Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 32 to be 100,000 capacity. What would be your lineup to fill the stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wonder do they still think Rousey is a big draw? Her getting her head kicked in has probably hurt her marketability slightly.

Her rematch with Holm will draw fuçking HUGE for UFC. She is doing 2 movies before then so she won't wrestle at Mania next year but down the line I think she will.
    Kurt Angle is a realistic free agent but people would probably hate that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    Has it been announced that he will wrestle or just appear. If wrestle your matches are fine but I think doing Rock vs Brock & HHH vs Reigns makes more sense. Cena vs Taker I agree. Orton won't be back but Owens vs Jericho could be a match or you Ambrose vs YJ2. The 4 way they could do even though they have done a similar one at TLC & it seems that Sting will be out as well.

He has tweeted about training for Mania so considering he is always in great shape he hardly needs to train for a promo or quick beat down like at 31. The only reason he would need to train more than he normally does is for a match (cardio in particular obviously).

I agree that Rock vs Brock is the biggest match they can do but I just can't see them risking Rock getting injured considering he is filming at the same time. I'd love Rock vs a heel Reigns as well. Rock vs HHH is a very safe match.

I reckon we will get Reigns defending the belt against HHH at the Rumble, with the McMahons and LON all interfering to screw Reigns out of the title only for The Rock to come out and help Reigns retain (a modern day Backlash 2000 except nowhere near as good), thus setting up Rock vs HHH at Mania.

Brock will win the Rumble leading to a rematch from 31 with roles reversed - just a shame Reigns won't be a heel as that would really freshen things up. If only Rollins could make a very early recovery and we could have a triple threat. That has the potential to be even better than the Rollins/Lesnar/Cena triple threat from RR this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

Pinkman wrote: »
    He has tweeted about training for Mania so considering he is always in great shape he hardly needs to train for a promo or quick beat down like at 31. The only reason he would need to train more than he normally does is for a match (cardio in particular obviously).

I agree that Rock vs Brock is the biggest match they can do but I just can't see them risking Rock getting injured considering he is filming at the same time. I'd love Rock vs a heel Reigns as well. Rock vs HHH is a very safe match.

I reckon we will get Reigns defending the belt against HHH at the Rumble, with the McMahons and LON all interfering to screw Reigns out of the title only for The Rock to come out and help Reigns retain (a modern day Backlash 2000 except nowhere near as good), thus setting up Rock vs HHH at Mania.

Brock will win the Rumble leading to a rematch from 31 with roles reversed - just a shame Reigns won't be a heel as that would really freshen things up. If only Rollins could make a very early recovery and we could have a triple threat. That has the potential to be even better than the Rollins/Lesnar/Cena triple threat from RR this year.

Well thats a good sign to see he is training the man trains like Cena or even more because he's not on the road and looks so much bigger and even more in shape when he was a full time athlete. I think Brock vs Rock can be pretty safe, I mean they had a great match at Summerslam 2002 not sure if anyone was injured or anything. I would say that Brock is more physical so that could be an issue. I think that they might save the Reigns match for at least Summerslam next year or perhaps even mania next year, think they would either do face vs face or Rock is heel even though Reigns would suite the roll a lot better.

That would make a lot of booking sense what you said, because they are doing a match next week on Raw for the title Sheamus vs Reigns again with Vince as referee Reigns will retain that and will set up the HHH match at rumble because if they are doing Sheamus match next week they are defo not going to do it at Rumble? And from the sounds of it yes Its looking like they are going to have Brock in it to win it. I can see that Cena will be in it and win it for a 3rd time to tie Austin and do that match perhaps. I think that Rumble match was one of the best of the year and it would be really tough to top it even by putting Reigns in it rather then Cena.

