Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 16-01-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like we're going to see the return of Sprinter Sacre for the Clarence House Stakes as the rain as it looks like the rain isn't going to materialize with the course clerk suggesting the ground may even by good to soft for the day. Regardless of the ground, not sure I could be having Sprinter Sacre on his return after over a year out against a decent enough field which all have runs behind them and should be fit as fleas. Stats say that the last 7 winners of the Tingle Creek win this race, and as Dodging Bullets is the current holder of that title, I see no reason not to take the 5/2 that is on offer for it. Of course if Sprinter Sacre can turn up with just 80% of the ability it had showed before the lay-off, it should have enough to win this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Yeah it's difficult to take a punt on a horse that has been out for over a year, regardless of how good it is.

I had my fingers burnt in a similar situation last year with Big Bucks so I've learned my lesson. Hopefully it's just a good honest race and SS comes out of it the better for it, regardless of win or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

The best bet is prob to back sacre at 7/4 nrnb for the qmcc. He wins then he is odds on qmcc and if he loses he will retire or skip chelt i guess and cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

madmoose wrote: »
    The best bet is prob to back sacre at 7/4 nrnb for the qmcc. He wins then he is odds on qmcc and if he loses he will retire or skip chelt i guess and cash back.

You can't guarantee that though.

They won't flog him tomorrow to win but they could be entirely happy with a good round of jumping and staying with the gallop for most of the way round. He can lose and still go very well at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Very trappy race, no way is Sprinter going to be fully tuned so you have two questions over him, how fit is he and how strong is his heart.

No heart problems and 85% plus fit he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Vintage Star in the 3.15 @ Haydock tomorrow. If he is trying and jumps around he wins imo. Currently 10/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

One bet tomorrow. Ackertac is huge at 28/1 3.35 Ascot. Fared well for a long way behind John's Spirit at Cheltenham two starts back, and ran much better than the bare result in The Young Master's disqualified win at Wincanton, again travelling well before being hampered. I do wonder if he would be better over further, but he's now 10lbs below his 14 lengths beating by Holywell at Cheltenham, and is worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

One bet tomorrow. Ackertac is huge at 28/1 3.35 Ascot. Fared well for a long way behind John's Spirit at Cheltenham two starts back, and ran much better than the bare result in The Young Master's disqualified win at Wincanton, again travelling well before being hampered. I do wonder if he would be better over further, but he's now 10lbs below his 14 lengths beating by Holywell at Cheltenham, and is worth a shot.

Looks like yourself and Aidan took all the 28's. I'll probably leave it now at 20's although probably slim value there still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Looks like yourself and Aidan took all the 28's. I'll probably leave it now at 20's although probably slim value there still.

I just got 25s with ladbrokes. last bookie at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I just got 25s with ladbrokes. last bookie at that price

Ladbrokes restricted my account. Asshats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ladcrooks restricted my account. Asshats.

Fixed that for ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Here's the form for The Italian Yob tomorrow: PPP-P94

Amazingly, the horse is favourite tomorrow, and I think I might actually be on it at 3/1. Horse is down in class, well handicapped and his carrying a 7lb claimer in Lizzie Kelly, who has had an incredible season with Nick Williams so far. Price ain't great, but you can't argue with that trainer/jockey combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭straps

Amazingly, the horse is favourite tomorrow, and I think I might actually be on it at 3/1. Horse is down in class, well handicapped and his carrying a 7lb claimer in Lizzie Kelly, who has had an incredible season with Nick Williams so far. Price ain't great, but you can't argue with that trainer/jockey combination.
    Where's that running francie?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭straps

straps wrote: »
    Where's that running francie?

My bad. I was looking for the Italian JOB! Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Given the role Francie is on you would have to go with "Niceonefrankie" in the 3.35 Ascot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Rule the world 3pts win at naas

Dark spirit 1pt e/w mares race at ascot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Seriously sweet on I'll be your Clown in the first at Naas tomorrow. Some serious flat form and should come on bundles after his debut over hurdles.
    Really looks a class above his rivals and ground shouldn't be an issue.
    Could make a smart hurdler in the future.
    Would be delighted to get 2s or above in the morning.

Dodging Bullets gone out slightly to 3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Fancy taking on The New One today, testing ground and one eye on Cheltenham... 1/8 no thanks!!!

DESERT CRY 22's on the Fair. Taken. Loves soft/heavy ground, switch back to hurdle is suspect after a no shown over fences FTO this season. Second here in 2012 by 2L under similar conditions... he may be able to go one if he can catch the The New One off guard

Small ew Yankee for interest
    Mischievous Milly
    Abracadabra Sivola
    Shangani
    Bobcatbilly

3.10 Lingfield. Clockmaker can go close here. Down the weights and down in class. Draw a small concern as normally makes it however has run well from wide draws previously. Draw has held me back a bit but I still think the 20s with corals is good value. 1 pt win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

sdoc13 wrote: »
    3.10 Lingfield. Clockmaker can go close here. Down the weights and down in class. Draw a small concern as normally makes it however has run well from wide draws previously. Draw has held me back a bit but I still think the 20s with corals is good value. 1 pt win

Have him down as a serious bet when back up to seven furlongs

oPATCHo wrote: »
    Fancy taking on The New One today, testing ground and one eye on Cheltenham... 1/8 no thanks!!!

DESERT CRY 22's on the Fair. Taken. Loves soft/heavy ground, switch back to hurdle is suspect after a no shown over fences FTO this season. Second here in 2012 by 2L under similar conditions... he may be able to go one if he can catch the The New One off guard

Was just about to post the same thing, might Dutch with Bertimont

Have him down as a serious bet when back up to seven furlongs

Considered that but just thought the 20s today was too big. If not today it will be very soon and if you are right and he gets a decent draw I will be having a big bet aswell.

Had a couple of quid on Cogry in 1255 at 9s, bounce could be a factor for the fav and while Cogry has a bit to find on ratings he does better on this type of ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

You will get the 3/1 alright as there is a bit of a gamble going on Mulhollands Horse Whats Left. 5's into 7/2. Whats Left's form looks good. Has won 3 out of 5 in the races he has been placed in, including a not too shabby NHF at Punchestown.

David Probert has struck up a great partnership with Melvin the Grate (3/3 in last year). He's on today 2.35 at Lingfield.

Shemale wrote: »
    Had a couple of quid on Cogry in 1255 at 9s, bounce could be a factor for the fav and while Cogry has a bit to find on ratings he does better on this type of ground.

Ah balls

Shemale wrote: »
    Ah balls

Did you see it? Finish was pure comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Taajub 33-1 ew 2.00
    Good record at Lingfield. I think it's value for a place here .

Did you see it? Finish was pure comedy.

Only saw from the last fence "streaming" my balls. Fav looked to be having a spin.

What did I miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dark Spirit 1.50 7-1

Rule The World 1.55 5-4

Desert Cry 2.05 12-1

Dodgy Bullets 3.00 3-1

Clock maker 3.10 18-1

Vintage Star 3.15 8-1

Ackertac 3.35 16-1

The Italian yob 3.55 2-1

I think that's all the tips on here today from the experts.

Advertisement