Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you vote in the Marriage Equality referendum? Mod Note Post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

My gay friends all paint their bathrooms pink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

tigger123 wrote: »
    Have you discussed your views on the upcoming referendum with your gay friends?

That we are all voting yes yeah, they know I pick apart things too but we all are like that most will never marry anyway

MrWalsh wrote: »

That's a terrible colour for resale, hope they have good ventilation or they might get mold, they should have tiled ceiling to floor they could of got pink tiles if they wanted to be a stereotype

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jimdublin15

gravehold wrote: »
    Are they in a polygamous relationship but not allowed to be married to all the men they want too? Pity marraige equality won't cover their relationship and allow them to marry.

No they are just the common enough household cheating wifes. The catholic married types.

Before anyone asks No I don't have link on the rates of Adultery for Ireland It's just happens to be the case of wifes I know/have as friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

That we are all voting yes yeah, they know I pick apart things too but we all are like that most will never marry anyway

Don't be so evasive. You've put enough of your free time into the thread. Have you made your views on the referendum known to your gay friends?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I hear they won't give their kids a good smack when they're bold.

I don't smack my kids. I'm hoping to turn them homosexual. It's part of the gay agenda…

No they are just the common enough household cheating wifes. The catholic married types.

Before anyone asks No I don't have link on the rates of Adultery for Ireland It's just happens to be the case of wifes I know/have as friends.

You should tell the husbands but this is why you are foolish to marry in this day in age, they can say goodbye to half their stuff soon enough and end up paying maintance.

Although once gays start to get divorce courts might actually have to think for once rather then give it all to the women even if she is the cheating one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

• Registered Users Posts: 11,545 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

A child's best interest , when available, is to have the care and company of a mother and a father, who are perfectly capable of providing the love etc required

Moving away (again) fro the basic issue being debated here (the yes or no right of LGBT couples to civilly marry here in our country) these questions for you:

1. if the availability was not there, would you still state it is your opinion that gay couples should not be allowed adopt children?

2.. In line with your opinion, would you take the step of taking adopted children currently with gay couples away from the couples, to ensure the children are placed with opposite-sex couples?

3... Would you overturn existing decision of the adoption board as to whom are fit parents?

Remember that it is the adoption board which decides who are, and are not, fit to be adoptive parents.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Don't be so evasive. You've put enough of your free time into the thread. Have you made your views on the referendum known to your gay friends?

Yes sure when I left my college lgbt group and won't go to gay bars cause of double standard hetrophoia they know and mostly have similar political views as me. Not all gay people are left wing nuts you know.

• Advertisement

MrWalsh wrote: »

Aargh (lol) even the male gays????

aloyisious wrote: »
    Aargh (lol) even the male gays????

Lesbians would never use patriarchal pink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Although once gays start to get divorce courts might actually have to think for once rather then give it all to the women even if she is the cheating one.

Good point there. With no male/female bias re parenting and incomes, such disputes would be interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Yes sure when I left my college lgbt group and won't go to gay bars cause of double standard hetrophoia they know and mostly have similar political views as me. Not all gay people are left wing nuts you know.

I think you are going to the wrong bars. I've never seen or experienced negative towards straight people in gay bars. Quite the opposite in fact.

Good point there. With no male/female bias re parenting and incomes, such disputes would be interesting to watch.

It's the one thing I am really looking forward too.

Now if only we could have those images and quotes on poles around the country....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Lesbians would never use patriarchal pink

Mine is in earth tones - all sanded varnished floors, frosted glass, wooden cladding an terracotta tiles. Vah cuntempoarrry doncherknow.

I am not familiar with this 'patriarchal pink'? Can't seen to find it on any paint catalogue... do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Are gay couples allowed to adopt children that have no relations to either of themselves? Just wondering because i know they are allowed adopt but under what circumstances, if any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

lisar816 wrote: »
    Are gay couples allowed to adopt children that have no relations to either of themselves? Just wondering because i know they are allowed adopt but under what circumstances if any.

Under the same circumstances and conditions as straight couples.

How did they have .5 of a sexual partner?

The penguin way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Are they in a polygamous relationship but not allowed to be married to all the men they want too? Pity marraige equality won't cover their relationship and allow them to marry.

MOD: It's been said before that if you want to campaign for polygamous marriage, then off you go. This thread is about SSM, and dragging in pedantry as a reason to vote no is not going to cut it, so stick to the topic.

Under the same circumstances and conditions as straight couples.

Not true yet they still cannot adopt the same as a married couple yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

no **** sherlock , get away

From what I recall their children were born from a previous hetrosexual relationship.

Nice way to try and cause diversions. "mother and father" clearly meant as one unit

Don't think Tom and Harry could be considered "mother and father"

Your recollection really isn't much to go on. I'd sooner just look at the facts -
    4,042 same sex couples were living together in 2011. Of these 230 were couples with children, with the vast majority of these being female couples

I beg your pardon, you are right about "class action". What I should have said was a group of affected individuals (affected by decisions) pooling together resources and initiating a case together , fighting for their own "rights".

Again, you really have nothing to base this on, and you know as well as I do that the determinations in any case would still be made on an individual basis.

You're really just scaremongering there, which is as you say - a nice way to try and cause diversions.

Hey doesn't stop them classing themselves as Second Class Citizens :rolleyes:No doubt someone would try it

Your point being what exactly? How would it make a difference anyone classing themselves as a second class citizen? Is "second class citizen" a recognised legal term now that curries any favour in the judicial process? I don't think it is. Anyone can claim they are a second class citizen, it doesn't make any difference legally speaking.

And, what are the results so far, which class of families are getting better results ?

I'm fcuked if I know? I don't do house calls! Do you do house calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Polygamy is not legal and won't be legal if the vote in question passes. Marriage will be equal without polygamy if this vote passes because all people will have access to the same level of marriage. Once we've achieved that those who wish to campaign for polygamy should do so but otherwise it's just another hijacking of the issue in question by something that has nothing to do with it. I'll gladly back a vote for polygamy if that day ever comes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

As David Norris said:

'If you don't know, vote No'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

my friend wrote: »
    As David Norris said:

I've a better one:

"If you don't know, go find out"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

As David Norris said:

Or you could do your duty as a citizen and inform yourself.

As David Norris said:

Very big of him, most yes side are saying if you don't know or agree don't vote. Much respect to come out and say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

most yes side are saying if you don't know or agree don't vote

Au contraire, the Yes side is trying to get as many people to vote as possible...

• Advertisement

sup_dude wrote: »
    Au contraire, the Yes side is trying to get as many people to vote as possible...

For their side, they have said to people if you don't agree with it don't vote there is no reason to vote no if you disagree

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement