Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the shift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

No you're right it's a combination of the two. Although usually I tend to be conservative on tongue use, a little bit is nice...a lot can be nasty :P I've shifted some girls who used no tongue whatsoever...just do what you like, I find that I just follow the girls lead so it's best for her.

Am I the only one who has no problem giving/receiving a good ol hickey? You were the sh*t when you landed into school the next day :P Although it's a bit outdated at this age...

Also there is nothing worse than a teeth collision, only ever happened me once *shudder*

Also, this thread is nostalgia gold.

There was no better feeling going into school with a big massive hickey (providing Mammy didn't see it ;) ). You'd even wear your collar shoved down to make sure everyone saw it :P However it's not so fun if you have to hide it at work or in an interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Scratch marks are where it's at. Much easier to hide under a shirt than a bruise on your neck :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I squirted in his eye :P

#hugsieoutofcontext
    An File wrote: »
    BestOnly new C&H thread in 3 or 4 years. :pac:

FYP. :P

The first time someone tried to shift me was when I was 11 and I was in Trabolgan.....

I squirted vinegar in his eye :P

And to think, some people though the After Hours thread would be worse....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    #hugsieoutofcontext

FYP. :P

Personally I was fan of this thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057134018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

This thread gives me hope that C&H is not completely obsolete :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Scratch marks are where it's at. Much easier to hide under a shirt than a bruise on your neck :P

Heh lol scratchmarks, thats not during a shift...

deise_girl wrote: »
    Heh lol scratchmarks, thats not during a shift...

One would hope not anyway. But during the really fun part that doesn't follow nearly enough shifts.

One would hope not anyway. But during the really fun part that doesn't follow nearly enough shifts.

Lollipops and Taytos? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

thelad95 wrote: »
    Lollipops and Taytos? ;)

What in the name of jesus is the unholy act that taytos are innuendo for? :eek:

I'm sure it'll ruin crisps and corrupt my mind simultaneously

• Advertisement

Deranged96 wrote: »
    What in the name of jesus is the unholy act that taytos are innuendo for? :eek:

I'm sure it'll ruin crisps and corrupt my mind simultaneously

Haha I was referring to lollipops and Taytos given out at teenage discos not... something else you sick person :P

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Haha I was referring to lollipops and Taytos given out at teenage discos not... something else you sick person :P

I'm kinda disappointed now.
    I was thinking along the lines of "tastes like cheese and onion.."

WHAT?!

Yee got free taytos and lollies

If I had known that I wouldve actually gone :rolleyes::P:pac:

Lerl not really

Taytos, lollies, Coke and free pizza slices. And of course, crouching tiger, hidden naggin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Taytos, lollies, Coke and free pizza slices. And of course, crouching tiger, hidden naggin :P

Aww ya peur rebel ya baii

Deranged96 wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed now.
    I was thinking along the lines of "tastes like cheese and onion.."
    Oh god that's giving me flashbacks of some bad shifts :pac:

Ehhhh IDK I just felt like posting this cause you never know whos reading this

Im in 2nd year of college and my friend who is in the same year as me has never gotten the shift, most (like the vast majority, including myself) of my friends didnt get their first shift until 18+ so anyone whos reading this and may feel inadequate or embarrassed by the fact that they may not yet have gotten their first kiss yet dont worry about it, truth is youd be shocked by how many "late bloomers" there are out there. So dont worry about it...it really doesnt matter, itll happen when it happens, no point worrying about it if you are.

As I mentioned in the sex thread, a lot of people in the 14-18 age group bullshít about their past history with the opposite sex.

Oftentimes, you'll find the ones who make the most noise about it wouldn't know how to even talk to the opposite sex.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I got dragged into take me out one night and the guy who 'took me out' got distracted by tayto. #foreveralone

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I got dragged into take me out one night and the guy who 'took me out' got distracted by tayto. #foreveralone

You should find some tayto of your own....it fills the void of emptiness that loneliness brings :pac:

The shift is great and all but when they get into a taxi at the end of a Saturday night and go home It just feels like so much more could of happened. Forever alone :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Im in 2nd year of college and my friend who is in the same year as me has never gotten the shift, most (like the vast majority, including myself) of my friends didnt get their first shift until 18+ so anyone whos reading this and may feel inadequate or embarrassed by the fact that they may not yet have gotten their first kiss yet dont worry about it, truth is youd be shocked by how many "late bloomers" there are out there. So dont worry about it...it really doesnt matter, itll happen when it happens, no point worrying about it if you are.

Alright, we've clearly entered some sort of freaky alternate dimension in this thread. I mean, I was kind of suspicious when there was actually more than four different people posting in the thread, but now HugsiePie has posted something serious and not innuendo laden...

This is all happening in my head isn't it?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Alright, we've clearly entered some sort of freaky alternate dimension in this thread. I mean, I was kind of suspicious when there was actually more than four different people posting in the thread, but now HugsiePie has posted something serious and not innuendo laden...

This is all happening in my head isn't it?

in your endo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Yeah my first proper shift wasn't till my 18th birthday. I'd done it once before at a disco pissed on half a naggin for a bet, never saw the lad again so don't particularly count that one. I'm also pretty sure it ended with him licking my nose and lipstick on my forehead ughhh.

Second (real first) time was with a boy I really really fancied and he was an amazing kisser. We dated for a while but nothing substantial came from it, except for the fact that when I think back to that time I genuinely feel butterflys.

Being a late bloomer did me no harm either, I'm a dab hand at the ol shiftin. So like Hugsie said, don't mind anyone else, most of them are lying when they answer that "Are you a fridge or a clock?" question

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

dublinjen wrote: »
    Yeah my first proper shift wasn't till my 18th birthday. I'd done it once before at a disco pissed on half a naggin for a bet, never saw the lad again so don't particularly count that one. I'm also pretty sure it ended with him licking my nose and lipstick on my forehead ughhh.

Second (real first) time was with a boy I really really fancied and he was an amazing kisser. We dated for a while but nothing substantial came from it, except for the fact that when I think back to that time I genuinely feel butterflys.

Being a late bloomer did me no harm either, I'm a dab hand at the ol shiftin. So like Hugsie said, don't mind anyone else, most of them are lying when they answer that "Are you a fridge or a clock?" question

Story with a shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Story with a shift?

Only shift one man these days, don't think he'd be impressed with me having a "other fella"

• Registered Users Posts: 26 emma9

I think I left things a bit awkwardly after I shifted the boy. I was wondering if I was the one to leave it awkwardly then maybe I should chat him to make sure things aren't weird between us.
    Or should I just leave it and forget it?

emma9 wrote: »
    I think I left things a bit awkwardly after I shifted the boy. I was wondering if I was the one to leave it awkwardly then maybe I should chat him to make sure things aren't weird between us.
    Or should I just leave it and forget it?

Do you actually like this guy? I was under the impression it was a 'use and lose' situation.

Do you actually like this guy? I was under the impression it was a 'use and lose' situation.

I'm not really sure anymore, I don't think I do really. I just thought that maybe I reacted weirdly because I left straight away.

emma9 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure anymore, I don't think I do really. I just thought that maybe I reacted weirdly because I left straight away.

Has there been any communication since ye shifted?

• Advertisement

Has there been any communication since ye shifted?

Nope none

Advertisement