Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 32 to be 100,000 capacity. What would be your lineup to fill the stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Kevin Owens doesn't face Sami Zayn for the IC title I'll be seriously pissed. Very rarely will something like this fall into their lap so perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'd love to see Cena vs Reigns...babyface vs babyface. The crowd reaction could be interesting. It could be one way to get the crowd to cheer for Reigns, or maybe they'll cheer for Cena who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Or you'll get another Brock Vs Goldberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i can see john cena winning the rumble but he says 'i dont want the title shot at mania i want a match against undertaker instead'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i can see john cena winning the rumble but he says 'i dont want the title shot at mania i want a match against undertaker instead'

Why? The streak is dead so he'd be just as well wrestling Taker at No Way Out or Backlash or any other B level PPV. And it would also make the Rumble seem pointless and also make the WWE Title seem less than important than beating a 50 something year old who is hardly unbeatable.

I saw elsewhere online that Cena Reigns was the working plan for WM but whether thats changed now Hunter has no obvious opponent is hard to say. Also some rumours that Daniel Bryan may be back in their plans as he was cleared by the Atalanta Falcons team doc and its only WWE docs holding back now. DB being available for WM now opens up plenty of new options.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Taker Vs Cena is rumoured to be the plan for Mania but things seem to change every two weeks, or at least the rumours do.
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Why? The streak is dead so he'd be just as well wrestling Taker at No Way Out or Backlash or any other B level PPV. And it would also make the Rumble seem pointless and also make the WWE Title seem less than important than beating a 50 something year old who is hardly unbeatable.

DB being available for WM now opens up plenty of new options.

Cena Vs Taker by no means a B level PPV match, it is one of the few dream bouts WWE have left in their back pocket. The last time they were in a fued, over 10 years ago. Cena was nowhere near the level he is now in terms of fans.

Re: Bryan. Vince is set to be torn over what to do. On one hand he needs to beef the roster up with crowd favourites. On the other, Bryan could drop dead in the ring if he takes a bad bump.

There are also rumours that he doesnt want Bryan coming back and stealing the momentum that Reigns is building up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

if sting is healthy enough he mite get a match at mania. taker/sting is possible but vince has no interest in it

Brock (RR winner) vs Kevin Owens (wwe champ) - WWe title
    Cena vs Taker
    regins vs ambrose
    Sting vs Wyatt

if sting is healthy enough he mite get a match at mania. taker/sting is possible but vince has no interest in it

Yeah I dont think Sting Vs Taker will happen at Mania. But Royal Rumble or Summerslam if Taker hasnt retired by then?

Yes, I could see that.

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Taker Vs Cena is rumoured to be the plan for Mania but things seem to change every two weeks, or at least the rumours do.

Cena Vs Taker by no means a B level PPV match, it is one of the few dream bouts WWE have left in their back pocket. The last time they were in a fued, over 10 years ago. Cena was nowhere near the level he is now in terms of fans.

Personal opinion and all but Cena Taker is no more interesting to me now than Cena Orton or Sheamus Orton. Cena v Taker at WM was all about would Cena be the guy to end the streak. No the streak is gone, yea its a match we havnt seen in 10+ yrs but so what that doesnt make it worthwhile. I havnt seen Taker v Albert since 2003 either but it doesnt make it a huge match.

Who plays the heel in the match? We know its not gonna be Taker cos fans wont boo him. And WWE wont turn Cena. A straight babyface match would be awful and the reasoning for it would be even worse. Unless of course Cena was able to say "Undertaker has never been beaten at WM. Well thats about to end cos Im challenging Undi to match at WM" que huge pop. BUTTTTTT, that cant happen now so the match is worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Id agree totally cena vs taker without the streak just doesn't have the same feeling and I'd much rather they go in different directions for both men

• Advertisement

PWInsider Elite reports that

while there were stories about WWE going into panic mode after Seth Rollins’ injury, this is not actually true. WWE reportedly already had plans to go with
    Roman Reigns
    as champion as they head to Wrestlemania 32, and they still plan on going in that direction. There has been no panic with officials as they already were set to put the belt on
    Reigns. Reigns
    was planned to beat
    Rollins
    at Survivor Series and then again in a TLC match at the PPV of the same name.

The Rollins injury hasn’t changed Wrestlemania 32 plans either. WWE officials reportedly have 3 or 4 main event matches “set in stone” and Rollins won’t change those plans by being out. This seems to suggest that none of those plans involved Rollins.

The spoilers are probably pointless as it is fairly common knowledge but just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

I don't believe that story for a second (about Rollins not being in one of the top 3 or 4 main events). It has been contradicted by Wrestling Observer previously and even by PWInsider themselves. Clearly Rollins was facing HHH at Mania and if Rock agreed to face HHH then Rollins was likely to be inserted into the main event with Lesnar and Reigns in a triple threat (or even a Shield 3 way which would've been less likely). They have obviously been informed recently that Rock likely won't be wrestling due to insurance issues with his filming schedule, so the plan went back to Rollins vs HHH and Reigns vs Lesnar, therfor leading to Reigns beating Rollins at SvS in order to go into Mania against Lesnar with roles reversed. If Rock was able to face Hunter I am sure Rollins would have kept the title till Mania.

With Rock now not likely to be able to wrestle at Mania they are in serious trouble selling out 100,000. No Rock, Austin, Bryan, Orton, Rollins, Sting. The roster is very thin on credible main event talent who have been built up and are viewed by casual fans as a big deal. Previously the possibilities for Mania card were endless but now it is looking pretty bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Reigns beats Lesnar
    Triple H beats Dean Ambrose
    Undertaker vs Braun Strowman
    Nikki Bella vs Eva Marie
    Some rapper nobody cares about - 15 minutes
    Sasha Banks vs Bailey - 2 minutes
    Vince McMahon beats Sting (so WWE can win the war again)
    Cena beats Alberto Del Rio (over-doing the nasty foreigner gimmick)
    Big Show vs Kane

Andre The Giant Pre-Show Battle Royal:
    Sheamus wins after knocking out Cesaro, Rusev, The New Day, Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan, Neville and Hideo Itami

Z2jox.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Starting to think they won't sell out this stadium, or come near to filling it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If anyone wants to sub me a ticket I'd be glad to take up one of the seats to boost their morale!

This event is in serious trouble I think. We're not talking about an 18 - 20 thousand venue like the Staples Center or MSG here.

This is 100 thousand tickets they have to sell and not one match is set yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

This event is in serious trouble I think. We're not talking about an 18 - 20 thousand venue like the Staples Center or MSG here.

This is 100 thousand tickets they have to sell and not one match is set yet.

i still think theyll sell 60-70k seats for it just on the wrestlemania brand itself but cannot see it going close to 100k with what i think could be the card.

it might be just the kick up the backside the company needs

sky88 wrote: »
    i still think theyll sell 60-70k

Lets say they sell 65k, it'll still look terrible in a venue that size.

Well this will change things if true
    According to Court Bauer from MLW Radio, this match is currently being discussed for Mania..

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3v24nb/brock_lesnar_vs_kevin_owens_for_mania_is_in_the/

What exactly does it change? Cant see many casual fans or non fans going mad for that. Personally Id love it IF it were to happen. Also doesnt Court Bauer have a rep for being full of shít these days?

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    What exactly does it change? Cant see many casual fans or non fans going mad for that. Personally Id love it IF it were to happen. Also doesnt Court Bauer have a rep for being full of shít these days?

According to that thread his rep is pretty good.

As for the event; didnt HBK say he was offered a truckload of money to be a major part in this but he turned it down? By that he must have meant one final match because being a refferee or an enforcer etc at it is not a "major part"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

Kevin Owens vs Brock Lesnar is an intriguing thought, but Owens is sort of booked as this guy who's not that interested in the match once he's getting beaten, and he's also booked as a prize fighter which begs the question of what the prize would be? The IC title? That wouldn't make much sense as there's only one belt Brock's interested in and it ain't the IC belt. But it looks like a great match if they properly build up Owens as a credible opponent to Lesnar.

Bálor would be my pick to bring into the picture ASAP. With Bryan, Orton and Cena out of action, the WWE needs all the fresh blood it can get. Even besides him and all the other names in NXT, the WWE is spoiled with marginal talent that never gets a look in because ....reasons, like Sandow and Slater. Jack Swagger is a guy who could have been the next Lesnar, being from similar blue chip stock. The WWE's worried about filling seats and they've done sweet FA with these guys who are entirely capable of running with any ball you give them. It's like someone fretting over an exam they knew full well they'd months to study for

I'm sure Rock will come in, if asked, but he's such a regular guest that his arrival no longer feels special enough to put a**es in seats. However, I'd put him in there with Batista, and I think that match would get people going because of its crossover appeal.

Steph vs Rousey - Now that Rousey is no longer the all-conquering queen of the UFC, she might be more receptive to doing something with WWE.

I'd have a legends battle royal on the pre-show, or the ARMBAR with a few legends participating. Jesse Ventura on guest commentary.

Sting v. Taker. I'd bill it as 'The Match You Always Kinda Wanted To See'. SCSA on guest commentary, or guest ref.

Sheamus v D-Bry. If Daniel Bryan could get cleared for this, this would be electric.

I'd create a new belt, something for the lower midcarders and curtain jerkers, like a European title, maybe and hold the semis and final on the pre-show, and keep the belt on Smackdown. This would bring fringe guys into the fold and give them something meaningful to do. It may not do much for WM32, but it's planting a much needed seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I definitely think they should introduce a WWE Network belt, similar to the TV title. It could only be defended on a PPV, NXT, a Network special like Tokyo or a special pre/post Raw show like they once did with Rusev V Sheamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sounds a bit like Zack Ryder's Internet Championship :)

I definitely think they should introduce a WWE Network belt, similar to the TV title. It could only be defended on a PPV, NXT, a Network special like Tokyo or a special pre/post Raw show like they once did with Rusev V Sheamus.

That would probably mean a lot of fringe talent would not get a look in on that belt because of the events it would be defended at. Network Championship is not a bad idea at all, but not what WWE needs right now. They need something for guys like Swagger, Slater, Rose, Ryder, whichever of the Usos isn't injured, Axel, Sandow, and Fandango to feud over. All these guys, right now, are doing a whole lot of very little on TV. They're in no title pictures and we're given very little reason to care about their matches. These guys need a belt of their own, probably Smackdown exclusive, something that implies it's the first rung on the ladder without being demeaning to the talent carrying it.

briany wrote: »
    That would probably mean a lot of fringe talent would not get a look in on that belt because of the events it would be defended at. Network Championship is not a bad idea at all, but not what WWE needs right now. They need something for guys like Swagger, Slater, Rose, Ryder, whichever of the Usos isn't injured, Axel, Sandow, and Fandango to feud over. All these guys, right now, are doing a whole lot of very little on TV. They're in no title pictures and we're given very little reason to care about their matches. These guys need a belt of their own, probably Smackdown exclusive, something that implies it's the first rung on the ladder without being demeaning to the talent carrying it.

IMO, the last thing WWE needs is another title. They need to decide whether the IC or US title is the #2 title in the company and then use the other as a title for the lower card or Smackdown exclusive title. Having 3 midcard titles would be crazy. Having 2 that are both held by upper midcarders right now is stupid.

Without outright saying it they need to establish almost a division system that can guys can flow between. Ill try explain it below :

WWE Title Division
    John Cena
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins
    Brock Lesnar
    Randy Orton
    Alberto Del Rio
    Kevin Owens
    Dean Ambrose
    Sheamus
    Bray Wyatt

IC Title Division
    Cesaro
    Dolph Ziggler
    Ryback
    Rusev
    Kane
    Wade Barrett
    Tyler Breeze
    Neville

US Title Division
    Luke Harper
    Jack Swagger
    The Miz
    Curtis Axel
    Fandango
    Adam Rose
    Mark Henry
    Zack Ryder

The WWE Title division is your top 10 guys who feud amongst each other and all want to be champ, but also would be able to feud with the IC division guys to help elevate them to the WWE title division. Also your top 10 rarely job on tv and should be able to beat your US title and tag team competitors one on one.

IC division is your upper mid carders, a small select few who are capable of being IC champ but also come up short against your top 10 sometimes. Can be capable of elevating the top US division guys to upper midcarders.

US division is your mid-low card guys. Can beat each other but also used to put over your top 10 guys without damaging their own reps.

Thats just an idea of how it should be. And obviously nobody should be stuck in one place permanently. All divisions are fluid and if somebody gets over, start pushing them! Also I left out most tag team guys (New Day, Usos etc.) and as teams get injurys or split they can be slotted into divisions and build from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I don't agree that they need a belt to feud over. Adding another belt for the bottom rungers devalues the midcard belts they already have & would do little for the title holder as everybody knows that it's meaningless. First step up the ladder should simply be winning matches to get yourself into contention for a prestigious* title shot. I doubt anybody would care about Fandango defending a Smackdown Championship against R-Truth & Adam Rose; but give him 90 seconds with a microphone after beating both in singles matches talking about how much he wants to earn a shot at the Intercontinental Championship and some people might.

Unless it's a gimmicked Championship then I'd be completely against it (for instance a 24/7 Championship could be entertaining. I doubt they'll ever have a Hardcore Championship again but the anytime, any place aspect of it could possibly work in modern day WWE).

*Cena did a good job with the US title but unless WWE consistently puts on high quality & varied feuds over the IC & US Championships then they will not regain their prestige of old imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

LeeJM wrote:
    WWE Title Division John Cena Roman Reigns Seth Rollins Brock Lesnar Randy Orton Alberto Del Rio Kevin Owens Dean Ambrose Sheamus Bray Wyatt

I really think Ambrose should be in the IC division??

Problem with the US title is that it's become this gimmick belt like the Million Dollar Championship. Rusev held it as an affront to the US, Cena held it as a tribute to the US, and now Del Rio holds it as part of this Mex-America gimmick, and now he's kind of feuding with Jack Swagger, who uses the nickname, 'Real American'! That's why I left it out of my previous argument, because I think the WWE has re-branded it as a belt specific to feuds over Americanness rather than something to be contested in a division. I would get rid of the US belt, because I find the USA stuff trite and ham-handed, and replace it with a proper entry-level/lower division belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Possibly the largest Wrestlemania ever and not a single match has been announced with a few months to go. This what happens when you operate in an industry without competition, you can put out any ****e and it will be lapped up. Don't kid yourself WWE will have no problem selling 100k of tickets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement