Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda, the most popular man in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Meh, you might not be so happy if all those jobs were in Aus/Canada.

They'd still have jobs and be off the live register.

What's that all about? I was referring to them all working here.
    I don't put much store by anecdotal evidence and go by what I and my family see and experience.
    All now working and living here. All can pay their mortgages and are happy. That's what I judge on. You can use your own measures but they won't affect my opinion on what has been achieved in the last 3 years.

Exits............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I don't put much store by anecdotal evidence and go by what I and my family see and experience.
    All now working and living here. All can pay their mortgages and are happy. That's what I judge on. You can use your own measures but they won't affect my opinion on what has been achieved in the last 3 years.

Exits............

Yeah you're right, so long as you're happy that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Historians will look back kindly on the current Government. And I say that as someone from the FF 'genepool'. We ignored the shouts of the loony left, David McWilliams and Joe Duffy callers. Really difficult decisions had to be made. Some of them were bestowed on us as a result of the IMF bailout. Others were necessary. I'd suggest that they haven't tackled the edge cases of the welfare culture that we all know exists.

We have had more development on social issues in this Government than the previous four. Some sort of legislation for the mess that was the 80's abortion referendum. An apology for the laundries. Even Alan Shatter with his work on changing the process regarding refugee cases. We'll even look back on Shatter as liberals, and know that he was a truly reforming minister of Justice.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think he's a ****ing wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Don't speak of our great leader like that.

You should be grateful we have such wonderful people leading us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

Cant believe some of the posts supporting Kenny here. Surly expert trolling?

Jobs? are you for real, any jobs in the country are being created in spite of the govt , not because of them.

Jobsbridge does not count as getting people back to work.

I fear for this country, we aint seen the worst of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Exits............

One mans real life experience is anothers anecdotal evidence.

As in "I don't put much store in anecdotal evidence....but here's mine!!"

Here's another one.... My 'after christmas' cheque this year was almost €700 less into my hand than my 2011 one. (Public Service - due on all of Christmas incl C.Eve & C.Day) It was €682 less to be precise but 700 sounds way better!

No, I didn't phone Enda..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think the government is doing a good job overall given the mess and near fatality of the country they inherited. Looks like we will get all the money back now that was put in to the banks.

If Sinn Fein or the People before Profit crowd had their way this place would be a busted, bankrupt basket case with no prospects.

The current government has done well in my opinion that now we are back to high growth rates and emigration is falling.

Not to let them away with some incompetence but over all I think they have done well given the circumstances.

Jobs? are you for real, any jobs in the country are being created in spite of the govt , not because of them.

What the hell are you on about?

So it is the government's fault when the jobs all magically disappear, but when they appear it has nothing to do with the government?

Doublethink, how are ya!?

catallus wrote: »
    What the hell are you on about?

So it is the government's fault when the jobs all magically disappear, but when they appear it has nothing to do with the government?

Doublethink, how are ya!?

What do you think about the conditions SME's have to function under?

And yes, govt idiocy enabled the crash, so yes they have a large part to play in the current situation.FF/FG, whatever your having.

I cant link. Just google Morgan Kelly /SME. Or just foam at the mouth at me.

You like to shout people down do you?

• Advertisement

this place would be a busted, bankrupt basket case with no prospects.

erm....

erm what?

erm what?

If the shinners get in you imply that this is what would happen.

Have you not noticed what is going on in this country or do you think its all honky dory?

edit, I see your a big fan of Sean Fitzpatrick.lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Sweeteners Galore.

There will be more sweeteners coming soon, but only to be taken away again if FG get back in on the next election. How much of a sweet-tooth do you have ?.

If the shinners get in you imply that this is what would happen.

Have you not noticed what is going on in this country or do you think its all honky dory?

I have noticed what is going on. Employment in growing, unemployment is falling, emigration is falling, highest growth rate in Europe, amongst the lowest cost of borrowing for any government in the world, highest PMI indexes in the world, beating deficit targets impressively by any measure, property prices rising, confidence indicators rising....

Now you tell me - why the hell would I take a risk on someone else to run the country when the ONLY type of recovery is under way? Why would I do that? And I have been affected just like everyone else in the recession - beaten hard.

Fact is the medicine has worked - like it or lump it. We have to get on with it.

You like to shout people down do you?

Hey!

That hurts my feelings!

Who's shouting?

All I'm saying is the kneejerk reaction of blaming the elected representatives is a cop-out which enables the money-owners!

It ain't rocket science.

catallus wrote: »
    Hey!

