Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIPHOP GIGS 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

peteeeed wrote: »
    don't forget j5 and ri ra

Jaysus forgot all about j5 there for a second. EP are good lads when it comes to hip hop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The Boss Level lads are playing throughout as well if your looking for more Irish hip hop.
    I think DeJa Vu are playing as well.

I wont be there. Booo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Jaysus forgot all about j5 there for a second. EP are good lads when it comes to hip hop.

Think nu-mark is doing a dj set too

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A post from Scroobius Pip about the upcoming shows in Dublin and Cork
    So yesterday I did regional posts and SOME of you got them but a fair few didn't.
    Basically... BIRMINGHAM, MANCHESTER, PRESTON, EDINBURGH, GLASGOW, BRISTOL, CARDIFF, LONDON, BRIGHTON, MILTON KEYNES, CORK & DUBLIN...you are all lucky enough to have B. Dolan coming all the way from America to visit you very soon.
    I would be hugely appreciative if y'all could digital "street team" it up and spread the word of these shows.
    The better the turn outs, the more these promoters know there is demand for Speech Development & Strange Famous artists on these shores.
    If the tour isn't coming near you, well Dolan IS travelling thousands of miles so maybe road trip and make up the difference.
    I've posted the tour poster a lot of times so won't do it again right now but it's easy to scroll and find.
    I can't wait to catch some of these shows and to hear from Dolan & BuddyPeace how yall represent on this one.
    Big love for the continued support.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Stage times for Action Bronson tonight got released:

Doors: 7pm
    Mayhem Lauren: 7.45pm
    Alchemist: 8.20pm
    Action Bronson: 9pm

What a show!!

• Advertisement

Disappointed I'm not going to AB now. Big Body Bes is going to be there as well probably on merch.

Sold Out as well.

Ah well, I've seen him a couple of times now.
    Oddisee tomorrow night is what I'm looking forward to, Boss Level and This Side Up as support.

I heard the Action Bronson gig was immense.

Oddisee is up there as one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The band (Good Company) that he plays with are excellent. The adustments to some songs for the live setting are incredible. Everything was just perfect.

The Boss Level lads were decent, a few too many of them on stage and it got a bit unorganised about half way through.

This Side Up gave a great account of themselves.

But Oddisee blew the roof off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Action Bronson was an absolute savage in the Academy. Also incredibly impressed with Mayhem Lauren who I had liked on Bronson's rap's but hadn't listened to by himself. The crowd were well into it and Bronson didn't stop for a second. Encored with Amadu Diablo which was an absolutely inspired way to finish. The songs from Mr Wonderful really play excellent live.

Big Body wasn't allowed in the country apparently, but that was the only slight downer on an incredible evening.

Bronson even says that Mayhem is a much better MC and he has no idea why he has gotten popularity over him. He had a decent album last year, I think Buckwild produced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

A bit of a random question but someone might be able to offer a bit of an insight, what type of crowd will gigs like Kid Ink and Rae Sremmurd attract in Vicar Street? I would like to go to both but would be concerned in case the crowd would consist mainly of the troublesome kind. They're both over 18 events with ID required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Digidol wrote: »
    A bit of a random question but someone might be able to offer a bit of an insight, what type of crowd will gigs like Kid Ink and Rae Sremmurd attract in Vicar Street? I would like to go to both but would be concerned in case the crowd would consist mainly of the troublesome kind. They're both over 18 events with ID required.

Hard to know what kind of crowd would be at them to be honest, would be a youngish crowd and a lot of youngones I'd say, not the usual hip hop crowd that'd be at Action Bronson the other week, but you wouldn't get any trouble at it either. I've been going to hip hop shows for years over here and never had a problem with any of the crowds bar The Game which was more 'scummy' than the others I've been to, but even then didn't have any bother at it.

Think that I may have to head to the Prodigy gig. Really not a fan page of theirs but don't think I can pass up an opportunity to see Public Enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Hard to know what kind of crowd would be at them to be honest, would be a youngish crowd and a lot of youngones I'd say, not the usual hip hop crowd that'd be at Action Bronson the other week, but you wouldn't get any trouble at it either. I've been going to hip hop shows for years over here and never had a problem with any of the crowds bar The Game which was more 'scummy' than the others I've been to, but even then didn't have any bother at it.

Thanks for your input! I'm really looking forward to the two gigs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Cheers for that! Love a bit of Doomtree

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

pity the Naughty By Nature gig had to be cancelled :(

baddebt wrote: »
    pity the Naughty By Nature gig had to be cancelled :(
    ah that's brutal.

But, keep your calandars free for Nov 20th. The gig has not been announced yet, but it's going to be f*cking awesome.

....no, I will not tell you who :)

questlove is djing in the sugar club on saturday 7th november as an afterparty for metropolis where the roots are playing

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ah that's brutal.

But, keep your calandars free for Nov 20th. The gig has not been announced yet, but it's going to be f*cking awesome.

....no, I will not tell you who :)

Oh your such a tease !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Is it PE? They play Cardiff on the 29th

evil_seed wrote: »

Nope....another one announced. Big Daddy Kane at the Opium Rooms on 3rd December.

they are supporting the prodigy at the 3 arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

DJ premier to play the hangar,Dublin on Fri 20th november

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Looking forward to that now. Never saw Premier live before. Smaller venues (which I presume this is) adds to it imo.

PE are in the 3 arena in november , check ticket master , they play alongside the prodigy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

ustari wrote: »
    Looking forward to that now. Never saw Premier live before. Smaller venues (which I presume this is) adds to it imo.

Same as,my mates are doing support,heard a rumour off them for a while that he was coming over.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Anyone know what capacity the Hanger has? Need to go to that Premier gig

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    Anyone know what capacity the Hanger has? Need to go to that Premier gig

It's a good few hundred. It's not sold out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Got tickets for Premier. Really looking forward to it.

Advertisement