Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Shemale wrote: »
    He got put up 7lbs for the defeat of Somersby.

Take Sprinter out of it and he beat 163 rated Twinlight by 8L (163 + 8 = 171), he beat 162 Somersby by 15L (162 + 15 = 177), he beat 152 rated Grey Gold 24L (152 + 24 = 176), while it's not an exact science it's not unreasonable to expect Dodging Bullets to get a mark of 170 plus for yesterday given they have all ran in and around their marks(bar Sprinter) and he beat them fair and square.

It's silly to try crab Sprinter Sacres race by trying to discredit what is clearly a smart improving horse.
    I gave my perspective on the race take/leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

DB is a high 160's horse at best and he beat SS convincingly. SS didn't travel/jump like his old self and most worryingly he bled. And as far as fitness there is no way that NH would run a horse with as many problems as SS less then 90% fit as it would cause too much stress on the horse. Real shame but i think sting60 is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    DB is a high 160's horse at best and he beat SS convincingly. SS didn't travel/jump like his old self and most worryingly he bled. And as far as fitness there is no way that NH would run a horse with as many problems as SS less then 90% fit as it would cause too much stress on the horse. Real shame but i think sting60 is right.

DB is already 165 before being put up for Saturday and is improving, the clock doesnt lie and that was a quick race.

No chance he risk SS by having him under maximum strain first time back.

Advertisement