Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 32 to be 100,000 capacity. What would be your lineup to fill the stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

The biggest match at Wrestlemania has pretty much always been set up at the Royal Rumble, with many even changing after that. Not sure why you would expect anything to be announced already, it'd make for 4 months of even worse RAWs. Their problem for this show isn't that nothing is confirmed, it's the major doubts regarding the state of the product since the last Mania combined with popular people being out injured leading to a lack of star power on the current roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I challenge anyone here to not get wrapped up in at least one of the matches for WrestleMania. It's very difficult not to get excited at least on the day of the event. Some years are weaker than others, but that's all subjective. Personally I found that most of the event was just downhill for me after the Intercontinental match this year. They'll be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I challenge anyone here to not get wrapped up in at least one of the matches for WrestleMania. It's very difficult not to get excited at least on the day of the event. Some years are weaker than others, but that's all subjective. Personally I found that most of the event was just downhill for me after the Intercontinental match this year. They'll be fine though.

Ah it'll be grand, they'd have to seriously f*** things up for me to not be excited about WrestleMania. I do think they'll be doing well to sell out the stadium though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The tickets are dirt cheap so they'll sell it out.

The gate receipts may not be the highest but it will sell out for sure.

Ah it'll be grand, they'd have to seriously f*** things up for me to not be excited about WrestleMania. I do think they'll be doing well to sell out the stadium though.
    With WWE the perception is reality, so regardless of if it sells out or not, it will sell. We'll all be marking out over various aspects of the card come the end of March.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

The tickets are dirt cheap so they'll sell it out.

How much and how do they compare price wise to previous Manias?

The tickets up in the sky at it are cheap enough, when I looked. Not sure about other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Aren't the highest high risers some mad low price like $10 ? I could be wrong on that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I agree with getting caught up in it I was one of those who did not want to see Lesnar fighting Reigns but it turned out to be the best match on the card (not the technical aspect) but for the story it told , I even found myself rooting for Reigns before Rollins came in and tore up the script I love Mania and always watch it no matter how **** the product is

Exactly. I desperately wanted Brock Lesnar to kill him in that match but when it came down to it the match was so gripping that I didn't care what the result was. Anything that takes me out of myself with wrestling will always make me glad that I stayed awake to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

If everyone was available I would have done these matches as the top matches:

* Sting vs Undertaker Double Retirement Match
    * Rollins vs HHH
    * Reigns vs Cena WWE Title
    * Brock vs Batista or Brock vs Rock
    * Rock vs Randy Orton
    * Bryan vs Jericho

You need as much star power on this card as possible to fill out the 100k stadium. If you have a solid undercard as well some good tag match IC Title US Title and a really good womens match there you go obviously the card is going to be a lot different to then what is is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    If everyone was available I would have done these matches as the top matches:

* Sting vs Undertaker Double Retirement Match
    * Rollins vs HHH
    * Reigns vs Cena WWE Title
    * Brock vs Batista or Brock vs Rock
    * Rock vs Randy Orton
    * Bryan vs Jericho

You need as much star power on this card as possible to fill out the 100k stadium. If you have a solid undercard as well some good tag match IC Title US Title and a really good womens match there you go obviously the card is going to be a lot different to then what is is.

That's 6 big matches right there, how big do you want your undercard to be? and some tag IC womens matches ETC, It's not a 6 hour PPV :pac:

That's 6 big matches right there, how big do you want your undercard to be? and some tag IC womens matches ETC, It's not a 6 hour PPV :pac:

The Wrestlemania 32 card itself is 4 hours then a 1-2 hour pre show some could go on the pre show this was an example of the best possible card you can do with all the top players if they all made it the card won't be this at all. If you did 4 other matches with the 6 I had the show is only a 10 match card over either 4-6 hours and also there will be the Andre The Giant thing on the pre show so like 11 matches in 6 hours plenty of time for every match with promos and video packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Brindor

A lot of these guys have since been injured, but here is what my ideal card would have looked like
    This is ignoring any wrestlers who would probably come back for the one match at WM (batista, Rock, Austin etc)
    Tried to mix realism with what I wanted.

Cesaro vs Bray Wyatt
    Tweener Bork vs Tweener Orton
    Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn for IC in a Ladder Match
    Shield Triple Threat for WHC
    Neville vs Chris Jericho in the annual Passing the Torch Match
    Undertaker vs Stang in a Career vs Career match (ME)
    John Cena vs Samoa Joe
    Alberto Del Rio vs Daniel Bryan in a Submission Match for US
    The Annual Battle Royale (Comes down to Strowman and Mark Henry. Strowman wins)
    New Day vs HarpGOAT and Rowan vs Usos for the Tag Titles
    Sasha Banks vs Asuka for Divas Title (pls)

Now, looking back at that in retrospect, theres a few injuries here and there.
    Cesaro, Orton, Rollins, Stang all gone.
    DB also, assuming WWE doesn't clear him.

