Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you vote in the Marriage Equality referendum? Mod Note Post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

gravehold wrote: »
    I am pretty sure breaking bad is not trying to paint the meth dealer in a good light as a parent. I said I know it's a show but it if this gay propaganda of a good outcome of a gay couple adopting it really gives me pause. I know I shouldn't let propaganda effect me but that family is so bad while it's meant to be a good thing

You dont understand Breaking Bad at all. The original point is that Walt was trying to be a good parent and father by preventing his wife and children from being left crippled with medical bills debt after his death. He got into it FOR his family.

The heterosexual couples in modern family are hardly good role models either. But this is all completely irrelevant to a real life Irish referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

smash wrote: »

I really wish you'd stop this...

Hit the ignore button. Just in case stupid is contagious.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

seamus wrote: »
    Why is it propaganda? It's a comedy show. And by design shows distorts everyday situations into farcical ones for comedic effect.

You may as well say that Friends makes you think about whether extra marital sex should really be legal at all.

Or that Father Ted provides evidence that religion should be outlawed.

Are you saying the cast of friends where sluts there wasn't a huge amount of sex on that show. And modern family whole premise is propaganda that the normal family is not needed but that gay family is god awful, why do the other families on the show come out ok

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Interesting phrasing there:

A bit like saying "gays are second class citizens because they can't marry"

Unless you can prove (should not be hard actually) the insinuation that you are making, I suggest to stop and get back to the issues

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Unless you can prove (should not be hard actually) the insinuation that you are making, I suggest to stop and get back to the issues

What harm do you believe only gay parents (adoptive or biological) will do to children that renders them, en mass, unsuitable?

• Advertisement

Are you saying the cast of friends where sluts there wasn't a huge amount of sex on that show. And modern family whole premise is propaganda that the normal family is not needed but that gay family is god awful, why do the other families on the show come out ok

What harm do you believe only gay parents (adoptive or biological) will do to children that renders them, en mass, unsuitable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Bannasidhe wrote: »

A child's best interest , when available, is to have the care and company of a mother and a father, who are perfectly capable of providing the love etc required

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are you saying the cast of friends where sluts there wasn't a huge amount of sex on that show.
    :eek:

Isn't it funny how you only see what you want to see?

A child's best interest , when available, is to have the care and company of a mother and a father, who are perfectly capable of providing the love etc required

That doesnt answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Prove it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

That does not answer the question asked of you and once again you are asserting as fact something that is absolutely not fact. You can agressively repeat it as much as you like it won't make it a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Another non-denial denial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

A non-denial denial.
    Oh, I deny it. You'll have no problems getting a clear "No" out of me there. I'd hate to be stealing someone else's thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

So the courts would never have to take a child away from an available mother and father?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Can you please answer the question you were asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That's very easy to prove.
    Can you get married to the one you love? No!
    Can the heterosexual couple get married? Yes!
    So children of single parents or children of existing same sex couples are currently not receiving the level of care and love that those of a married heterosexual couple will offer? Is that what you're trying to say?

seamus wrote: »
    :eek:

Isn't it funny how en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias"]you only see what you want to see[/URL]?

Chandler: 10.5 sex partners
    Ross: 14 sex partners
    Monica: 14.5 sex partners
    Rachel: 15.5 sex partners
    Phoebe: 32.5 sex partners
    Joey: 51.5 sex partners

Joey is a slut I guess kinda but the rest is pretty normal for a period of ten years, even joey's is only 5 partners per year when you avg it out.

My gay friends pretty much have sex with a different guy each weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭SireOfSeth

Mine don't. So what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Joey is a slut I guess kinda but the rest is pretty normal for a period of ten years, even joey's is only 5 partners per year when you avg it out.

How did they have .5 of a sexual partner?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Who cares?

• Advertisement

How did they have .5 of a sexual partner?

avclub.com/article/someone-calculated-how-many-people-the-emfriends-e-90450

Might have happened but confirmed or heavily implied

Mine dont but some of my heterosexual ones do. So?

SireOfSeth wrote: »
    Mine don't. So what's your point?

Friends wasn't an overtly sexual show, those amount of sexual partners are not that hight for the period of years the show covers
    eviltwin wrote: »
    Who cares?

Seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Something to lighten the mood
    http://youtu.be/ytulLaJx6Rk

I can't stop listening to this...LOUD!
    My kids are having great fun dancing to it too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

I don't believe for one second that you've got gay friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jimdublin15

So you have slutty friends some of them gay. Cool for you. Most of my "friends" are straight married housewife's most of whom have sex with more than one guy a weekend.

What's your point in relation to same sex marriage on this or anything else that you posted this morning week. ?

tigger123 wrote: »
    I don't believe for one second that you've got gay friends.

You are free to your opinion and your right to say it. But you would be wrong

Most of my "friends" are straight married housewife's most of whom have sex with more than one guy a weekend.

Are they in a polygamous relationship but not allowed to be married to all the men they want too? Pity marraige equality won't cover their relationship and allow them to marry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

I hear they won't give their kids a good smack when they're bold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

You are free to your opinion and your right to say it. But you would be wrong

Have you discussed your views on the upcoming referendum with your gay friends?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement