Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zimbabwe gives white farmers 90 days to vacate farms in latest land grabs.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

I think I've answered this question numerous times even though I've stated my position in my opening piece.

Anyway, interesting article;

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Offended-egos-aside-could-whites-actually-BE-refugees-20140622

We accept hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers every year, who are not exactly genuine here in Europe. Surely we should take in the 30k or so Zimbabweans of European descent and give them the opportunity to work towards citizenship in their ancestral homeland?

We definitely should take in those Zimbabweans of European descent and give them the opportunity to work towards citizenship! I guess my only question again and again is if that would apply to all descendants, even individuals of mixed race who may be in a vulnerable position (because of political targeting, etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

We definitely should take in those Zimbabweans of European descent and give them the opportunity to work towards citizenship! I guess my only question again and again is if that would apply to all descendants, even individuals of mixed race who may be in a vulnerable position (because of political targeting, etc).

Who are you asking now?

reprise wrote: »
    Who are you asking now?

Em the person I directly quoted.

You suddenly appear and make a sneak attack, usually about 'psychological problems of the liberals' or 'social justice warriors' and disappear again. What exactly is your opinion, if you have one?

Em the person I directly quoted.

you mean the person who stated on this very page, within the last hour:
    I think I've answered this question numerous times even though I've stated my position in my opening piece.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93976556&postcount=182

How many times do you want him to answer the damn question?
    You suddenly appear and make a sneak attack, usually about 'psychological problems of the liberals' or 'social justice warriors' and disappear again.

I don't believe I have ever used the term 'social justice warriors' in any post here or anywhere else, feel free to prove me a liar.
    What exactly is your opinion, if you have one?

I already gave it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93961770&postcount=111

If you weren't so busy building strawmen and chasing phantom racists out from under your bed, you might have read the posts from people interested in the debate and not the toe curling witch hunt.

you mean the person who stated on this very page, within the last hour:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93976556&postcount=182

How many times do you want him to answer the damn question?

I don't believe I have ever used the term 'social justice warriors' in any post here or anywhere else, feel free to prove me a liar.

I already gave it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93961770&postcount=111

If you weren't so busy building strawmen and chasing phantom racists out from under your bed, you might have read the posts from people interested in the debate and not the toe curling witch hunt.

Ah sorry, I didn't notice your argument about sympathising with white Zimbabwean but being against them being given asylum seeker status (or the equivalent) in Europe.

Makes sense!

• Advertisement

Ah sorry, I didn't notice your argument about sympathising with white Zimbabwean but being against them being given asylum seeker status (or the equivalent) in Europe.

Makes sense!

You didn't notice that argument because I didn't make it.

I am not a spokesman for Europe nor is there, to my knowledge, an entity that currently decides such policy for Europe exclusively. The recognised international authority for refugees is the UNHCR and they deal with matters of protection.

I would be happy to be guided by them as to the most appropriate solution, as per my previous post.

You didn't notice that argument because I didn't make it.

I am not a spokesman for Europe nor is there, to my knowledge, an entity that currently decides such policy for Europe exclusively. The recognised international authority for refugees is the UNHCR and they deal with matters of protection.

I would be happy to be guided by them as to the most appropriate solution, as per my previous post.

We agree (it's becoming my catchphrase on this thread)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

They are called "Goffals" in Zimbabwe and live in their own communities. Anglo/Shona, Anglo/Ndebele, Asian/Shona and many mixed race derivatives. Most are unable to trace their direct ancestry. If they were able to prove that they have European ancestry and qualify for the visa - then ok.

Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has been appointed the new chairman of the 54-nation African Union.

Friday's announcement was made during the African Union's two-day heads of state summit at the organisation's headquarters in Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa.

The 90-year-old Mugabe, who has ruled his country since 1980, succeeds Mauritania's President Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz.

"During my tenure as chair," he said, "I will deliberately provoke your thoughts to pay special attention to issues of infrastructure, value addition, agriculture and climate change".

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2015/01/mugabe-appointed-african-union-chairman-150130190208635.html

Mugabe is the new presiding chairman of the African Union. He wants to pay special attention to Africa's agricultural policies. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2015/01/mugabe-appointed-african-union-chairman-150130190208635.html

Mugabe is the new presiding chairman of the African Union. He wants to pay special attention to Africa's agricultural policies. You couldn't make it up.

How the hell did he manage that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Gatling wrote: »

It's rotating. He just had to stay alive long enough and he'd get it eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Gatling wrote: »

I thought it was rotational, but it only rotates by region. The assembly of the AU elected Mugabe to the role. FFS!

If anyone deserves to be politically asssinated it's him

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

http://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimbabwe/Zim-set-to-give-white-farmers-90-days-to-vacate-farms-20150122

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_reform_in_Zimbabwe

From the bread basket of Africa to a basket case. Western leaders need to cut off all aid and reimpose sanctions. Perhaps European countries could offer the Whites relocation here and a pathway to citizenship? They are clearly not wanted in Zim, so perhaps giving them the option of returning to the mothership could help sort this mess.

They could start first by giving back land to Palestinian farmers who were kicked off and told to fuck off.
    Maybe then allow the displaced and murdered citizens of Diego Garcia.
    After that maybe give back the lands pinched from the Navajo, Apache, Sioux, Cheyenne, etc.

Maybe after that we can address the issue of land theft (or would it be reappropration?) in Africa.

Egginacup wrote: »
    They could start first by giving back land to Palestinian farmers who were kicked off and told to fuck off.
    After that maybe give back the lands pinched from the Navajo, Apache, Sioux, Cheyenne, etc.

Maybe after that we can address the issue of land theft (or would it be reappropration?) in Africa.

Don't forget about Crimea and eastern Ukraine

Nodin wrote: »
    It's rotating. He just had to stay alive long enough and he'd get it eventually.

Can you cite sources to back this claim up please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Can you cite sources to back this claim up please.

I thanked the post that corrected mine, so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Mugabe and his mob must be the most rottenest bunch of scumbags to ever come to power on this planet.

But do they have to pay for water charges? Rabble Rabble

Egginacup wrote: »

What has any of the above got to do with the topic at hand? Should rename this site whataboutery.ie.

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe may be allowed in to the European Union to attend high-level meetings in his new role as chairman of the African Union, despite a long-standing travel ban, the EU said on Tuesday.

The 90-year-old Mugabe, one of Africa's most divisive figures, ascended to the rotating chairmanship of the AU last Friday, casting a shadow over the continental body's relations with the West.

The 28-nation EU, which imposed sanctions on Zimbabwe in 2002 to protest reported human rights abuses and violations of democracy under Mugabe, has gradually scaled back sanctions over the last few years to encourage political reform.

But it has kept Mugabe and his wife, Grace, under an asset freeze and a ban on traveling to the EU.

EU spokeswoman Catherine Ray said the visa ban on Mugabe and his wife remained in place, but Mugabe could be granted an exemption to travel to Europe "in exceptional cases" for inter-governmental meetings that promoted the EU's goals of democracy, human rights and rule of law in Zimbabwe.

Mugabe would still need authorization from EU governments under the exemption if he were to travel to Europe as chairman of the African Union.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0L72DM20150203?irpc=932

The only part of the EU this loon should be allowed visit, is The Hague.

• Advertisement
Advertisement