I think that Reigns might be a face with a bit of badass in him like an Austin. I am wondering are they setting up a slow demise of Vince and phase him off TV for good where he looks like he has no power or Authority and have a big feud with HHH in the next year or so perhaps? Good thoughts I like all your ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have very little interest seeing The Rock wrestle again. I'm hoping that he might go into Hall of Fame this year (even though there is strong possibility Sting might headline Hall of Fame class this year).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I have very little interest seeing The Rock wrestle again.

Feeling the same way at the moment, as he's been back every year for the last 4 iirc. I'm sure one awesome promo will completely change it :) I hope he faces someone interesting and not boring like Aitch.

Would you be up for Rock vs Reigns? He would destroy Reigns promo-wise but I think it'd build good sympathy for Reigns; Rock could swing it like Reign's isn't good enough etc etc, take the smark side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

IMO Rousey has been done. End of. Throw The Rock in with that statement as well.

Well done WWE you had your somewhat forced "Wrestlemania moment" with Rousey and The Rock last year. Don't milk it anymore than you have to. I love The Rock but couldn't care less about him coming to ANOTHER Mania. He has been there or there abouts for the last five Manias. The novelty has worn off long ago. Believe it or not these aren't the things we talk about after the event. The only moment I really buzzed about Rockwise was the moment with Hogan, Austin and himself in the same ring. It felt so organic and so real.

We all know it's about that "Wrestlemania Moment". We (the fans) want our Mania moments and that's all we need. We couldn't give to shiny sh*tes about what you want to give us for your own vanity.

Think WM31- list the top ten parts you loved. Would Rousey/Rock even make the top 5?

Stereo with these things I don't think us hardcores even factor in, who'll watch regardless of if they did Sid vs Undertaker one more time! They'll probably book according to some twitter impression metrics, which would actually be Rousey/Rock vs Hunter/Steph. Would love something for us rather than the fair-weather newspapers; like Twice in a Lifetime was awful. They were out of fresh material before they started the ball rolling again on that one :( So Sid/Taker II? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Being honest seeing Rousey throw Triple H around and put Steph in an armlock all while wearing a t-shirt with Vegeta on it was pretty awesome for me and probably would be in my top 10 , Couldn't care less about the Rock tho

I have very little interest seeing The Rock wrestle again. I'm hoping that he might go into Hall of Fame this year (even though there is strong possibility Sting might headline Hall of Fame class this year).

I wouldn't say ever again but not against HHH Brock or Taker would at least be something fresh. I think wait a few more years and have him headline the show at maybe 34 or 35 perhaps (HOF). I think it makes sense to do a double HOF induction with Taker & Sting or at least one headline and keep the other for the year after.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Feeling the same way at the moment, as he's been back every year for the last 4 iirc. I'm sure one awesome promo will completely change it :) I hope he faces someone interesting and not boring like Aitch.

Would you be up for Rock vs Reigns? He would destroy Reigns promo-wise but I think it'd build good sympathy for Reigns; Rock could swing it like Reign's isn't good enough etc etc, take the smark side.

I think what they will either do is have Rock have a match maybe against Brock at mania and if not he will be involved in some big angle to lead to the match you said Rock vs Reigns at Summerslam. It will be all on favor for Rock but good shine for Reigns hopefully in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If the plan had been HHH vs Rock (or HHH/Steph vs Rock/Rousey) and is now Roman vs HHH for mania while Rock is having issues getting insurance due to his movie (or something similar) You would imagine he will be in his cousin Roman's corner vs HHH.

If they did want a Rock vs Reigns summerslam match like you guys were suggesting they could have that with Reigns turning heel on the Rock who he could say was stealing his spotlight (he will outshine Reigns tbh) or go all arrogant saying that he didn't need him to beat HHH and that he was the best in the family now etc.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    IMO Rousey has been done. End of. Throw The Rock in with that statement as well.

Well done WWE you had your somewhat forced "Wrestlemania moment" with Rousey and The Rock last year. Don't milk it anymore than you have to. I love The Rock but couldn't care less about him coming to ANOTHER Mania. He has been there or there abouts for the last five Manias. The novelty has worn off long ago. Believe it or not these aren't the things we talk about after the event. The only moment I really buzzed about Rockwise was the moment with Hogan, Austin and himself in the same ring. It felt so organic and so real.

We all know it's about that "Wrestlemania Moment". We (the fans) want our Mania moments and that's all we need. We couldn't give to shiny sh*tes about what you want to give us for your own vanity.

Think WM31- list the top ten parts you loved. Would Rousey/Rock even make the top 5?

I think its a pity they couldn't have built this massive angle this year with either 2 separate matches with Rock vs HHH & Steph vs Rousey or do a mixed tag that would have been huge but obviously UFC would not have allowed it. I agree with your sentiments about the Rock. So this would be then the 6th mania is a row they have called him up and said can you be here and the magic and nostalgia factor is gone.

I mean he did great business with Cena those 2 he wrestled and even at 27 did great business when he was the host of the show, but its glaring and quite said how WWE has to rely on a 43 year old Rock to come back and give some buzz and a moment around the show because of the lack of superstars and megastars in WWE. I hope WWE does some rebuilding this year but I highly doubt it.

Stereo with these things I don't think us hardcores even factor in, who'll watch regardless of if they did Sid vs Undertaker one more time! They'll probably book according to some twitter impression metrics, which would actually be Rousey/Rock vs Hunter/Steph. Would love something for us rather than the fair-weather newspapers; like Twice in a Lifetime was awful. They were out of fresh material before they started the ball rolling again on that one :( So Sid/Taker II? :pac:

WWE really would have to change a lot of their bad habits into good habits if you are hoping for something fresh in 2016.

Being honest seeing Rousey throw Triple H around and put Steph in an armlock all while wearing a t-shirt with Vegeta on it was pretty awesome for me and probably would be in my top 10 , Couldn't care less about the Rock tho

That was a good moment and whilst the promo by the Rock was solid the really good moments was what you said Rousey Judo throw on HHH and then the armlock on Steph, it gave some interest in seeing 2 singles matches or even a mixed tag.

If the plan had been HHH vs Rock (or HHH/Steph vs Rock/Rousey) and is now Roman vs HHH for mania while Rock is having issues getting insurance due to his movie (or something similar) You would imagine he will be in his cousin Roman's corner vs HHH.

If they did want a Rock vs Reigns summerslam match like you guys were suggesting they could have that with Reigns turning heel on the Rock who he could say was stealing his spotlight (he will outshine Reigns tbh) or go all arrogant saying that he didn't need him to beat HHH and that he was the best in the family now etc.

And it seems like they may go that direction but still 3 months to go. The fact they announced him being on the show this early has to either lead to a big angle or possibly a match on the show. And thats not a bad idea at all. I think WWE want Reigns to be face though so they will want Rock Tweener or something to try and make Reigns shine. It works better your idea because Rock is a mega face but thats what WWE will do. If he doesn't wrestle they should lead to that match, I have a feeling HHH might wrestle Reigns at rumble and then Brock wins Rumble and its Reigns vs Brock 2.

Reigns Brock II makes sense, I don't know if it'd sell Mania but it'd be a great division for the smarks/marks. Aitch/Reigns makes sense, and it would get Triple H off his arse and make some use of him putting talent beneath him for 20 minutes each RAW. What about Reigns/Cena, would that be a bigger match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Reigns Brock II makes sense, I don't know if it'd sell Mania but it'd be a great division for the smarks/marks. Aitch/Reigns makes sense, and it would get Triple H off his arse and make some use of him putting talent beneath him for 20 minutes each RAW. What about Reigns/Cena, would that be a bigger match?

Unless they do the Cena turn at WM and give us a year long build to Reigns getting his hands on Cena at WM33, no way are they doing Cena Reigns. Some fans "hate" Cena but he has gravitas and has "paid his dues" with the fans unlike Roman. Straight up face v face match and Reigns is gonna get torn up like Batista did when he showed up at Hammerstein for ECW.

My top matches now would be :

WWE Title
    Brock Lesnar (Rumble Winner) v ???

John Cena v Undertaker

HHH v Roman Reigns

The Rock v Kevin Owens

Id have Roman retain v Sheamus this week, retain v somebody at Rumble but then HHH screws him at Fastlane. Who he drops the title to though I have no clue

Mania is sold on mania alone. When was the last time a mania was sold on a match 10 plus years ago? I think it would be good if they kept HHH vs Reigns for mania it would be a big match and make sense. I think originally they would have wanted to do HHH vs Rollins but Rollins went down. I think Reigns vs Cena would be a bigger match but would be booed to death unless someone turned heel in the main event and it would sicken my arse is Cena won another rumble :(

WM27 was sold on the Rock, same with the 2 Cena/Rock matches! Mania might sell 800k by name alone but WWE are looking to always break.....actually with the Network it doesn't really matter so much now. Maybe they'd hope for another 200,000 one-month subs and hope to keep people around afterwards.

I'm still shocked WWE put WrestleMania on the Network. Guarantee they'd keep 95% or more fans if they had it on PPV only! Glad they don't though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

WM27 was sold on the Rock, same with the 2 Cena/Rock matches! Mania might sell 800k by name alone but WWE are looking to always break.....actually with the Network it doesn't really matter so much now. Maybe they'd hope for another 200,000 one-month subs and hope to keep people around afterwards.

I'm still shocked WWE put WrestleMania on the Network. Guarantee they'd keep 95% or more fans if they had it on PPV only! Glad they don't though :)
    Could see them charging extra on the Network for it down the line. Like a once off 20 dollars on top of your sub. I think they're pretty much done with the PPV distributors in the US and have seen the light in terms of splitting their own well-earned revenue with the cable companies.

• Advertisement

Agreed. It's weird that they'd pass up a serious financial boost by taking Mania off the network; almost everything they do is money (or spite) driven!

LeeJM wrote: »
    Unless they do the Cena turn at WM and give us a year long build to Reigns getting his hands on Cena at WM33, no way are they doing Cena Reigns. Some fans "hate" Cena but he has gravitas and has "paid his dues" with the fans unlike Roman. Straight up face v face match and Reigns is gonna get torn up like Batista did when he showed up at Hammerstein for ECW.

My top matches now would be :

WWE Title
    Brock Lesnar (Rumble Winner) v ???

John Cena v Undertaker

HHH v Roman Reigns

The Rock v Kevin Owens

Id have Roman retain v Sheamus this week, retain v somebody at Rumble but then HHH screws him at Fastlane. Who he drops the title to though I have no clue

Yes I would not do Cena vs Reigns (face vs face) unless there was a big angle after the match and someone turns heel which as you said looks really unlikely would be a crazy end like they did at this years mania like Rollins but can't see it. I would not have Rock vs Owens, Owens has not been built up enough. I think do Reigns vs Brock 2 for the title, Rock is no guarantee to wrestle think it would be good to see him vs HHH but would have to have Ronda in his corner and Steph in HHH corner then do Cena vs Taker thats what I would do with whose available. The rest of the roster has not been built up like the top guys unfortunately.

Oh are you on about the buyrate. For sure it was really the Rock being at WM27 then the card thats why it did the million and the 2 Cena matches for the match and interest of him beating Cena. I meant Mania these days the tickets to the show are sold on just the fact its Mania rather then matches. But WM27-WM29 was sold pretty much on Rock return and his 2 matches for sure to get over the 1 Million buyrate. Hes a draw he has been a big draw in movies now for a good few years.

I think they got easily 200k plus last year for subs on the network around that time not sure how long they stayed around for as subscribers. I know the number is 1 Million plus at the moment not sure the exact number. If this was back 10-15 years ago the number worldwide would be like 5 million I reckon.

I think WWE should have done what UFC did with fight pass. Keep their smaller shows and specials on the network and then their big 3 like Rumble, Mania & Summerslam only available on PPV and becomes available on the network like 2 months later or something. They would get the buys for sure still and might make better money rather then if they were on the network. The product overall was bad in 2015 so maybe thats not even a guarantee anymore.

Could see them charging extra on the Network for it down the line. Like a once off 20 dollars on top of your sub. I think they're pretty much done with the PPV distributors in the US and have seen the light in terms of splitting their own well-earned revenue with the cable companies.

I heard the PPV they had with Sting on a few months ago did around 30k on regular PPV which is a dreadful number like a TNA number but still a source of income. I expect it to continue maybe for a few years its still a source of income for the company and something they missed the ball on not to keep their big shows on PPV & the rest on the network. It goes to show with UFC if they build up shows build up people they can do huge numbers on PPV.

Agreed. It's weird that they'd pass up a serious financial boost by taking Mania off the network; almost everything they do is money (or spite) driven!

Yes its crazy why Mania Rumble & Summerslam were not separate to the network and tried to make some really good income of the 3. There are big things they need to do in 2016 to improve the product though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The Rock doesnt need to face a top guy. At this stage Rocky is an outside celeb coming in for a match, so he doesnt need to face a HHH or Cena or Lesnar. He can be used to get eyes on an up and coming guy and he can afford to put that guy over. A loss doesnt affect The Rocks aura in the slighest. Now imagine if KO pinned Rocky clean at WM. He's a made man. Have him win his next feud and then build him to take the title from Roman or Lesnar or whoever at Summerslam. Thats how you make a star!

Also its a well known fact that Dwayne is a fan of KO. They have had many a public twitter to and fro so I'd imagine that they have had some private chats too

LeeJM wrote: »
    The Rock doesnt need to face a top guy. At this stage Rocky is an outside celeb coming in for a match, so he doesnt need to face a HHH or Cena or Lesnar. He can be used to get eyes on an up and coming guy and he can afford to put that guy over. A loss doesnt affect The Rocks aura in the slighest. Now imagine if KO pinned Rocky clean at WM. He's a made man. Have him win his next feud and then build him to take the title from Roman or Lesnar or whoever at Summerslam. Thats how you make a star!

Also its a well known fact that Dwayne is a fan of KO. They have had many a public twitter to and fro so I'd imagine that they have had some private chats too

I know that he should be brought in to get his eye on someone like Owens and the promos and match could be quite good, but WWE do not think like that they would want a big match like Rock vs Brock or Rock vs Taker or Rock vs HHH. I know thats how you make a guy and the fact as you said a loss doesn't affect the Rock at all at this stage but do you realistically have faith and see WWE do this?

I actually didn't know he was a fan of Kevin Owens thats good he likes a guy like that but WWE would maybe put him over clean then have him lose for months. When he beat Cena it was great but then lost the feud then did nothing, won the IC title and then hasn't done much since after he lost it then. And it would be nice to think that WWE have plans for any of the guys and your plan is really good to lead to a big match at Summerslam just don't see it happening unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** this could be a weak mania with so many injuries but if wwe creative are any good they will pull themselves out of this hole.

Wwe title- Brock (rr winner) vs sheamus (champ) with special informers the league of nations

Triple h/Vince mcmahon vs Roman reigns with special ref the rock

The undertaker vs Kevin Owens

Wyatt's vs bullet club (aj styles. Finn balor plus 2 more guys)

Ic title- Ambrose vs ziggler vs ryback vs Samoa Joe

Us title- del rio vs big show.

Even want to punch myself for that lame card lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I'd like to see Manias highlight will be a shocking event (like the streak ending at 30 and Rollins cash in at 31). So something like Bullet Club being held off til then and invading the main evdnt, ala Nexus, have them rip the place apart and take over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wouldn't mind Jericho facing Lesnar or Taker

I think Reigns perhaps with Rock in his corner against HHH with Vince and Steph could be likely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement