Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda, the most popular man in Ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Forgot I could quote, thanks

Is that it? Supporting the rule of law makes me a Sean Fitzpatrick lover does it? Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

Enda introduced me to a super-model who gave me a blow job on the first date. No Lie.

Was she Brazilian by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

Is that it? Supporting the rule of law makes me a Sean Fitzpatrick lover does it? Grow up.

Oh, you have plenty of love written for him for anyone to look at.
    Thanks man, Im going to bed with a smile on my face, hehe. Night night, enjoy the husk of a country we will soon be living in. Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

I'm afraid. Very afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Whosthis wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood my comment and I don't see how it could be a bias. As was pointed out by a previous poster, yes they did create jobs, I believe I thanked the post. However there was also a lot of stringent new guidelines and tactics put in place by the DSP last year to force people off the live register. Thats the big difference I was referring to.

And not before time.

It's not a lifestyle choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭kuntboy

Its irrelevant who is Taoiseach, or what party is in power, as long we have a baying mob demanding to be bought off with taxes raised (i.e. stolen) from the real workers of the economy. This baying mob consists of:
    • Dole scroungers
    • Public sector leeches- those who create no wealth and perform no useful service
    • Working public sector staff who are overpaid and/or inefficient/ surplus
    • Recipients of blatantly discriminatory benefits such as child benefit/rent allowance, etc
    • Unionised wasters from semi-states like ESB who are fleecing us through their cartel-like hold on us thanks to Bertie and social bloody partnership
    • The land and property owning class who are doing very nicely thank you very much from the rise in property prices and did nicely out of the celtic tiger
    • etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

You'll never guess...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-does-a-uturn-on-comment-that-workers-contacted-him-amazed-at-extra-money-in-wages-after-budget-30909404.html
    The Taoiseach later adjusted his anecdote after he was asked who had contacted him.

A spokesperson for the Taoiseach told The Irish Sun the comments had simply been ‘a turn of phrase’.

And the Taoiseach's spokesman told independent.ie this morning that it was "clear" some people were
    surprised at "pay rises", although there are no specifics.

Fianna Fail spokesperson on Social Protection Willie O'Dea later said; "I certainly can't imagine that anyone
    in Ireland would be gaining enough in their pockets to think it was worthwhile picking up the phone and share their
    good fortune with the Goverment."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

kuntboy wrote: »
    This baying mob consists of:
    • Dole scroungers
    • Public sector leeches- those who create no wealth and perform no useful service
    • Working public sector staff who are overpaid and/or inefficient/ surplus
    • Recipients of blatantly discriminatory benefits such as child benefit/rent allowance, etc
    • Unionised wasters from semi-states like ESB who are fleecing us through their cartel-like hold on us thanks to Bertie and social bloody partnership
    • The land and property owning class who are doing very nicely thank you very much from the rise in property prices and did nicely out of the celtic tiger
    • etc

I imagine that's a significant majority of households in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

thee glitz wrote: »

Haha, some of the comments are quite amusing:

FoolMeOnce 1 hour ago
    " Mr Kenny went on to say his government had also solved the hospital trolley crisis - from now on all patients in A&E will have to lie on the floor".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

I think the government is doing a good job overall given the mess and near fatality of the country they inherited. Looks like we will get all the money back now that was put in to the banks.

If Sinn Fein or the People before Profit crowd had their way this place would be a busted, bankrupt basket case with no prospects.

The current government has done well in my opinion that now we are back to high growth rates and emigration is falling.

Not to let them away with some incompetence but over all I think they have done well given the circumstances.

We are getting the money back? News to me any links.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Speaking on his way into this morning’s Cabinet meeting, he said: “It was great to see last week some people contacting and saying to us, ‘I’m not sure whether it was a mistake or not but I seem to have got extra money on this last payment’.

Hold on, did people really contact him directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

We are getting the money back? News to me any links.

AIB will be sold in the coming years.
    Currently its worth €11 billion.

If managed right, we will get our money back on AIB/BOI & (hopefully) PermTSB.

Anglo was remortgaged 2 years ago with a repayment in 2038...... Long fingered, but never getting it back.

I think the government is doing a good job overall given the mess and near fatality of the country they inherited. Looks like we will get all the money back now that was put in to the banks.

Whoa there, we will not get any of the Anglo money back and we pumped the most billions in there - I believe around 30 billion. We might get some of the AIB billions but not all.

http://www.notourdebt.ie/faq

The Anglo debt
    How much are the repayments?

The Irish Government is scheduled to make €47.9 billion of promissory note related payments between March 2011 and March 2031 – this is composed of €30.6 billion capital reduction – the €30.6 billion owed – and €16.8 billion in interest repayments.
    Much of this €47.9 billion of repayments will need to be borrowed unless the State is running substantial fiscal surpluses – very unlikely in the medium-term.

To put these repayments in context, €30.6 billion is equivalent to just under 20% of Ireland’s current GDP or €17,000 for each working person working for pay or profit in the State. €47.9 billion is 30% of Ireland’s current GDP.
    What will be the total cost?

It is estimated that the total cost to the State could reach €85 billion by 2031 (assuming a 4.7% interest rate on borrowings). Over 2% of GDP will be drained out of the State each year up to 2023 to make the promissory note repayments – this will be through an additional €3 billion to €4 billion of fiscal tightening (tax increases/spending cuts).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

AIB will be sold in the coming years.
    Currently its worth €11 billion.

If managed right, we will get our money back on AIB/BOI & (hopefully) PermTSB.

Anglo was remortgaged 2 years ago with a repayment in 2038...... Long fingered, but never getting it back.

And you know this for fact?

Advertisement