Brindor wrote: »
    A lot of these guys have since been injured, but here is what my ideal card would have looked like
    This is ignoring any wrestlers who would probably come back for the one match at WM (batista, Rock, Austin etc)
    Tried to mix realism with what I wanted.

Cesaro vs Bray Wyatt
    Tweener Bork vs Tweener Orton
    Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn for IC in a Ladder Match
    Shield Triple Threat for WHC
    Neville vs Chris Jericho in the annual Passing the Torch Match
    Undertaker vs Stang in a Career vs Career match (ME)
    John Cena vs Samoa Joe
    Alberto Del Rio vs Daniel Bryan in a Submission Match for US
    The Annual Battle Royale (Comes down to Strowman and Mark Henry. Strowman wins)
    New Day vs HarpGOAT and Rowan vs Usos for the Tag Titles
    Sasha Banks vs Asuka for Divas Title (pls)

Now, looking back at that in retrospect, theres a few injuries here and there.
    Cesaro, Orton, Rollins, Stang all gone.
    DB also, assuming WWE doesn't clear him.

Cesaro vs Bray just wondering how you would set that up its a good match I assume Bray would go over after losing 2 straight years at mania? I like the idea or Brock vs Orton its a big match for both and could be built up well with Heyman on point. Would be even nice to see Orton bring back the punt for the match he will do anything to win kind of attitude. Yes I think Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn would be good I wouldn't do a ladder match at this show would do a gimmick at Extreme rules could be a good opener if Owens is still IC champ, I heard they wanted to put him vs Brock dunno if he has been built good enough for that level of recent times.
    The triple threat for the title would have been a great title match a real show piece and it could have been built up really well with all the history. Neville vs Jericho could have been good as well but didn't we see this a few months back on that network special? It could be done again for sure though. Neville has fallen into the 50/50 club and has been doing nothing at all for months really. I like the idea of the ADR vs Daniel Bryan for a submission match at mania for the title. Its putting Bryan to midcard but those 2 could have a really good match I reckon.
    Strauman winning the Andre thing not sure about that because technically going in we have had 2 heels win it the past 2 years and no babyface has won it. Cesaro got a babyface reaction but was still heel or maybe he wasn't could be wrong on that. I think Joe or someone from Nxt to win that would be a nice rub and good push but WWE will do the same old rubbish and have Henry win it or something like that lol
    The tag match is decent but wouldn't have Wyatts in it have some other combo seen enough Uso's Wyatts to last a lifetime lol. They will never do that womens match the best that you might get is like Charlotte vs Sasha which would be really good. She's been put on the back burner the past few months maybe they will build her up on way to mania. I see you don't have any matches for Sheamo, Rusev & HHH. Those guys will be on the show for sure especially with this new top heel faction they made on raw. I do like the card you made though thought and effort put in unlike WWE lols

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    For football it can hold 80,000. It's expandable to 105,000 with standing room for football.

The NBA hosted it's all-star game there and it was attended by 108,000 people. I think we may be looking at a new WrestleMania attendance record.

They will need a very strong lineup to sell out the AT&T Stadium. A lineup that isnt just a one or two match show but one that will sell tickets from top to bottom if they are to fill that venue.

What would be your lineup if you wanted to sell tickets? Thats to say you are seeing this from a promoter's view and not a fan's.

Some possible bouts.

The Undertaker Vs Cena or Sting with special guest referee Stone Cold Steve Austin

This is Taker's home town, if he can still go in 2016 then this is the place to have his last hurrah. If it is against Sting then it should be billed as the last match ever for both.

Austin vs Rock 4

If Austin can come back to wrestle as opposed just referee then surely this one in a no brainer. It is a big "can" though.

Ambrose vs Rollins vs Reigns for the World Title

Two of them are over now. By 2016 Reigns should be too.

Brock Lesnar Vs CM Punk

After both have their spell in UFC and Punk manages to make up with Vince and Triple H.

Ziggler Vs Cesaro for the IC title

By now Cesaro has been given a second chance and Zigler is still over.

Hulk Hogan, Flair and Shawn Michaels both get involved somehow as "ring enforcers", advisors to main eventers or similar.

What would be your lineup if you wanted to sell out the venue?

Some problems with your line up you said. They do need a strong line up but I think matches don't matter with mania anymore its been like that for about 10 years or so where its the name of mania alone sells it rather then the actually having a strong card. I have heard its sold a lot of tickets and they always do a pre sale as well for tickets. Your match with Taker vs Sting is good would be good to get Austin on the card if hes not going to wrestle which it seems like he will not. I think doing Austin vs Rock 4 is really bad. I don't want to see it and they are my 2 favs of all time. I was hating the idea they were teasing Rock vs HHH earlier this year for next don't want to see that either.
    The Shield triple threat would have been a very good title match but can't do it now with Rollins out. Punk won't be back in time for the show he hasn't even fought in UFC yet. Cesaro will be out now with his shoulder injury and that match with Ziggler while Cesaro is over Ziggler to me is just another midcarder who is going nowhere. In a year he went from main eventing Survivor Series 2014 and winning the match to put authority out of power to a midcarder winning and losing to Tyler Breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    The Wrestlemania 32 card itself is 4 hours then a 1-2 hour pre show some could go on the pre show this was an example of the best possible card you can do with all the top players if they all made it the card won't be this at all. If you did 4 other matches with the 6 I had the show is only a 10 match card over either 4-6 hours and also there will be the Andre The Giant thing on the pre show so like 11 matches in 6 hours plenty of time for every match with promos and video packages.

It was a joke :pac:

It Is essentially a 6 hour PPV yet the undercard will be Sh1te and rushed and we'll be lucky to even get a women's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm getting slightly worried as that stadium isnt going to actually by more then the claimed 93,173 in Detroit. But in saying that wrestlemania sells itself to a point. I mean people do buy tickets before the card is announced.

It was a joke :pac:

It Is essentially a 6 hour PPV yet the undercard will be Sh1te and rushed and we'll be lucky to even get a women's match.

I thought you were being sarcastic couldn't tell. Need to get you on the card Ken Shamrock vs Kurt Angle lols and the undercard could be good if they start building it up and doing something with it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm getting slightly worried as that stadium isnt going to actually by more then the claimed 93,173 in Detroit. But in saying that wrestlemania sells itself to a point. I mean people do buy tickets before the card is announced.

Well Meltzer keeps saying that the show in 1987 did only 78k which I dunno if is true or not. I think this show will do around 85k-90k and WWE will claim it did 100k plus to break the record regardless if its true or not. Mania has been selling itself before anything is announced for at least 10 years it could be longer. There are rumors and possible matches that could happen but we don't know. I am wondering years back did they sell tickets for mania later then they do now. Its usually in November and a good chunk are sold then but did it used to be earlier back in the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

Now that The Rock has announced he is going to be on the show I think the main matches will be something like this.

Rock vs HHH
    Reigns vs Brock (WWE Title)
    Ambrose vs Y2J (US Title)
    Cena vs Taker
    Owens vs Orton (IC Title)
    New Day vs Dudleys vs Hardys vs Usos TLC
    Wyatt vs Sting

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't see the Rock wrestling at this at all. He'll do a promo/run-in/beat down segment for sure but not a full match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rock and Roman Vs hhh and mystery partner if he's wrestling.

But I don't think he'll be wrestling similar to last year I'd say

Pinkman wrote: »
    Now that The Rock has announced he is going to be on the show I think the main matches will be something like this.

Rock vs HHH
    Reigns vs Brock (WWE Title)
    Ambrose vs Y2J (US Title)
    Cena vs Taker
    Owens vs Orton (IC Title)
    New Day vs Dudleys vs Hardys vs Usos TLC
    Wyatt vs Sting

Has it been announced that he will wrestle or just appear. If wrestle your matches are fine but I think doing Rock vs Brock & HHH vs Reigns makes more sense. Cena vs Taker I agree. Orton won't be back but Owens vs Jericho could be a match or you Ambrose vs YJ2. The 4 way they could do even though they have done a similar one at TLC & it seems that Sting will be out as well.

Loughc wrote: »
    I don't see the Rock wrestling at this at all. He'll do a promo/run-in/beat down segment for sure but not a full match.

I think they need him to either Wrestle or shoot a big angle for the summer with maybe him & Roman perhaps? Otherwise if it leads to nothing it will be a waste of time, I would think.

I hope The Rock wins the Royal Rumble and beats the crap out of his cousin in front of the largest audience in WrestleMania history in a loser leaves town kiss my foot iron man match.

I hope The Rock wins the Royal Rumble and beats the crap out of his cousin in front of the largest audience in WrestleMania history in a loser leaves town kiss my foot iron man match.

From the looks of it as right now looks like he will just appear but really what they should do is shoot an Angle in the main event with his cousin for a big Summerslam match for the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im calling it now, its gonna be The Rock vs Kevin Owens and Owens will go over clean as a sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would they follow up on the Rousey bit last year so have Rock back for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Would they follow up on the Rousey bit last year so have Rock back for that?

Wonder do they still think Rousey is a big draw? Her getting her head kicked in has probably hurt her marketability slightly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement