Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 32 to be 100,000 capacity. What would be your lineup to fill the stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

PTH2009 wrote: »
    **** this could be a weak mania with so many injuries but if wwe creative are any good they will pull themselves out of this hole.

Wwe title- Brock (rr winner) vs sheamus (champ) with special informers the league of nations

Triple h/Vince mcmahon vs Roman reigns with special ref the rock

The undertaker vs Kevin Owens

Wyatt's vs bullet club (aj styles. Finn balor plus 2 more guys)

Ic title- Ambrose vs ziggler vs ryback vs Samoa Joe

Us title- del rio vs big show.

Even want to punch myself for that lame card lol

Cards ok but you don't even like the card you made?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Agreed. It's weird that they'd pass up a serious financial boost by taking Mania off the network; almost everything they do is money (or spite) driven!

The network number is the big driver of the share price though.

I'd like to see Manias highlight will be a shocking event (like the streak ending at 30 and Rollins cash in at 31). So something like Bullet Club being held off til then and invading the main evdnt, ala Nexus, have them rip the place apart and take over

Yes that would be a cool ending to the show and then would lead a 4-5 month program into Summerslam which would be good, good thinking like that idea a lot. Yes really destroy the main eventers and even bloody :D

The network number is the big driver of the share price though.

The current network numbers are around 1 million right? And will go up around another 200-300k in the next few months.

My prediction (not what I want)

Reigns vs Rock for the WWE title
    Undertaker vs Braun Strowman
    HHH vs Aj Styles
    Brock Lesnar vs Kevin Owens
    Balor Club (Balor/Nakamura/Anderson/Gallows) vs League Of Nations
    Andre The Giant Battle Royal
    Multi tag team match for the titles with the usual teams
    Charlotte vs Becky vs Sasha vs Paige for the divas title
    Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt for the IC title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    From the looks of it as right now looks like he will just appear but really what they should do is shoot an Angle in the main event with his cousin for a big Summerslam match for the title.
    I'd rather see him with the title than Roman anyway!

My prediction (not what I want)

Reigns vs Rock for the WWE title
    Undertaker vs Braun Strowman
    HHH vs Aj Styles
    Brock Lesnar vs Kevin Owens
    Balor Club (Balor/Nakamura/Anderson/Gallows) vs League Of Nations
    Andre The Giant Battle Royal
    Multi tag team match for the titles with the usual teams
    Charlotte vs Becky vs Sasha vs Paige for the divas title
    Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt for the IC title

The title match is good I would prefer it be on Summerslam and built up. Taker vs Strauman is awful it will be another Giant Gonzales lol. HHH vs AJ buried AJ. You think Balor club will be faces and not heels? Brock vs Owens could happen I just feel Owens has not been built up close to that level. Battle Royal who would you have win? The 4 way sounds good I like that and not Dean vs Bray again no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Some unpopular choices but I'd prefer Rock v Jericho if he's in a match. It would be entertaining on the mic and leave other guys to it.

Rock v Jericho
    Lesnar v Owens contenders match
    Reigns v HHH for the title
    Taker v Bálor. Bálor Club interference. Taker loses and retires on RAW.
    Ambrose v Nakamura for IC title.
    Sasha (not sure how long she's out) v Charlotte for the title.
    Del Rio v Kalisto for US title
    Wyatts v Sheamus, Barrett and Rusev.
    Battle Royal.

Some unpopular choices but I'd prefer Rock v Jericho if he's in a match. It would be entertaining on the mic and leave other guys to it.

Rock v Jericho
    Lesnar v Owens contenders match
    Reigns v HHH for the title
    Taker v Bálor. Bálor Club interference. Taker loses and retires on RAW.
    Ambrose v Nakamura for IC title.
    Sasha (not sure how long she's out) v Charlotte for the title.
    Del Rio v Kalisto for US title
    Wyatts v Sheamus, Barrett and Rusev.
    Battle Royal.

Rock vs Jericho would be good but I would rather see Jericho work with a younger guy. And wait Balor club vs Taker a handicap match wouldn't like that then to lose and retire like that? Ambrose vs Nakamura sounds interesting. Think Sasha might be out for Mania. Del Rio vs Kalisto could be good. Heel vs Heel match for a 6 man?

The title match is good I would prefer it be on Summerslam and built up. Taker vs Strauman is awful it will be another Giant Gonzales lol. HHH vs AJ buried AJ. You think Balor club will be faces and not heels? Brock vs Owens could happen I just feel Owens has not been built up close to that level. Battle Royal who would you have win? The 4 way sounds good I like that and not Dean vs Bray again no thanks.

Regarding the Bullet Club being faces or heels I don't know. The crowd are going to cheer them like crazy so that might force WWE's hand.

• Advertisement

The current network numbers are around 1 million right? And will go up around another 200-300k in the next few months.

I think the last they announced was 1.2m at the end of September last year. Their peak was 1.3m the day after WrestleMania last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How subdued would the ending of mania be if the bullet club come out and kick the living daylights out of the main eventers and wreck the place

Would love if Paul heymen was there manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Rock vs Jericho would be good but I would rather see Jericho work with a younger guy. And wait Balor club vs Taker a handicap match wouldn't like that then to lose and retire like that? Ambrose vs Nakamura sounds interesting. Think Sasha might be out for Mania. Del Rio vs Kalisto could be good. Heel vs Heel match for a 6 man?

Good point. My anti Undertaker bias is showing! I doubt he's going to retire this year anyway. I'd like see the Bullet Club get involved though. Make them super heels in Texas and on RAW the next night. The Divas title I'm not really bothered about. Maybe a 3 way with Becky and Paige. Can't see Vince liking Auskas look too much. They need some faces desperately. Time to turn the Wyatts and change Brays character up a bit. It's really just to fill the card anyway.

Love the idea of Bullet Club wreaking havoc during Mania. The Nexus esque idea is good.

Regarding the Bullet Club being faces or heels I don't know. The crowd are going to cheer them like crazy so that might force WWE's hand.

Would you only think a Mania crowd would know them because they are more diehard fans?

I think the last they announced was 1.2m at the end of September last year. Their peak was 1.3m the day after WrestleMania last year.

So 1.3 was their highest to date only losing 100k from Mania till then is not bad considering how poor most of the year was. I wonder if its lower then 1.2 right now. I reckon as I said it will go up a few 100k from now till Mania. They need to do a better job leading up to the road to mania this year compared to last.

How subdued would the ending of mania be if the bullet club come out and kick the living daylights out of the main eventers and wreck the place

Would love if Paul heymen was there manager

It would be something great 2016 needs some new top stars or a big angle to get things back on track it would be great to see.

Good point. My anti Undertaker bias is showing! I doubt he's going to retire this year anyway. I'd like see the Bullet Club get involved though. Make them super heels in Texas and on RAW the next night. The Divas title I'm not really bothered about. Maybe a 3 way with Becky and Paige. Can't see Vince liking Auskas look too much. They need some faces desperately. Time to turn the Wyatts and change Brays character up a bit. It's really just to fill the card anyway.

Love the idea of Bullet Club wreaking havoc during Mania. The Nexus esque idea is good.

Oh you not a fan of him he's not my fav but have some problems with him like the fact he never put many talents over when he was younger and even older days. You think he'll be there after 32 I think he should he' done enough hell be what near 52 next year I think induction to HOF the night before would be great and one last good match in Texas would be a good send of.

So you would want them to come in as Heels I'm not sure what way they will come in as I reckon it could go either way. The divas probably a 3 way and yes he probably wouldn't like her. What would you do with Bray character then? Maybe he should go face but they just brought them back last year and added Braun so I don't see it till late next year perhaps. Yes it would be great if they did a big angle like that and wreck the show, but they have to book it a lot better then they did Nexus great start and dreadful ending.

So what will they do with taker. Can't afford to leave him off it.

Taker vs league of nations
    Taker vs Kevin Owens
    Taker vs Wyatt's (please no done to death)
    Taker vs Y2J

Cena and sting are injured so that's them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

A possible opponent could even be Kane in a double retirement match. They could build it up as Austin-Rock III where Kane never got a win over Undertaker at WrestleMania and this could be his last chance.

Kayfabe wise that makes all the sense in the world to me but I'm sure the smarks would **** all over it. Then again, there doesn't seem to be many clear and obvious candidates now.

• Advertisement

Kane vs Taker vs sting (very limited movement from him).

It could end with the 3 guys embracing one another and then lights out

A match like that is crying out for a Wyatt interference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Taker vs Kevin Owens
    Taker vs Y2J

Said it then but doing the Lesnar vs Taker blow off match at the HIAC PPV was a stupid, stupid decision -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd like to see Taker vs Ambrose

OR Taker vs Reigns ...provided Reigns doesn't win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

If Jericho came back as his 2008-2009 serious heel persona then I think he would of been a perfect opponent for Taker at Mania this year.

I think Chris Jericho is almost at that level with the fans where he's just going to be cheered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This is one of the strangest Mania build ups i can remember.

Due to injuries amd over exposure to names that were booked poorly i am struggling to think of interesting match ups for anyone.

It should be easy to think of matches that make sense, Kevin Owens or Dean Ambrose should be in a position to face Brock, Taker or Reigns but nope.

Even New Day don't have an obvious foe.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taker vs Kevin Owens
    Taker vs Y2J

Steph is training apparently, so is it to challenge Taker :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Steph is training apparently, so is it to challenge Taker :p

Rousey's film was delayed so there's a chance of her making Mania now, so she ain't training for nothing I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Can't imagine UFC allowing her first match back to be in WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pentecost wrote: »
    Can't imagine UFC allowing her first match back to be in WWE.

Depends, If shes in a squash match with Steph or if she is part of a mixed tag, WWE could give UFC guarntees that she wont be doing anything too physical on the show apart from a few slaps to Steph and maybe a round house to Hunter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement