Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the shift

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Im more so referring to the dragging of teeth against tongue...

Eek. That's not so good!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I love this thread tbh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

deise_girl wrote: »
    I love this thread tbh

Best new C&H thread in 3 or 4 years. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

An File wrote: »
    LOL. You haven't experimented enough.
    seriously, a gentle nibble on the bottom lip is class
    :D
    I was thinking the same. nothing wrong with teeth being somewhat involved.

I cant think of many better than it in my years I must say!

• Advertisement

Teeth can be nice. Hickies are a bridge too far though. This isn't Twilight love, please refrain from eating my neck if your hungry we can get pizza after :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I remember on Leaving Cert graduation night, I got a massive hickey the size of my fist. That would have been fine except I had a scholarship interview two days later.... No amount of fake tan could cover it up.

Kissing the neck/shoulders is a big turn off in my opinion. Was never really into vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

thelad95 wrote: »
    I remember on Leaving Cert graduation night, I got a massive hickey the size of my fist. That would have been fine except I had a scholarship interview two days later.... No amount of fake tan could cover it up.

Kissing the neck/shoulders is a big turn off in my opinion. Was never really into vampires.

Never got a hickey

BUT LIES

Neck kisses are perhaps the BEST. THING. EVER. in the history of ever....dayum....DAYUM so good, so very very VERY good

Never got a hickey

BUT LIES

Neck kisses are perhaps the BEST. THING. EVER. in the history of ever....dayum....DAYUM so good, so very very VERY good

Maybe when you're giving not receiving ;)

A bit of kissing is fine if it's not overdone can be tingly. . there's nothing like the shock, anger and fear when you realise they've locked on and are applying suction Though . Can't wear turtlenecks at work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

My first shift was awful. Down a lane way surrounded by all my friends who had planned it pushing us two "fridgets" or whatever it was called together! So funny though thinking back. I remember my best friend being delighted for me! She shifted him about an hour after that! Then you had to practice and shift everyone and learn who was a good one and a bad one! We used make lists of the boys we'd want to shift and then rate them! Different times, thank god they are over! :D

I haven't had a hickey in years! :D

I think I remember someone offering to write her name on my chest in hickeys once...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I haven't had a hickey in years! :D

I think I remember someone offering to write her name on my chest in hickeys once...

Now thats a skill she could take straight to the bank

maybe I'm weird but ears too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 emma9

Honoured to have started this so :P

Neck kisses <3
    When they have a bit of beard or stubble rowihrwoghrw at the lovely contrast between soft, tickley lips and scratchy beard. You'd actually be n'able

A bit of kissing is fine if it's not overdone can be tingly. . there's nothing like the shock, anger and fear when you realise they've locked on and are applying suction Though . Can't wear turtlenecks at work :(

Not only the suction but when the fangs have been dug in!

Neck kisses <3
    When they have a bit of beard or stubble rowihrwoghrw at the lovely contrast between soft, tickley lips and scratchy beard. You'd actually be n'able

I must grow a beard and drop you a text sometime ;) :P

I must grow a beard and drop you a text sometime ;) :P

Creepyyyyyy haha

Lol to add context to the rest of the forum this lad does actually have my number x

Creepyyyyyy haha

Lol to add context to the rest of the forum this lad does actually have my number x

Haha I think it's long gone now

• Advertisement

I thought you said neck kisses were ewwwwwy :P

Not when they're with me ;)

Although if my number has since been deleted <\3

When we finally have the Jizzlers sponsored orgy there'll no one come away with a dry neck :P

Although if my number has since been deleted <\3

Well if you still have mine.. ;) :P

I never did use that Marketing book :P

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

I once shifted someone who seemed to think the idea of the game was to suck my tongue. Downright disturbing, I don't think I've ever used so much mouthwash in all my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I remember the first time I ever got drunk I got a hickey that went all across my neck , it was a deep deep purple almost black. I have been hooked ever since :P it was really obvious though and I stupidly tried to hide it in the middle of April with a scarf...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Does anyone know the origin of the saying "Shift" in this context.

It does seem open to many mis-understandings of what "shift" actually means .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I think it's an "outside of Dublin" thing. Because until I'd moved to Galway I'd never heard it.

I had an ex who thought it was good to bite down hard on my bottom lip and like scrape it. Ew. Just ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Biting is the best lads.. teeth marks fade way faster than hickeys and its much more enjoyable.
    When your earlobe is nibbled...... heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 emma9

I was just wondering how are people actually supposed to kiss? I thought it was with their mouth and tongue. The young fella I shifted just used his tongue, that's literally the only thing that moved throughout the whole time. Is that just the way people kiss at first because they don't know what they're doing, or am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

emma9 wrote: »
    I was just wondering how are people actually supposed to kiss? I thought it was with their mouth and tongue. The young fella I shifted just used his tongue, that's literally the only thing that moved throughout the whole time. Is that just the way people kiss at first because they don't know what they're doing, or am I wrong?

No you're right it's a combination of the two. Although usually I tend to be conservative on tongue use, a little bit is nice...a lot can be nasty :P I've shifted some girls who used no tongue whatsoever...just do what you like, I find that I just follow the girls lead so it's best for her.

Am I the only one who has no problem giving/receiving a good ol hickey? You were the sh*t when you landed into school the next day :P Although it's a bit outdated at this age...

Also there is nothing worse than a teeth collision, only ever happened me once *shudder*

Also, this thread is nostalgia gold.

Advertisement