Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope's idiotic comment.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I agree, he is still leader of a farce. Even though he might come across as modern thinking initially, eventually he will look as foolish as the farce unless there are major changes within the Roman church.
    K4t wrote: »
    True. He is more dangerous than the religious nut as he hides his true beliefs and intentions and makes the common man forget the institution he represents and has been at the forefront of for most of his life. Extremely dangerous people.
    Peist2007 wrote: »
    Forget about the child sex abuse people, Woodville saw none of it

Yep, usual mass bashing of people ( around 1 billion )

Do ye comment in other threads or is it just anything to do with religion/catholic church, etc?
    Or are ye an organised anti-theist contingent? :pac:

The way some of the posts go, its almost as if you wish religion would just remain hidden, in the home, no expression, thought, or maybe into camps. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The way some of the posts go, its almost as if you wish religion would just remain hidden, in the home, no expression, thought, or maybe into camps. :rolleyes:

Like a Jesus camp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Oh no! How inhumane, certainly much crueler than most theists who believe that those who fail to adhere to their particular creed are doomed to an eternity of torment.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Do ye comment in other threads or is it just anything to do with religion/catholic church, etc?
    Or are ye an organised anti-theist contingent? :pac:

I didnt attack 1 billion people. I attacked Woodville's post.

And i genuinely do think that you could be on to something there. Hiding it from view is the only way to go. I disagree with camps as i am not a fascist. I just see the havoc religion has caused and still causes and, now that we all are now educated and informed, religion has run its course.

Ps quite easy to see where else i have commented. I reckon all that religion has completely lobotomised the propoensity for independent thought you may once have had.

mikom wrote: »

Seen it, great film on fundamentalism. Love the bit on Harry Potter.
    Oh no! How inhumane, certainly much crueler than most theists who believe that those who fail to adhere to their particular creed are doomed to an eternity of torment.:rolleyes:

and someone has said this to your face, so blame all religion? :confused:
    I didnt attack 1 billion people. I attacked Woodville's post.

And i genuinely do think that you could be on to something there. Hiding it from view is the only way to go. I disagree with camps as i am not a fascist. I just see the havoc religion has caused and still causes and, now that we all are now educated and informed, religion has run its course.

If its part of they way of life, so just conform to the way secularists and atheists demand? Obey the loudest minority vocal group.

And here comes the atheist reinforcements!! Must crush religion!!! :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Seen it, great film on fundamentalism. Love the bit on Harry Potter.

and someone has said this to your face, so blame all religion? :confused:

If its part of they way of life, so just conform to the way secularists and atheists demand? Obey the loudest minority vocal group.

And here comes the atheist reinforcements!! Must crush religion!!! :pac: :pac: :pac:

So you have no answer then, ok.

After Hours really is full of goons.

MOD: User banned for continued abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Now here is an idiotic comment from the pope. Im assuming he forgot who he was.
    To a separate question, the Pope said that most importantly, no outside institution should impose its views on families.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30890989

So you have no answer then, ok.

After Hours really is full of goons.

Please refrain from a personal attack on me, and stick to the post.

Answer for what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I bash the religion, not the people, if you can understand that. The people are victims of indoctrination, social conditioning, lack of education, fear etc. Nobody who is born automatically believes in a God or a certain religion. They are taught these things which are purely fiction because it is commonly accepted as the thing to do. It doesn't have to be that way if people were only brave enough to change.

No, quite the opposite in fact, I'd much rather it out in the open and voicing its many backward ideologies as loudly as possible, like the pope last week. I don't however want people to be allowed to hide behind blasphemy laws when their religion is criticised, mocked or they are offended. Just as I would not use any laws to silence them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Have Pavee point commented on the Pope's "Three kid" rule?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

mikom wrote: »
    Have Pavee point commented on the Pope's "Three kid" rule?
    You know the old catholic saying, keep quiet and ignore any bad things you see happening or anything you disagree with and it will go away or be forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

On a whole if you imagine another fabulously wealthy global organisation that actively concealed child abuse on a similar scale as the Catholic Church or actively protected pedophiles from justice leaving aside the other myriad abuses perpetrated by the Church or its members not only would they be the subject unfriendly popular opinion they would be outlawed, the assets seized and the leaders in jail.
    What about the Irish state that covered up the abuses to protect the church? What about teachers around the world that take advantage of their students? What about global corporations that cover up abuses to protect their profits? What about militaries abusing their powers? I'd agree that institutions have to be held accountable for their actions and they shouldn't be allowed to avoid any reprimand by throwing one or two people under the bus.

The churches seem all the more worse because of the sanctimonious position they try to portray but the fact is what happened is something that happens in just about all powerful institutions that value the reputation of the institution above all else which allows predators to use that institutions reputation to prey on people too afraid to speak out. The church isn't unique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

ScumLord wrote: »
    What about the Irish state that covered up the abuses to protect the church?

Ah well the State enjoys a significant advantage in so far as it is, you know the State.
    What about teachers around the world that take advantage of their students?

If there was an international association of teachers, lets call it the the International Teachy Teachers Union, and they used their reach and resources to conceal their members large scale and horrific abuse of children over decades and continents I have no hesitation in believing they would be hounded out of existence.
    What about global corporations that cover up abuses to protect their profits?

Do you know of another organisation that systematically abused and protected abusers on anything approaching the scale done by the Church or its employees?If so alert the media. And furthermore do you know any that survived the scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Do you know of another organisation that systematically abused and protected abusers on anything approaching the scale done by the Church or its employees?If so alert the media. And furthermore do you know any that survived the scandal.
    The banking crisis would be an example, banks tried to cover up the actions of their employees siphoning money out of customers because it would reflect badly on them. It's been known to happen time and time again where large corporations have taken advantage of employees and poorer countries resources for profiteering, they've covered up the effects of their products or actions and hid their directors from prosecution.

Now it's not child abuse, so it doesn't disgust us as much murder, or environmental damage, or displacing thousands of people, but it does happen. Any organisation that is that powerful and where it's members can avoid consequences even when they do get caught will attract people more than willing to take advantage of that situation.

Advertisement