Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda, the most popular man in Ireland

Options
  • 14-01-2015 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Just having a look at the Irish Times website and I spotted this doozie of a headline "Taoiseach says people contacted Government to say they had been paid extra." Does he really think anyone will believe this happened "Speaking on his way into this morning’s Cabinet meeting, he said: “It was great to see last week some people contacting and saying to us, ‘I’m not sure whether it was a mistake or not but I seem to have got extra money on this last payment’."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'd like some of this extra money please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Troll level:Expert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Its more like something you'd expect to read in the North Korean media than here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Whosthis wrote: »
    Its more like something you'd expect to read in the North Korean media than here.

i dont read much north korean papers. are they spending much time on our glorious leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

This happens all the time.

People just check with PAYE to verify unusual changes.

Thread- worthy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Thread- worthy?

its AH

They have a weekly column dedicated to him, I believe last week he was playing golf with Kim Jong, Kim Jong finished his round in 18 shots, Enda couldn't quite keep up, he scored 19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

I for one thank Enda for allowing us to get more money. It's very generous of him, he doesn't have to do it you know!

This happens all the time.

People just check with PAYE to verify unusual changes.

Thread- worthy?

The article implies that people were contacting the government directly, not the revenue, to thank them for their extra pittance. I found it amusing, so yes, thread worthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Most jobs created since 2000 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Best Taoiseach we've ever had.

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Most jobs created since 2000 last year.

Most jobs created or most people off the live register? There's a very big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'll use the whip on you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the head on him in that photograph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Most jobs created or most people off the live register? There's a very big difference.

Jobs
    http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/enterprise-ireland-created-19705-jobs-in-2014-record-increase-30900365.html

Some people won't accept they are doing a good job, it's all about giving out about Water charges.

Enda introduced me to a super-model who gave me a blow job on the first date. No Lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Enda introduced me to a super-model who gave me a blow job on the first date. No Lie.

What was his name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The article implies that people were contacting the government directly, not the revenue, to thank them for their extra pittance. I found it amusing, so yes, thread worthy.

Try all the semantics and twist it any way you like. Revenue, or any other department, is part of government.

A non event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Biased or what?????

Anybody who got employment last year doesn't give a toss if you count them as a job created or one less on the live register. All I know is all my family are now working and I haven't been able to say that for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Try all the semantics and twist it any way you like. Revenue, or any other department, is part of government.

A non event.

exactly, it is not the first time an extremely pedantic position has been taken to complain about a politician and it's pretty childish

I don't why it is done as there are plenty of actual real reasons to do so!

• Advertisement

A non event.

Ah the old everything you said can be completely disregarded because I used the word semantics trick, I love that one. No need to get so hot under the collar, I pointed out an article that I found amusing.

Biased or what?????

Anybody who got employment last year doesn't give a toss if you count them as a job created or one less on the live register. All I know is all my family are now working and I haven't been able to say that for a few years.

I think you misunderstood my comment and I don't see how it could be a bias. As was pointed out by a previous poster, yes they did create jobs, I believe I thanked the post. However there was also a lot of stringent new guidelines and tactics put in place by the DSP last year to force people off the live register. Thats the big difference I was referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Well I'd disagree with that but you gotta admit, there's not that much competition. If you didn't leave the position in disgrace/mired in controversy, then you're nearly there!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is Enda Kenny who says he is a devout Catholic but on the meaning of life, didn't believe Jesus was the son of God.

People rang the government to say their payslip was wrong, this is in the devout Catholic area for him.
    Walter Mitty rules our country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Taoiseach says people contacted Government to say they had been paid extra.

Country is gone to shite when chewing gum is the new currency.

Thanks a fuckin' bunch, Enda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I'd like to see Enda kenny play snooker with a penguin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

the real question is if there was a queue to kick enda in the bollox would it be worth lining up for two days or would you just stream it live ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I think Enda is doing a grand job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Biased or what?????

Meh, you might not be so happy if all those jobs were in Aus/Canada.

They'd still have jobs and be off the live register.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

He's a lier.

Advertisement