That hurts my feelings!

Who's shouting?

All I'm saying is the kneejerk reaction of blaming the elected representatives is a cop-out which enables the money-owners!

It ain't rocket science.

Point taken.

But your still wrong and have avoided the substance of my post. I do agree tho that DOB needs to be contained, asap.

edit, I see your a big fan of Sean Fitzpatrick.lol.

Care to elaborate? What makes you think that?

I have noticed what is going on. Employment in growing, unemployment is falling, emigration is falling, highest growth rate in Europe, amongst the lowest cost of borrowing for any government in the world, highest PMI indexes in the world, beating deficit targets impressively by any measure, property prices rising, confidence indicators rising....

Now you tell me - why the hell would I take a risk on someone else to run the country when the ONLY type of recovery is under way? Why would I do that? And I have been affected just like everyone else in the recession - beaten hard.

Fact is the medicine has worked - like it or lump it. We have to get on with it.

Jobsbridge/Emmigration./Race to the bottom with wages.

Getting back off the floor to your knees does not make the fastest growth rate in Europe a recovery.

Link for you PMI claim ?

Deficit Targets, are you for real???? there is an elephant in the room that the politicos so far have done their best to hide from us cause paddy is to thick to realize, so they hope..
    Bank Debt. Get real. That's pathetic to even claim we are beating a deficit.

Why are rising property prices innately good? the property ladder. Conditioning my friend, your eating it up. Lets all do each others washing and see how we get on.

Confidence indicators? what the pricks that got us here are confident that can get away with it one more time and have got away with it? Thats all the confidence I see.

Have you been outside Dublin lately?

Care to elaborate? What makes you think that?

Your post history, defending SF.I like to snoop.

• Advertisement

Your post history, defending SF.I like to snoop.

Your stay here may be short lived. Quotes now please.

Your stay here may be short lived. Quotes now please.

ooo danger.gimme a mo

Jobsbridge/Emmigration./Race to the bottom with wages.

Getting back off the floor to your knees does not make the fastest growth rate in Europe a recovery.

Link for you PMI claim ?

Deficit Targets, are you for real???? there is an elephant in the room that the politicos so far have done their best to hide from us cause paddy is to thick to realize, so they hope..
    Bank Debt. Get real. That's pathetic to even claim we are beating a deficit.

Why are rising property prices innately good? the property ladder. Conditioning my friend, your eating it up. Lets all do each others washing and see how we get on.

Confidence indicators? what the pricks that got us here are confident that can get away with it one more time and have got away with it? Thats all the confidence I see.

Have you been outside Dublin lately?

It does not matter what any intelligent person says to you - you are a fanatic of certain individuals, the types that have no reason. I'm guessing People before Profit yes?

ooo danger.gimme a mo

What was your username before you re re-registered?

It does not matter what any intelligent person says to you - you are a fanatic of certain individuals, the types that have no reason. I'm guessing People before Profit yes?

Im sorry, thats hard to make out.

I voted Lab last time if you must know and Ill vote SF this time , because I love being let down by politicos.

I cant link but you all over the Anglo thread with Seanie love.

Your post is close to personal abuse so dont be getting all precious.

What was your username before you re re-registered?

Resonator75/ Jelly 292

nothing to hide buddy

Jeez, Ive wound you up, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

And yet for the working person, this country is the pits. I've worked through the recession and for what? Another boom to come along and destabilise the country down the line, a declining health care system, a housing crisis, extortionate child care costs. Taxes upon taxes, charges upon charges. A overly generous welfare system to some.

Its funny, I'm educated to the hilt in my field, have a very stable job and the country needs people like me yet we are the ones who are being forced out. Job bridge and emigration have massaged this Governments employment figures. I'm not buying their guff. Its the year before an election.

I've been a lurker for a while but have been forced to post. Anyway, over to the Canada forum with me. Emigration 2016 here we come. Its quite sad that people are falling for the Governments nonsense hook, line and sinker.

I cant link but you all over the Anglo thread with Seanie love.

Quotes now?

Only a re reg would be so stupid to say this about another poster without actual evidence to support their bull**** accusations.

Fine you say this but what do you charge him with? What are you saying he has specifically done wrong?

There is an element of mob mentality here and most can not even articulate what they think he is suppose to have done.

I think my comment is a fair and accurate one.

Forgot I could quote, thanks

• Advertisement

In fairness, jelly292 was a hero. Why do they keep banning these luminaries?? :(

Advertisement