Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the shift

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

emma9 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure anymore, I don't think I do really. I just thought that maybe I reacted weirdly because I left straight away.

If you don't want anything more with him and he hasn't made the effort to talk to you since then I wouldn't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Congrats Emma I would label that a shift and drift :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I wouldn't say you made things awkward, the very act of just turning up and shifting someone you've never met before was going to be awkward anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. The fact he hasn't bothered contacting you again suggests he isn't interested in anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 emma9

Ye're right the awkwardness couldn't be helped, I'll leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Kill him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thread of the year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Thread of the year.

Coincidentally, I sat down playing my guitar yesterday and strummed the start of "November Rain" and was thinking of how you got great entertainment of the wrong people getting the shift at the wrong time!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

The first time i shifted a girl, i kind of turned my lips inwards so i wouldnt get any of her spit in my mouth and then drooled all down her chin.It really set the tone for the rest of my silky smooth love life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Got the shift yesterday and all I could think of was this thread :D Needless to say I started laughing my ass off

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

HugsiePie wrote: »
    wait....whats this story?

I'll tell the story some day, but not today! (The mood isn't right tonight)

Suffice to say, there was some silliness in the summer of 2006. I think I joined Boards about 2 months later. :P

• Advertisement

WAIT................yee know eachother irl :eek::eek::eek::eek:

LOL. You should have seen this forum in 2009/2010. :P EVERYONE either knew each other or got to know each other. ;)

WELL

Please reveal all (:pac:)

This is the thread to do so after all.....unless perhaps these stories are more suited for the sex thread :cool:

"I did not have sexual relations with D4RK ONION." :cool:

Let's just say that DO and I went to the same Irish college one summer, and I kissed someone I shouldn't have. Mr ONION made the most of the situation with ironic guitar music.

I thought I'd never have to put up with him again, until we both ended up doing the same course in college 13 months later...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The awkiest momo of all time ever when I saw him in college. Oh god.

I felt like a 15 year old again the other night. :P Went back to someone's house after a dinner date and we had to tiptoe around in case we woke her housemates, then we put on some music (at low volume!) and shifted on the couch for about an hour. :D Exhilarating, even if somewhat "frustrating". :pac:

An File wrote: »
    I felt like a 15 year old again the other night. :P Went back to someone's house after a dinner date and we had to tiptoe around in case we woke her housemates, then we put on some music (at low volume!) and shifted on the couch for about an hour. :D Exhilarating, even if somewhat "frustrating". :pac:

Sounds wild. :pac:

Sounds wild. :pac:

I'm a classy guy. Couldn't put out on the second date. ;)

An File wrote: »
    I'm a classy guy. Couldn't put out on the second date. ;)

Thats what the first date is for ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

And you can't even spell procrastinating right! Getting back on topic...

I've a date with a girl in a bit, AND SCARY. I haven't dated a girl since I was like seventeen

Advertisement