Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIPHOP GIGS 2015

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

I thought he was great and the crowd were into it. I didn't go into it with huge expectations though. For €20 ya couldn't go far wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Boom_Bap wrote: »

As for the support act Deliverance (sorry evasion_kid), they were absolute garbage. The singer and guitarist seemed decent, DJ wasn't too bad on the cuts, but the 2 lads can barely rap. Some of the most simplistic of lyrics.
    The way a mate of mine put it, they were like a German rap group from the 90's trying to rap in English. Not to mention that one of the lads looked like a wrestler and his on stage presence was akin to what Chris Jericho does when walking into the squared circle. Fair play to them for giving it a bash, but they need to move away from simplicity.

I know all the members of deliverance, as far as I know the guy you described as looking like a wrestler (cloaky) isn't rapping very long, a couple of years maybe. As for the singer and guitarist (Babz and Chris) theyre a serious act when they're not with deliverance.

Didn't catch the lads at premos gig but have seen them live a couple of times. Agree they need to step away from the simple stuff, I'm sure that'll come with time!

Big Daddy Kane playing Opium (the Village) on Friday. Tickets around the €20 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Big Daddy Kane playing Opium (the Village) on Friday. Tickets around the €20 mark

Was at his last show at the sugar club in 2013. It was very good, but like many artists who don't put out new material I wouldn't be too pushed to see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭simonw

Went to Big Daddy Kane last night, only about 50 people there. He was good but like the poster above don't think i'd go to see him again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

simonw wrote: »
    Went to Big Daddy Kane last night, only about 50 people there. He was good but like the poster above don't think i'd go to see him again

It's surprising really that none of the 'elders of hip hop' as it were haven't done a tour together recently, surely that would get good numbers?

simonw wrote: »

That's disappointing to hear! Saw him a few years ago in the village he played for about 40 mins, was great to see him but likewise wouldn't go t see him again. Was hoping it was a once off

Advertisement