Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIPHOP GIGS 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Anyone heading to People Under the Stairs on Saturday?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was thinking about it, but I've loads of stuff on this Saturday, so adding that to the agenda might be too much.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

managed to blag a free pass for Life, probably only go on the Sunday to see Nas and The Underachievers.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I feel sorry for anyone who missed Nas at life, he was unbelievable.

Nas was pretty good. Another one off the bucket list.
    But Green Lantern is a brutal hype man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Nas was pretty good. Another one off the bucket list.
    But Green Lantern is a brutal hype man.

didn't really bother me, I never listened to the underachievers before yesterday either, thought they were good as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

managed to blag a free pass for Life, probably only go on the Sunday to see Nas and The Underachievers.

Was down there today helping a mate take down his sound system and everyone was saying nas was great, kinda sick now as I was offered a free ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Life goal achieved.... I have seen Nas live. Life is good.

350856.jpg

ATTENTION, this is very important.

Your Old Droog has been moved to The Bernard Shaw and is hitting stage at 11 tonight.
    It's FREE, I repeat, it's FREE and at 11 in the Shaw.

Did I say it was FREE, at 11 and in the Bernard Shaw!??

This could be the greatest gig ever, small venue, dope rapper, small numbers.

Cannibal Ox playing Button Factory July 7th. Not mad bout the new record but wouldn't miss a chance to see em live for the world

• Advertisement

I'm there just for Cold Vein bumps.

Droog was excellent the other night. He was rapping standing beside me most of the gig.
    I also got to have a little natter with him as well, sound guy, funny bastid.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Anyone going to Pharcyde in Sugar Club tonight?

Looking forward to experiencing a whole classic album live.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Really enjoyed the gig. Great energy kept up throughout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihavenoname3

who would you like to see play here this year? I wanted mobb deep last year and they came, same with dead prez the year before, I think this year I would love to see Cypress Hill play some small venue.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the gig. Great energy kept up throughout

Yea enjoyed the gig. Everyone happy to be in the room. It's a great LP.

who would you like to see play here this year? I wanted mobb deep last year and they came, same with dead prez the year before, I think this year I would love to see Cypress Hill play some small venue.

I see Talib is playing in November. Saw him a few years back and it was an excellent atmosphere.

Personally think it'd be cracking to see O.C. over here. Don't know if he's ever been over.

O.C. would be great, but he also passes over Ireland and hits Germany :(
    I have someone trying to get him everytime he is in Europe, he's due back at the end of the summer I believe. We'll see what happens.

Talib is locked in to play. Jeru The Damaja is due to play soon as well in the Sugar Club. Afu Ra is soon as well.
    So looking decent especially for older hip hop heads.

Oddisee on 11th Sept has been officailly announced. Tickets available from tomorrow.
    I'll be grabbing mine, not missing this one and I'd expect it to be a big crowd.

Oddisee on 11th Sept has been officailly announced. Tickets available from tomorrow.
    I'll be grabbing mine, not missing this one and I'd expect it to be a big crowd.

Gonna be a cracker of a gig, wouldn't miss it

slum village added to the beatyard festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Kendrick.

Too much of the stuff we get in Ireland is older acts or poppier stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with either of those, but seeing someone like Kendrick at the top of his game would be great.

When he was here in 2013, it was just him and a dj, which was good, but seeing him at Primavera last year with the full band was amazing and that was before TPAB came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mksbart1948

Another year and another Hip Hop Kemp is just around the corner. The biggest european HH festival is coming to kick your arse again with best line-up in history. And besides top US rap artists there's hundreds of best european rappers to listen to (on five stages)

As always me and my mates be going to Prague and straight to Hradec Kralove day before for an epic party at the lake, so we're leaving from Dublin on Tuesday 18th of August and return is planned on Sunday 23rd.

Line up:
    Ghostface Killah & Raekwon The Chef, Mobb Deep, Joey Badass, Hopsin, Dope D.O.D., Yelawolf, PRhyme (Royce da 5’9” & DJ Premier), Gang Starr Foundation (Jeru The Damaja, Big Shug, Lil’ Dap z Group Home), Sean Strange, P Money, Evidence, Rakaa & DJ Babu, The Four Owls, Aku Nara, Reverie, Pumpkin and many more!

Official website:
    www. hiphopkemp.co.uk

If you decide to spend your summer holidays on one and only Festival with Atmosphere let me know :) more is better and we all speak english :))

PEACE! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mksbart1948

sorry for three posts, I tried to edit :D allready reported meself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

you gotta link for tickets ? would love to go to this ,

I've missed some seriously good gigs already this year ,
    I believe kool keith was here last week , missed out on that one big time

https://www.sugarclubtickets.com is where you can get them, you need to create an account which takes about 2 seconds.

Jeru The Damaja is playing this Friday as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Joey Bada$$, November 10th, The Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Atmosphere are hitting the UK and Europe again in Sep and Oct. This time they're bringing Dem Atlas. This makes me unbelievably happy, can't wait to see Dem.

I read somewhere earlier that Fashawn & Red Pill (Mello Music Group) are playing Voodoo Lounge soon, I think the date was the 29th of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anybody heading to the picnic this weekend? Hopefully gonna catch The Expert at it on Saturday night.

Gonna try and get to Mos Def too but I wouldn't be too pushed on going to see him

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Anybody heading to the picnic this weekend? Hopefully gonna catch The Expert at it on Saturday night.

Gonna try and get to Mos Def too but I wouldn't be too pushed on going to see him

don't forget j5 and ri ra

Advertisement