Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIPHOP GIGS 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Where you all seeing tickets for premo ? don't see anything on the hanger website, they have some techno night listed for the 20th.

EDIT: never mind found them, it's amazing what google can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

Anyone go to The Roots on Saturday night? Thoughts?

Here's the gist of mine, posted in the gigs forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97670600&postcount=224

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Anyone else for Premo this Friday?

If you get there early you can upgrade your ticket to a meet and greet one where you can meet the legend and get shiz signed and the whatnot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Anyone else for Premo this Friday?

If you get there early you can upgrade your ticket to a meet and greet one where you can meet the legend and get shiz signed and the whatnot.

Any more details on price or time?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Any more details on price or time?
    12238230_846193695493520_7846002494681009241_o.jpg

• Advertisement

12193499_10153050250315213_5867988902674325320_n.jpg?oh=1e3866b9e1f2b9bea3a85c15987613ad&oe=56B114F1&__gda__=1457886695_eeca1b6464d03c0b953551c476d58078

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Ah very good, cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

So are we thinking around 8:30 he will kick off?

Hate getting to gigs too early .

There's a support act as well, so I'd say Premo will be more 9 or 9.30.

Ok thanks.

Who is the support? Didn't see any listed.

Are we expecting a touch over an hour for the set from Premier?

• Advertisement

ustari wrote: »
    Ok thanks.

Who is the support? Didn't see any listed.

Are we expecting a touch over an hour for the set from Premier?

This is a bit on the support......i know nothing of them
    DELIVERANCE play main support to DJ PREMIER this friday,5 piece hip hop group who blew the roof off at N.W.A"s DJ YELLA a couple of weeks back and promise another explosive set-so get ready for some irish hip hop with a serious difference people!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Did Dj Yella play here?????

In Sligo I believe it was.
    I've heard rumours that he might be living down that way these days.

He was playing in Time in Naas last Sat.
    https://twitter.com/timevenue/status/660665751137886209

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Was wondering because i didnt hear anything about it, would of loving to see him, you should check out his Vladtv interviews if you havent, seems like a cool guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Did Dj Yella play here?????

He played in Voodoo in September.

http://www.puremzine.com/dj-yella-of-nwa-to-play-the-voodoo-lounge/

Anyone going to The Underachievers on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

This is a bit on the support......i know nothing of them

They're my mates and they're pretty decent,they organised for premier coming over.

They're my mates and they're pretty decent,they organised for premier coming over.

Is that Gav & Robbie? I dont know them but I know the other lad Mark (Spectrum) that is involved in bringing Premo over.

The meet and greet has been changed until after the show, so 11:15 or something like that.

Is that Gav & Robbie? I dont know them but I know the other lad Mark (Spectrum) that is involved in bringing Premo over.

The meet and greet has been changed until after the show, so 11:15 or something like that.

That's them you can look forward to hopefully a few other big names coming over next year from what I'm told ;)

• Advertisement

Nice. I'm always been told about who is on offer and ultimately turned down.
    The biggest regret now is Sean Price, he was offered a couple of times in the last few years but nobody took the chance because they reckoned it wouldn't balance out.

Nice. I'm always been told about who is on offer and ultimately turned down.
    The biggest regret now is Sean Price, he was offered a couple of times in the last few years but nobody took the chance because they reckoned it wouldn't balance out.

I do know they were talking about masta ace coming over don't know if it's still in the pipeline,don't think he's played here in 9 years

I do know they were talking about masta ace coming over don't know if it's still in the pipeline,don't think he's played here in 9 years
    He tours Germany every summer, so Ace is offered every year.
    But you'd have to wonder how many people would go to a gig like that.
    The numbers probably wouldn't be good.

He tours Germany every summer, so Ace is offered every year.
    But you'd have to wonder how many people would go to a gig like that.
    The numbers probably wouldn't be good.

That's what they have to way up,if its worth it,plus the night hold the gig is a big factor.though between DJ yella,the outlawz,mobb deep they seem to be trying to hit the right artists.

That's what they have to way up,if its worth it,plus the night hold the gig is a big factor.though between DJ yella,the outlawz,mobb deep they seem to be trying to hit the right artists.
    The Outlawz and Mobb Deep had an interesting way to get numbers. There were a bunch of support acts, and to play they had to take X amount of tickets to sell. On the day of the gigs, my facebook timeline was flooded with loads of the support acts trying to flog their remaining tickets.

The Outlawz and Mobb Deep had an interesting way to get numbers. There were a bunch of support acts, and to play they had to take X amount of tickets to sell. On the day of the gigs, my facebook timeline was flooded with loads of the support acts trying to flog their remaining tickets.

Clever alright,my mates did support for mobb deep aswell,seemingly there's bad blood between them,they gig together alright but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Im sorry premo but charging heads for a meet and greet ain't real hip hop. I met the dude the first time he played here and had a good chat him, have met many since and always had a good chat. Never got anything signed (regrets) apart from Q bert, another well established hip hop artist asked me for money to sign something and i told him what he could do with it. What a joke.

Raging i couldn't make it last night, any reports .

Last night was what you'd expect really from a Premo gig. Showed up, played songs he produced, sometimes intro'd with the original sample and done some tid-bits on the mic. Think he went for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Some songs made the crowd go nuts, others left them scratching their heads. Luckily I was with some hip hop nerds like myself and we could figure out each song.
    The place was probably close to capacity as well I'd say.

As for the support act Deliverance (sorry evasion_kid), they were absolute garbage. The singer and guitarist seemed decent, DJ wasn't too bad on the cuts, but the 2 lads can barely rap. Some of the most simplistic of lyrics.
    The way a mate of mine put it, they were like a German rap group from the 90's trying to rap in English. Not to mention that one of the lads looked like a wrestler and his on stage presence was akin to what Chris Jericho does when walking into the squared circle. Fair play to them for giving it a bash, but they need to move away from simplicity.

Last night was what you'd expect really from a Premo gig. Showed up, played songs he produced, sometimes intro'd with the original sample and done some tid-bits on the mic. Think he went for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Some songs made the crowd go nuts, others left them scratching their heads. Luckily I was with some hip hop nerds like myself and we could figure out each song.
    The place was probably close to capacity as well I'd say.

As for the support act Deliverance (sorry evasion_kid), they were absolute garbage. The singer and guitarist seemed decent, DJ wasn't too bad on the cuts, but the 2 lads can barely rap. Some of the most simplistic of lyrics.
    The way a mate of mine put it, they were like a German rap group from the 90's trying to rap in English. Not to mention that one of the lads looked like a wrestler and his on stage presence was akin to what Chris Jericho does when walking into the squared circle. Fair play to them for giving it a bash, but they need to move away from simplicity.

Haven't been to any of their gigs since they formed deliverance, they were fairly decent when they were stylistic murder from what you would expect out of Ireland anyway.didn't make the gig myself but I was kinda expecting that out of premo.

• Advertisement

Disappointed by Premier.

Maybe I built it up too much but his live sets on YouTube are much better than his showing on Friday night imo.

Advertisement