertisement

I bought creative powder tonight. Although it says 5g dosage they neglected to provide a 5g scoop. A few questions.
    Do I really need to use the loading stage?
    Can I mix it directly into a protein/carb shake?
    Is there an easy way to measure out 5g?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I bought creative powder tonight. Although it says 5g dosage they neglected to provide a 5g scoop. A few questions.

Pretty much 1 teaspoon I think - a gram or so either way isn't going to matter much though.

No need to load.

No need to load.

I'm 85kg. Is 5g once a day enough for me to have? Can I mix it into a protein shake or just have it on its own? When is the best time to take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I'm 85kg. Is 5g once a day enough for me to have? Can I mix it into a protein shake or just have it on its own? When is the best time to take it?

Take it however you like. One time I didn't have a proper shaker so took a scope straight into my mouth and washed it down. And I'm still alive.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Take it however you like. One time I didn't have a proper shaker so took a scope straight into my mouth and washed it down. And I'm still alive.

Thought u were gonna say you snorted it there for a second.

5g is plenty. Maintenance dosing is 0.03g/kg which would be less than 3g for you.

Doesn't matter if you take it with a shake. Take it anytime. It's often suggested to take after a workout but afaik it doesn't affect uptake by the muskels.

Thanks again to everyone. Once again some invaluable answers. Much appreciated

Thanks again to everyone. Once again some invaluable answers. Much appreciated

Examine.com is a great resource on supplements.

• Advertisement

Examine.com is a great resource on supplements.

Somebody mentioned IT earlier. What is that?

Advertisement